You don't need a spiritual room..

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Sugar

Baked
User ID
Faith discussion can be bi partisan and productive across a wide demographic.
Evangelical rambling will polarise your audience if they do not hold the same beliefs imo

Those who want to know me want to know the reason for my faith and I don't care about other beliefs.
I certainly wont be discussing what others believe in.
That's their choice.
Already you have hardened your heart and call anything I might say as evangelical rambling.
Clearly, you don't want to know me or my faith and neither do many But, there are some that do and it is to them I speak.

Clementine

Blooming
User ID
It's my faith in God as a christian that people are asking me about dont you see this?

I've said it before it's a brave thing coming onto a forum such as this and expressing your belief in a higher power. In doing so, people are just going to shred the shit out of you for it... Don't let it bring you down.

Speaking of which, as a maturing man who identifies as being straight, who is apparently a queer all of a sudden. The same can be said for people expressing their sexuality. Around 60 % of the population are bisexual, biologically and statistically speaking. Unfortunately, it's stigmatized and de humanized to identify as LGBT. in today's society. Sexuality is fluid. I've never had sex with another man and as I mature I honestly have no desire to do so... That being said, plenty of people have during their developing years acted on curiosity and engaged in sexual acts between the same sex, but shouldn't identify as being LGBT.

puggle6

Baked
User ID
I've said it before it's a brave thing coming onto a forum such as this and expressing your belief in a higher power. In doing so, people are just going to shred the shit out of you for it... Don't let it bring you down.

Speaking of which, as a maturing man who identifies as being straight, who is apparently a queer all of a sudden. The same can be said for people expressing their sexuality. Around 60 % of the population are bisexual, biologically and statistically speaking. Unfortunately, it's stigmatized and de humanized to identify as LGBT. in today's society. Sexuality is fluid. I've never had sex with another man and as I mature I honestly have no desire to do so... That being said, plenty of people have during their developing years acted on curiosity and engaged in sexual acts between the same sex, but shouldn't identify as being LGBT.
tenor (1).gif

Sugar

Baked
User ID

So good to see you again Clem :)

I've thought of you now and then and hoped you were going ok.
Not good having no heating during winter but glad to hear new move fixes it.

I've appreciated you supporting me on OSA despite you copping heaps of shit. Good onya :)
Not tolerating any shit for my faith this time and thankfully, it has been a different story this time round here with more understanding for which I am grateful for.

I do wish there was no barriers to those who are attracted to those of the same sex.

I can state my reasons why with a biblical argument in support of those who are 'gay' as I have said before on OSA and other forums, no sin is greater than the other, all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, no one can judge another only God. Just a taster :D

Anyhoo, good to see you and here's to happy days ahead

Madmick

Baked
User ID
If you going to quote
Put it context it was written ,not little paragraphs that suit you
In the Catholic Church, sins come in two basic types: mortal sins that imperil your soul and venial sins, which are less serious breaches of God's law. The Church believes that if you commit a mortal sin, you forfeit heaven and opt for hell by your own free will and actions.

Sugar

Baked
User ID
If you going to quote
Put it context it was written ,not little paragraphs that suit you
In the Catholic Church, sins come in two basic types: mortal sins that imperil your soul and venial sins, which are less serious breaches of God's law. The Church believes that if you commit a mortal sin, you forfeit heaven and opt for hell by your own free will and actions.

Is that what you think? That I just quote paragraphs to suit me?

Thanks for explaining some of what the Catholic Church thinks re sin.
What is the mortal sin for Catholics?

For protestant christians that I am more familiar with, the mortal sin is grieving the Holy Spirit.

Sugar

Baked
User ID
Is that what you think? That I just quote paragraphs to suit me?

Thanks for explaining some of what the Catholic Church thinks re sin.
What is the mortal sin for Catholics?

For protestant christians that I am more familiar with, the mortal sin is grieving the Holy Spirit.

Hey I just googled Catholic Mortal Sin and wikipedia says:

A mortal sin (Latin: peccatum mortale), in Catholic theology, is a gravely sinful act, which can lead to damnation if a person does not repent of the sin before death. A sin is considered to be "mortal" when its quality is such that it leads to a separation of that person from God's saving grace. The sin against the Holy Ghost and the sins that cry to Heaven for vengeance are considered especially serious.

Seems we think the same :)

D

Deleted member cpr

Scrub out that bit about being able to save your sole by repenting and there would be less mongrels in the church. If I was a horrible cunt who had lots to feel bad about that system might seem very appealing.

Sugar

Baked
User ID
Scrub out that bit about being able to save your sole by repenting and there would be less mongrels in the church. If I was a horrible Daisy Chain who had lots to feel bad about that system might seem very appealing.

you thinking about confession? and get absolved of sins then continue on merry way same as before.
That is not repentence, repentence is turning away from your sin and doing what is right...sin no more said Jesus.

Top Bottom