The hermaphrodite thread!

Madmick

Baked
User ID
Same article, my point was going to be that information is also a quote from the exact same link he put up as his evidence on a different thread
Again my point exactly, a quote from that exact article which he decided wasn't relevant to support his argument was conviently left out

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Madmick

Baked
User ID
Well maybe you can answer this question
Is it possible 100% of all females , feminised or regular be stressed into turning hermaphrodite?

Yes or No

Madmick

Baked
User ID
Yeah I did , thought it was strange that it had conflicting facts , you could of used it to support either claim

But I believe the correct answer is no

I'm not going to quote anything, I'm not agreeing with you , investigate what a " true female "

Why we don't run seeds from hermies , if we find them early we generally rip it out , as for nannas appearing around wk8 , you can live with but you probably wouldn't run any seed if you found 1

Madmick

Baked
User ID
Did you read further down or did you stop where your copy and paste ends

The quote I posted is from exactly the same source and article further down the page

Madmick

Baked
User ID
Do you also realise that's a blog , it has no scientific references, in fact no reference was made concerning any studies by anyone

Started by a grow shop in Spain

This is getting even better , old fox used a grow blog run and created by a grow shop in Spain.as unequivocal proof he was correct

Imo nothing else needs to be said , might want to check his source before you go all in

Madmick

Baked
User ID
Do you also realise that's a blog , it has no scientific references, in fact no reference was made concerning any studies by anyone

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Madmick

Baked
User ID
Maybe this is more appropriate, whilst there aren't any results published yet I think puts a fair and unbiased view on the subject by somebody who is trying to find out what causes them and how they may be identified for commercial growers in the future

produce male flowers, but the molecular mechanism underlying this sex determination switch remains unclear.

Through molecular and morphological analysis, my research seeks to uncover ethylene’s role in C. sativa’s sex determination system. Eventually, my team aims to use these findings to develop a reliable, easy-to-use method to identify and remove male-producing plants to reduce waste and improve yield in a commercial environment

Madmick

Baked
User ID
Fuck me , didn't get it all try again
relies on harvesting unfertilized female flowers because they contain the highest levels of medically and recreationally important cannabinoids like CBD and THC. If even a single male plant is present in a crop, it will release its powder-like pollen and fertilize a large portion of the female flowers, rendering them useless and decreasing yield significantly.

Although efforts are made to ensure only female plants are grown, cultivators are limited to visual detection. But male and female plants are nearly impossible to visibly differentiate before they flower, and once a male flower emerges, it’s too late. Even more difficult to identify are the female plants producing viable male flowers, or ‘hermies’ as growers like to call them.
These hermaphrodites are puzzling. We know C. sativa, like humans, has a pair of sex chromosomes where females have two X’s and males have an X and a Y, but these chromosomes don’t seem to be important in determining which sex of flower is produced by a plant. This means genetic markers targeting the Y chromosome, for example, are not helpful for identifying a male flower-producing plant, since a female plant with no Y chromosome can produce a male flower too.

So how do these hermaphrodites arise? The short answer: we don’t know. It has become clear the plant hormone ethylene is playing an important role in the development of female flowers. When genetically female cannabis plants are treated with an ethylene inhibitor, they will produce male flowers, but the molecular mechanism underlying this sex determination switch remains unclear.

Through molecular and morphological analysis, my research seeks to uncover ethylene’s role in C. sativa’s sex determination system. Eventually, my team aims to use these findings to develop a reliable, easy-to-use method to identify and remove male-producing plants to reduce waste and improve yield in a commercial environment

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Maybe this is more appropriate, whilst there aren't any results published yet I think puts a fair and unbiased view on the subject by somebody who is trying to find out what causes them and how they may be identified for commercial growers in the future

produce male flowers, but the molecular mechanism underlying this sex determination switch remains unclear.

what is that pasted from ?

