the US elections

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Any tradie that works for himself is a sole trader..,,if he declares a turnover of less than 75 grand he doesn’t have to charge gst but he can’t claim back any gst that he has paid for materials.
That has been in for a number of years now ,,,it was a shit beforehand.

A company has a much larger turnover and a different kettle of fish.

I fit in as sole trader.
i also get materials at cheaper prices,,,,from A few suppliers.

sorry mate, not entirely true.

A tradie who works for himself chooses how he sets up the business.. Sole trader is a fair bit easier.... but sooo risky.

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
sorry mate, not entirely true.

A tradie who works for himself chooses how he sets up the business.. Sole trader is a fair bit easier.... but sooo risky.

easier than what ?
I don’t recall having other choices when I got my ABN .
but maybe there was ,,might not have suited me at the time

regal1

Vegetating
User ID
sedge is the only one here that knows what he is talking about + indy
theres a thing called public liability insurance that is available that i have on and off but have never needed and dont expect to. What i meant to say earlier but forgot was if billydunce thinks a sole trader cant own a house its because he thinks a tradie cant. Go to the corner and put the dunce hat on ffs. my wife also works and ahs a well paying job so combined we do ok.

regal1

Vegetating
User ID
You are a idiot, failed my arse
Own properties, new car , nice boat and no bills and retired at 51
Whatever you say someone pays the GST ,
And you can't run a business without public liability whatever you do , plus your own workers compensation
They don't let run without them , if you do run the risk of being in debt for the rest of your life
Days are long gone you can what you do
Fuckwit
retired at 51 because ya ran out of work cause no referrals or repeat customers like a successful tradie has. retired and went on the dole. and you dont need public liability insurance to operate depending on what you are doing and what you know. don't need workers compo FFS and states can do things differently so stfu until you know what you are talking about and from what i've seen of your posts i don't expect to hear from you again

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
sedge is the only one here that knows what he is talking about + indy
theres a thing called public liability insurance that is available that i have on and off but have never needed and dont expect to. What i meant to say earlier but forgot was if billydunce thinks a sole trader cant own a house its because he thinks a tradie cant. Go to the corner and put the dunce hat on ffs. my wife also works and ahs a well paying job so combined we do ok.

So, straight in to name calling... lol. confirms your intelligence level.

I did not suggest you cannot own a house.

However if someone decides they want to sue you for any reason whatsoever relating to work performed, your personal assets are at risk.

As a tradie that is a very real risk.

Public liability insurance does not prevent an unhappy client suing you. Defending yourself is from your back pocket. any restitution is from your personal assets. Get it?

regal1

Vegetating
User ID
So, straight in to name calling... lol. confirms your intelligence level.

I did not suggest you cannot own a house.

However if someone decides they want to sue you for any reason whatsoever relating to work performed, your personal assets are at risk.

As a tradie that is a very real risk.

Public liability insurance does not prevent an unhappy client suing you. Defending yourself is from your back pocket. any restitution is from your personal assets. Get it?
pot meet kettle..post 224. We are not in america where every clown sues. You look clueless and should just stop. ya been watching too much donald trump with his pointless litigation

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
,,but liability insurance For the average guy covers around 20 million.

its not something I’ve worried about ,,,only Need it if I’m quoting a large job,,,Like council or a huge company ,,,too much fucking around for little ole me,,,I’m mainly domestic and small commercial..

regal1

Vegetating
User ID
,,but liability insurance For the average guy covers around 20 million.

its not something I’ve worried about ,,,only Need it if I’m quoting a large job,,,Like council or a huge company ,,,too much fucking around for little ole me,,,I’m mainly domestic and small commercial..
i don't think they get it mate

regal1

Vegetating
User ID
fuck i even know a factory worker and a truck driver that own property but a sole trader is not likely to. mind blown

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Piss poor still working peasants cunts

A five or six hour day For me is a long day ,,,nowadays anyways.

public liability does not cover you against an unhappy client.
I’ve heard of the odd horror story but not had one myself.
Anyway,if your good at your job they are happy,,word of mouth is
cheap advertising ,,,pays off.

Top Bottom