The hermaphrodite thread!

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
I have read several first hand accounts but can find no real studies that sometimes a seed plant that threw nannas late in flower sometimes will not in the following cloned generations. Something I might test out myself if I come across a good candidate.
I've seen a few online examples of a clone turning hermie, but the mother plant and all other clones are stable. The only thing that's different is the environment, as the genetics are identical.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Madmick

Baked
User ID
Yes, as almost all cannabis strains carry the hermie gene. But a plant with the existing gene won't necessarily exhibit a hermie unless it's stressed. A cutting from a mother plant can yield perfectly fine/stable in one environment, yet hermie in another more stressful environment.
Fuck me , you've got no understanding of the post you tried to use as proof
Now explain it to you
5 to 10% of the feminised seeds hermied , stress or no stress
It certainly does say the other 90% of feminised seeds hermie because of stress
It means quite the opposite, out of the samples taken 5 to 10 % hermied the other 90% did not
Do you understand,
A quote from a article posted April 23
"Some cannabis strains tend to go hermaphroditic as a result of their natural genetic inheritance. Other strains that become hermaphrodite are victims of breeding errors that introduced hermie tendencies into the strain. Unnatural types of seed manipulation can create hermaphrodite tendencies.6 Apr 2023"

Go back and read that copy n paste and actually understand what was said

Honestly you're looking sillier by the minute

Madmick

Baked
User ID
History of Gorilla Glue

Origin and Genetics

Gorilla Glue #4 is an Indica-dominant hybrid strain (60% Indica and 40% Sativa) that was created by Joesy Whales. Its parent strains are Chem's Sister, Sour Dubb, and Chocolate Diesel. In fact, Gorilla Glue seeds were originally created by accidental pollination from a hermaphrodite plant.21 Dec 2022

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Fuck me , you've got no understanding of the post you tried to use as proof
Now explain it to you
5 to 10% of the feminised seeds hermied , stress or no stress
It certainly does say the other 90% of feminised seeds hermie because of stress
It means quite the opposite, out of the samples taken 5 to 10 % hermied the other 90% did not
Do you understand,
A quote from a article posted April 23
"Some cannabis strains tend to go hermaphroditic as a result of their natural genetic inheritance. Other strains that become hermaphrodite are victims of breeding errors that introduced hermie tendencies into the strain. Unnatural types of seed manipulation can create hermaphrodite tendencies.6 Apr 2023"

Go back and read that copy n paste and actually understand what was said

Honestly you're looking sillier by the minute
I'm not going to interpret for you again. The entire grow was done under controlled optimal commercial grow conditions. Like you I can cut and paste all day, cherry picking relevant parts for you to misinterpret. Enjoy your hermie garden. I'll keep my flower room as stress free as I can.

Madmick

Baked
User ID
You're such a tool , the odd hermie in my garden is genetic pure and simple unless you can prove otherwise

Oddly enough they both came from , you said let the punters decide, well what happened the punters started to find nannas
I'll give you a simple opportunity to go back through my grows and find any evidence to back up your claims
As a matter of fact , go back and tell Sun Ra he fucked up and when a few of the others did to , share your knowledge of exactly where they " turned their plants hermie:"
Honestly you're so full of yourself you just can't concede the fact some of the phenos from your chucks grew nannas

Tell us all what exactly what made you think round up hermied your plants , also the flap incident , not oh it must of been that rubbish,

I do not see any warning when ppl apply lst , hst bending stems etc Waiver , this may cause your plants to hermie

Your basic lack of understanding why your plants hermied lead you to conclusions, that were ridiculous
But of there had to be a reason , surely it wasn't your environment, which by the way must be far superior to anybody else's here remember YOU don't get hermies

Also what intriges me is why all the " punters " who've had hermies from the testers that seemingly came out of the woodwork haven't chimed in to put their hand up and say

Yeah I totally fucked up and turned my plant to hermie

Quite the opposite , compliments all round , until they threw some nannas

If the grows were so bad why didn't you say hey , you've got problems, i think you're going to make them hermie , but nobody did not even you oh great one had anything but accolades for the OPs

They were all good till they weren't

Now are they testers that may hermie or are they stabilised feminised strains ?

Or was the tester part merely to do with quality, smoke wise , of the offspring

To be honest i thought that was the one thing you could guarantee, well i took that as a given and i had no complaints there

So what were you testing, the ability of comp winners to grow your seeds without them herming them ?