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
You keep harping on about Old Fox saying it’s the growers fault,
but looking at the post where he said that ,,it is clear he said it in jest with a Lol,and even put up a winking emoji,,
but you keep going back to what he said as if he was serious.

this is the post taken from Gaza’s thread.
IMG_2035.png
a wink emoji obviously said as a joke ,,
How much comprehension do you lack to not see that ?

Fact is with feminised and regular seeds you can get hermies and
often one grower will get them while another more experienced grower doesn’t from the same strain .
which infers the environment caused the stress.
And to me that is a reasonable assumption..especially with most breeder seeds,,,,,and proven with clones run in different environments.

That sad reality must be attributed to grow environment ,as some plants are more susceptible to the stresses ,whichever they may be,,that trigger hermaphroditism.

As for our in-house chucks ,,and in particular Orbs plant going hermi (,because after all ,this Is his thread). Who can really say why his went hermi and mine didn’t ,,
Was his environment not up to par?
Or because the cross had an unstable parent ?
Could be one or the other.

.it's all guess work, and might possibly be both reasons but we don’t know 100% ,

it is my cross and I’m happy to say/guess ,,it is probably coz of the parents unstable genetics,,which of course can happen with
feminised or regular pollen chucks ,,

anyway getting back to what started todays shitfight.

Again another members grow thread has been hijacked
over what amounts to nothing but petty bickering.
It was obvious what Old Fox said was not to be taken seriously and I think you owe Orb an apology for fucking up his thread instead of taking it to the argument thread.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID

This is getting even better , old fox used a grow blog run and created by a grow shop in Spain.as unequivocal proof he was correct

Imo nothing else needs to be said , might want to check his source before you go all in
Yeah that blog is utter garbage! 27c will send ya plants hermie fuck me what a load of shit!!
They fucking Spanish the exact same fucking country that's piss poor breeding riddled the industry with hermies when most of the major seed companies took their breeding from Holland to Spain around 2018 2019!
I've been saying this the whole time!!
Go back though multiple forms and hermies were barely heard of before this!!

med180

Curing
Community Member
User ID
No where does it say 27° turns your plants hermie! Simply says temps higher than that INCREASE your chances of herms. Which is the same info given by all major breeders.

Stress, that highly increases the risk of hermaphroditism, may have several causes, such as:

• Changes in the photoperiod, specially interruptions of the dark period during flowering
  • Too much heat (>27°C aproximately), wrong environmental conditions
Stop misquoting shit to suit your narrative!

Love to grow

Foot man
User ID
When I first joined this forum I started a thread called check ya timers cause I didn’t and my dog had knocked the table all the power boards were on causing a bottle to knock 1 pin down unlucky and complacency on my part I was growing an old school GDP cut at the time I’d run the same clones off the same mum 4-5 times always beautiful big sticky buds never hermed well apparently 15 mins of light in the middle of the dark from week 5 onwards sure enough narners everywhere now they were grown to completion plenty of times by me and others no problems so what caused it to herm? Stress from interrupted light cycle so I’m in the camp of stress can def herm a plant out cause it’s happened to me personnel experience means everything cause you can c it with your own eyes?👍

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
No where does it say 27° turns your plants hermie! Simply says temps higher than that INCREASE your chances of herms. Which is the same info given by all major breeders.

Stress, that highly increases the risk of hermaphroditism, may have several causes, such as:

• Changes in the photoperiod, specially interruptions of the dark period during flowering
  • Too much heat (>27°C aproximately), wrong environmental conditions
Stop misquoting shit to suit your narrative!
What I'm trying to say is breeders are using these disclaimers because there breeding is rubbish and they want to cover their asrse whenever their plants hermie! If over 27c is likely to hermie a strain I say that strain is unstable shit! Wouldn't be real good for Australia would it?

med180

Curing
Community Member
User ID
It's just not black and white, it just says higher temps increase the risk, I too think 30+ is fine so long as everything else is good but a perfect combination of small things add up to triggering weaker specimens. That's why you can have 5 of one strain yet only trigger the weaker of the sisters and have one turn hermie and the others of same strain all fine, there are different tolerance between related individuals as well as strains

Top Bottom