What's the weather like?

Raniformis

Curing
User ID
Hope our northern counterparts are doing alright, property wise and stuff.

Bud Rot Advice​

Issued at 4:14 am EDT on Tuesday 23 March 2021.
Forecast districts are advised that rainfall and accompanying high humidity during Tuesday and Wednesday are conducive to a heavy outbreak of brown rot.
The next warning will be issued by 11:00 am EDT Tuesday.

Had no idea the BOM did bud rot warning!

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Pedro de pacas

FIGJAM - Artisan of Bullshit.
User ID
You should get out more Rani, the Bom gives all sorts of warnings

Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
Victoria

Brown Rot Advice

for Northern Country, North Central, North East, Central, West and South Gippsland and East Gippsland forecast districts

Issued at 04:14 AM EDT on Tuesday 23 March 2021

Severe Brown Rot Advice for the following areas:
Northern Country, North Central, North East, Central, West and South Gippsland and East Gippsland forecast districts
Stone fruit growers in the North East, West and South Gippsland and East Gippsland forecast districts and parts of the Northern Country, North Central and Central forecast districts are advised that rainfall and accompanying high humidity during Tuesday and Wednesday are conducive to a heavy outbreak of brown rot.

Pedro de pacas

User ID
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
Victoria

Warning to Sheep Graziers

for West and South Gippsland and East Gippsland forecast districts

Issued at 04:14 AM EDT on Tuesday 23 March 2021

Warning to Sheep Graziers for the following areas:
West and South Gippsland and East Gippsland forecast districts
Sheep graziers are warned that cool to mild temperatures, persistent rain and strong easterly winds are expected during Tuesday and Wednesday. Areas likely to be affected include parts of the West and South Gippsland and East Gippsland forecast districts. There is a risk of losses of lambs and sheep exposed to these conditions.

Pedro de pacas

User ID
"DAMAGING EASTERLY WINDS, averaging 60 to 70 km/h with peak gusts of 90 to 100 km/h, are expected to develop within the warning area during Tuesday afternoon and evening."

Might pose a bit of a problem, wet heavy buds and 90-100 k wind gusts, need more cable ties I reckon lol lol

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
bad mistake shaking branches to get the rain off imo sugar
as you shake , water will flick off but more importantly water will travel to the middle of the bud
where its allot harder to evaporate quickly

if you've got shade cloth up no reason why you can't have ag plastic as well or instead of

frosted ag plastic is about 15% shade , over the top you can use 30% shade cloth as well & no one will possibly notice you have anything but shade cloth up

plus adding a box fan to move air can be done cos it'll be protected from rain by the plastic

air movement / wind is the best drying method

Sugar

Baked
User ID
Hey Itchy :)

The buds are already truly drenched down to the center lol and shaking the branches just gets rid of the excess water pooling in the buds so our opinions differ.

My grow preference is outdoor growing with nature as much as possible without covering or needing fans. We all have our preferences.

That ag material sounds good though and you've mentioned it to me before but for me I like the rain to water the girls as much as possible which happens through porous shadecloth as well as the wind and the sun gets through.

Cheers and I hope all is well with you :)

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
bad mistake shaking branches to get the rain off imo sugar
as you shake , water will flick off but more importantly water will travel to the middle of the bud
where its allot harder to evaporate quickly

if you've got shade cloth up no reason why you can't have ag plastic as well or instead of

frosted ag plastic is about 15% shade , over the top you can use 30% shade cloth as well & no one will possibly notice you have anything but shade cloth up

plus adding a box fan to move air can be done cos it'll be protected from rain by the plastic

air movement / wind is the best drying method
Hows your inside stuff going mate???

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
When i see all of you guys and gals with ya nice big outdoor plants i get jealous but when flower hits and yous are losing buds and sometimes whole plants im glad im growing bonsais inside.

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I hear u Pork with crackling, if i had half a clue on growing inside i'd probs give it a go
Have 2 play hide the tent ev 3 mths on inspections but
No need 2 get jealous on my outdoor stuff mate, nothing big about it
Mainly running ventilation holds me back from inside
Would love 2 grow buds without rain :D

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
I hear u Pork with crackling, if i had half a clue on growing inside i'd probs give it a go
Have 2 play hide the tent ev 3 mths on inspections but
No need 2 get jealous on my outdoor stuff mate, nothing big about it
Mainly running ventilation holds me back from inside
Would love 2 grow buds without rain :D
Don't sell ya self shot mate yours look just as good as the rest mate.
Just a bit smaller. 😉
SA does seem like some of the best growing conditions in the country. Maybe we should all invade Soots.

elsooto

Baked
Community Member
User ID
What do ya do with the outside ones come inspection time, Bob? You dress them up a bit?

Top Bottom