If they are true testers I'd want to know if they hermied or not so I could disregard them in the future

Certainly not go out of my way to discredit the growers

Go find that evidence, most of my grows since the site started are here, happy hunting

I got you on ignore when ill send this , when I need another laugh I'll look you up

In the meantime least you can do is let all the "punters" know what or where they fucked up so they don't turn their "testers" to hermie

Madmick

Baked
User ID
I'm not going to interpret for you again. The entire grow was done under controlled optimal commercial grow conditions. Like you I can cut and paste all day, cherry picking relevant parts for you to misinterpret. Enjoy your hermie garden. I'll keep my flower room as stress free as I can.
Sorry 1 more thing, you are that silly

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
You're such a tool , the odd hermie in my garden is genetic pure and simple unless you can prove otherwise

Oddly enough they both came from , you said let the punters decide, well what happened the punters started to find nannas
I'll give you a simple opportunity to go back through my grows and find any evidence to back up your claims
As a matter of fact , go back and tell Sun Ra he fucked up and when a few of the others did to , share your knowledge of exactly where they " turned their plants hermie:"
Honestly you're so full of yourself you just can't concede the fact some of the phenos from your chucks grew nannas

Tell us all what exactly what made you think round up hermied your plants , also the flap incident , not oh it must of been that rubbish,

I do not see any warning when ppl apply lst , hst bending stems etc Waiver , this may cause your plants to hermie

Your basic lack of understanding why your plants hermied lead you to conclusions, that were ridiculous
But of there had to be a reason , surely it wasn't your environment, which by the way must be far superior to anybody else's here remember YOU don't get hermies

Also what intriges me is why all the " punters " who've had hermies from the testers that seemingly came out of the woodwork haven't chimed in to put their hand up and say

Yeah I totally fucked up and turned my plant to hermie

Quite the opposite , compliments all round , until they threw some nannas

If the grows were so bad why didn't you say hey , you've got problems, i think you're going to make them hermie , but nobody did not even you oh great one had anything but accolades for the OPs

They were all good till they weren't

Now are they testers that may hermie or are they stabilised feminised strains ?

Or was the tester part merely to do with quality, smoke wise , of the offspring

To be honest i thought that was the one thing you could guarantee, well i took that as a given and i had no complaints there

So what were you testing, the ability of comp winners to grow your seeds without them herming them ?

If they are true testers I'd want to know if they hermied or not so I could disregard them in the future

Certainly not go out of my way to discredit the growers

Go find that evidence, most of my grows since the site started are here, happy hunting

I got you on ignore when ill send this , when I need another laugh I'll look you up

In the meantime least you can do is let all the "punters" know what or where they fucked up so they don't turn their "testers" to hermie
You're seriously delusional. You're losing your mind. Pathetic really.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
You're seriously delusional. You're losing your mind. Pathetic really.
Sorry but it's you that's delusional!! You have been proven wrong but won't admit it! It's just that simple!
Give it up Mic it's not worth the effort!
More pics will expose more hermies! But it will always be grower error! 🤔
Round-up sent me plants hermie is enough to expose that he's got no idea!
At the end of the day if shit is going hermie that easily it's shit!!

Madmick

Baked
User ID
Won't be long and he'll and there'll be a site in reddit

Classic threads on TSE

Won't be me I banned

Madmick

Baked
User ID
I assune you're still there
Answer me 1 question

Will 100% of feminised or regular plants in flower grow nannas if enough stress is involved
I'm thinking your theory is yes
I'll un ignore you just for your reply

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Sorry but it's you that's delusional!! You have been proven wrong but won't admit it! It's just that simple!
Give it up Mic it's not worth the effort!
More pics will expose more hermies! But it will always be grower error! 🤔
Round-up sent me plants hermie is enough to expose that he's got no idea!
At the end of the day if shit is going hermie that easily it's shit!!
Dumb and dumber. Lol. Most of my chucks have already been grown out clean by plenty of TSE ( generally satisfied) punters. But I should thank you and Mick for your feedback . I'll add it to the growing pile of overwhelmingly positive feedback, and solid yield results ( from my chucks) Ive seen on TSE so far. Sorry to hear your experience doesn't align with most of the other TSE grower experiences. But if you two whingeing loud mouths think you somehow speak for the majority who have tried my seeds, then yes . you're both CLEARLY fucking delusional. 🤣 I don't give a rats arse what you think. You're both completely WRONG again

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Dumb and dumber. Lol. Most of my chucks have already been grown out clean by plenty of TSE ( generally satisfied) punters. But I should thank you and Mick for your feedback . I'll add it to the growing pile of overwhelmingly positive feedback, and solid yield results ( from my chucks) Ive seen on TSE so far. Sorry to hear your experience doesn't align with most of the other TSE grower experiences. But if you two whingeing loud mouths think you somehow speak for the majority who have tried my seeds, then yes . you're both CLEARLY fucking delusional. 🤣 I don't give a rats arse what you think. You're both completely WRONG again
And, there's just as many good yields from the other pollen chuckers on TSE....not just mine. I've tried 6 strains so far, from other chuckers, and very happy with the results. You two loud mouths bozos don't have a fucken clue what's going on. Shut the fuck up you're just a NOISY MINORITY.

