Vaping for Dummies

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Lansed

Seedling
User ID
Hola, just started back after many years not smoking. Got a nice little ceramic bong for Christmas and we've had an abundant, glorious eight weeks together.

The downside of course, is the effect on my lungs. I can feel the tightening and have invested in a little cheap vape with good reviews ( xmax starry 3.0 ). I tried it at the default heat and wasn't overly keen. The pine oil flavour, the lack of sucking in and feeling the hit, blah, blah. The common vape type issues. Chucked it into a drawer but yesterday I ran out of lighters so did a few tutorials, messed around with temps and I can now see some positives for vaping (ability to control my "high" and do lower temps for day time smoking and functioning, stealth, lungs, etc).

I'm sorry if the reads like a dreaded reddit thread but I'm old and technologically challenged. I also noticed that there are a few of us old school types coming back to smoking that might find vaping for beginner info useful. So getting to the point, does anyone have any tips for making vaping more pleasurable (without spending 500 bucks for a high end vape).

Thanks!!!
Vaping dry herb is kinda lame. You need a mighty or a vivape to get a decent hit, and even then.
Distillate, bho, rso etc is the way to go.
All that bong drama just disappears.

junglelover

Vegetating
User ID
Vaping dry herb is kinda lame. You need a mighty or a vivape to get a decent hit, and even then.
Distillate, bho, rso etc is the way to go.
All that bong drama just disappears.
Thanks but I'm interested in a healthy terpene profile without any sort of complicated process.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Concerntrates are great occasionally, but I couldn't do it long term because it gets heavy on the lungs after a while (with me).

But that won't stop me from getting a desktop enail and globe bong. Already ordered the bong, just gotta save up for the enail now. It'll be nice to have a desktop rig that does the lot.

Only thing that shits me about em is they appear to be hipsters/fanboi's choice of rig at the mo, and hate being associated with the hype that comes with this shit. 😄

EDIT: Whilst on the subject of enail's. Does anyone know of any other reputable brands other than the Flowerpot or Freight Train enails?

Last edited:

ShellzShuff3

Vegetating
User ID
But that won't stop me from getting a desktop enail and globe bong. Already ordered the bong, just gotta save up for the enail now. It'll be nice to have a desktop rig that does the lot.

Only thing that shits me about em is they appear to be hipsters/fanboi's choice of rig at the mo, and hate being associated with the hype that comes with this shit. 😄

EDIT: Whilst on the subject of enail's. Does anyone know of any other reputable brands other than the Flowerpot or Freight Train enails?
Yeah I'm going to get a globe too haha. They look great with the glass stem or whip as well.

I've got a Taroma Lite. I like it a lot, use every day and very happy customer, but I've never tried any other ball vapes. Seems like Fright Train is very similar. Mine has a glass bowl and really nice taste.

The company is 'Qaroma' and quite a few reviews online. They've got a ceramic, titanium, glass heads as well as bowls so that's kind of a cool thing that you can buy another one and interchange using the same coil etc. They are sold in Australia by these guys: https://everestcollective.com.au/

Or if you mean e-nail like this, I really want to get this one. :) https://hightechvaporizers.com.au/products/woodscents-walnut-by-eds-tnt. I've seen ed talk on a few things and he's such a nice guy. In this kit you get the e-nail on the desk, a few wood and glass stems etc. The downside of this one seems to be small bowls (I think dynavap size if not literally that basket).

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Yeah, comparing the titanium heads from what i've seen so far. The Qaroma does seem to have the jump on the rest (for my requirements). Nice tidy finish, and it appears as if the flow rate isn't too restricted, compared to the others.

Looks like i got my wires crossed in regards to e-nails too. D'oh!

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Concerntrates are great occasionally, but I couldn't do it long term because it gets heavy on the lungs after a while (with me).

The tiodw on aliexpress is a pretty good budget option made from titanium if your worried about building a pinky. They’ve got a few different options/styles (I bought the mini and just waiting on the enail)

User ID

I looked into a pinky build from Ali express but wasnt sure what I was doing. Just so happened a bloke was selling the bits and pieces for the pinky heads as kits on marketplace, Was $20 posted IIRC.

Consisted of 1 x [pink] No.8 ceramic tig welding cup, 2 different sized stainless screens, and a heap of 3mm borosilicate glass balls.

He also advised me to get the below:

E-nail kit, from 'Neds Outlaw Glass'. Comes with a titanium e-nail for concentrates and a few other extras. $200

ispire straight banger, from 'Redcliff Vape' $25
Bought another 2 since, fragile. Pays to have a spare on hand.

DIY consisted of= insert larger screen in pink cup, fill with balls, cap off with smaller screen. Insert completed pinky head into coil. (from Neds) Insert another large screen into base of ispire banger, and slip it into bong of choice. (Any 14mm glass down stem)

Crank up the controller to 600, heats up in about 3 minutes but better after 4-5. Pack the banger about 1/2 full. Suck down a lungful, cough like fuck, stir the bowl a bit and go again. empty out AVB into bin. Rinse and repeat...

ShellzShuff3

Vegetating
User ID
Bloody tempting.. Compiled a kit (with spares) at a store on aliexpress for $349 delivered.
Haha I was really close to pulling the trigger on a very similar kit but I saw a few online experiences of people having melting hot glass balls falling into laps so I decided to spend the extra $. :ROFLMAO: Freight train is like $460 right?

Just double-check the connections are secure haha. Lots of people make them without any troubles.

The elev8r is also a cool option - there's a glass heater that you use a jet lighter to heat up then put it on the bowl to vape. I think it's like $100.Or they also have a model with the coil as well. They look more fragile, but good value! If you got the coil one, you could always get the injector bowl and go with a design similar to thefullspectrum outlined if you weren't happy with it. $269 with the coil, injector bowl and heat sink thing. Depends if you think you'll do concentrates etc.

With coil: https://hightechvaporizers.com.au/products/elev8r-heater
Without coil: https://hightechvaporizers.com.au/products/elev8r-vaporizer-rig-kit.

Last edited:

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Yeah, probably hold off until I can afford to buy something decent here in Oz.

Unless someone has a wiring diagram?

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Yeah, probably hold off until I can afford to buy something decent here in Oz.

Unless someone has a wiring diagram?
Haha I was really close to pulling the trigger on a very similar kit but I saw a few online experiences of people having melting hot glass balls falling into laps so I decided to spend the extra $. :ROFLMAO: Freight train is like $460 right?

Just double-check the connections are secure haha. Lots of people make them without any troubles.

The elev8r is also a cool option - there's a glass heater that you use a jet lighter to heat up then put it on the bowl to vape. I think it's like $100.Or they also have a model with the coil as well. They look more fragile, but good value! If you got the coil one, you could always get the injector bowl and go with a design similar to thefullspectrum outlined if you weren't happy with it. $269 with the coil, injector bowl and heat sink thing. Depends if you think you'll do concentrates etc.

With coil: https://hightechvaporizers.com.au/products/elev8r-heater
Without coil: https://hightechvaporizers.com.au/products/elev8r-vaporizer-rig-kit.
Aren't there stuff like this that can do all the stuff yous want in one unit or are yous talking about something completely different??

Top Bottom