Love to grow

Foot man
User ID
Anyone on here expecting fully stabilised feminised seed from here are kidding themselves they are pollen chucks pure and simple reputable breeders pheno hunt through thousands of seeds back crossing to the strongest along the way or selfing the best cuts then growing out for generations the home grower just doesn’t have the space to do it properly but admittedly we still get some killer phenos out of the chucks on here but to c a herm every now n again should suprise no 1 the seeds are won so pretty much free well not anymore they are grow at own risk believe it or not if ya want quality genetics find a reputable breeder and pay 15-20$ a seed my seed collection has been fucked my fridge was unplugged in the shed so cooked em then thermo went out so froze em life long collection gonski so I’m happily growing a few of sedges x atm but if they herm I’m not gunna rant n rave I’d just rip em out n move on Fkn rambling I am😂 I think it’s a good thing all the chuckers are doing by donating their wares in the first place so kudos all of yas I’d like to say I’ve seen micks garden lately and nothing stressing in there that’s for sure so if anything herms it’s not his fault but is it the fault of the chucker nope it just is what it is no 1 will win this argument it will just go round n round? There’s my 2 bobs worth👍

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Round-up = Hermie 🤣
It's on OS ya said. No it's not! 🤔
Enough said!! Your the master breeder!

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Round-up = Hermie 🤣
It's on OS ya said. No it's not! 🤔
Enough said!! Your the master breeder!
You've stupidly said that a few times about Round up. What makes you think Round up run-off can't stress an outdoor plant enough to throw balls? Do you have some evidence to dispute my experience?

Madmick

Baked
User ID
And, there's just as many good yields from the other pollen chuckers on TSE....not just mine. I've tried 6 strains so far, from other chuckers, and very happy with the results. You two loud mouths bozos don't have a fucken clue what's going on. Shut the fuck up you're just a NOISY MINORITY.
Mate answer the question
Can stress cause 100% of plants to hermie

Simple yes or no ?

Or I got no idea

Simple question

Madmick

Baked
User ID
As we mentioned before, it is very important to carefully check our plants for male flowers from the beginning of flowering. During the flowering period, these male flowers are easily observed due to their yellow colour and banana shape. We will also check for mites or insects, as well as molds, so we avoid the most common cannabis pests .

If a plant shows male and female flowers from the beginning of flowering, unfortunately we will have to eliminate it immediately from the growing space. Otherwise, it could pollinate the entire crop, transmitting the hermaphrodite trait to the offspring.

When the plant becomes hermaphrodite at full flowering, we have 2 options:

• If the plant only produces few male flowers, we can remove them with a pair of tweezers (sterilized with alcohol), spraying water on them - water sterilizes pollen - and then watching for new bananas.
  • If the plant produces numerous male flowers, we should eliminate it from the growing space.

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Would be handy to quote sources if you are going to copy and paste info.

In this case, the information has come from a Spanish grow shop/ seed bank. Alchimiaweb.com

Whilst I wouldn't consider a seed bank to be the most reliable source of info on the topic, I do find it odd that you didn't copy and include the preceding information on the same page, copied below. Particularly when you are suggesting others are only including/excluding information that supports their own theories.

Interestingly they suggest that it is a natural feature of the plant, so I would take that to answer your previous post as a yes, stress could cause any Cannabis plant to herm? It literally says it in the article you are linking part of in your last post?

What is a hermaphrodite marijuana plant?​

Hermaphrodite marijuana plants develop both male and female flowers. While it is a natural feature of the cannabis plant, it is an undesired trait when growing marijuana for consumption, since there is a great chance to obtain a plant full of seeds, what seriously reduces the quantity and quality of the final product.

Hermaphroditism can have 2 origins: genetic and environmental.

Genetically, some marijuana strains are more sensitive to hermaphroditism than others. This can be explained by the genetic origins of the strain - Thai sativas, for example, usually reach a high percentage of hermaphrodite plants - or also by the technique used when producing seeds (GA3,...).

Regardless its genetic sensitivity, a marijuana plant can also become hermaphrodite by the influence of stress. When it feels that the flowering conditions are too hard, hermaphroditism is an effective and natural way to shorten this period, pollinating its female flowers with the pollen of a few male clusters (usually called "bananas").

Stress, that highly increases the risk of hermaphroditism, may have several causes, such as:

• Changes in the photoperiod, specially interruptions of the dark period during flowering
  • Too much heat (>27°C aproximately), wrong environmental conditions
  • Harvesting too late, when the grower misses the deadline for harvesting his/her plants
  • Mechanical stress: broken branches, damaged roots, pruning during flowering,...
  • Irrigation issues (lack or excess)
  • Over-fertilisation
  • Insects, mites, diseases…
  • Thermal stress (irrigating plants with cold water…)
  • Use of phytotoxic products (pesticides, fungicides...)

Source: https://www.alchimiaweb.com/blogen/marijuana-hermaphroditism/

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Well there u go, if i learned one thing from this entertaining tet et tet between u fine gentlemen is the fact water sterilizes pollen
I would also like 2 add since i opened my big gob that i've grown out 7 diff strains from Reynard the Fox and 9 or 10 from Sedge seeds and never seen a nana {touch wood}
Now i don't really know what i'm doing with photoperiod plants compared 2 a lot of u and my best pics are my feet, i've overwatered, underwatered and not watered also started some in 33 deg heat and still pulled through
Don't know if this is a win 4 the angry one or good genetics but never been dissapointed with local stuff
All the above mentioned by B.G iv'e done and still got away with no hermans
What does this mean ? .........i'm farked if i know but u've both got valid arguments
I salute all of u

Top Bottom