THC Tincture

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I seem 2 remember coping copious amounts of flack when divulging you wack ure finished product out in sun 4 couple of hrs 2 dissolve chlorophyl and green tinge and give mixture a smoother context
Sunlight degrades trichomes and t.h.c, i was told, all in all a bad idea

Does anyone still think this is a valid point in not doing it?

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Pedro de pacas

FIGJAM - Artisan of Bullshit.
User ID
Red Dragon oil

I prefer the chlorophyll gone before I make oil, tastes lots better, smoking, drinking or straight of the pick

same as making hash

Hudo

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I seem 2 remember coping copious amounts of flack when divulging you wack ure finished product out in sun 4 couple of hrs 2 dissolve chlorophyl and green tinge and give mixture a smoother context
Sunlight degrades trichomes and t.h.c, i was told, all in all a bad idea

Does anyone still think this is a valid point in not doing it
Hmm if that were the case all the outdoor weed would have no THC 😆

Pedro de pacas

FIGJAM - Artisan of Bullshit.
User ID
It won't degrade it in glass I wouldn't think

Maybe one of the rocket scientists on here might know the answer ?

Madmick

Baked
User ID
Acts differently In light once dry , don't think it would make any difference in solutions though

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Where were u guys when i needed back-up 3 yrs ago

GOT SHOT DOWN IN FLAMES

After couple of hrs in sun, mixture would turn bronzy red

Wargul

Vegetating
User ID
Where were u guys when i needed back-up 3 yrs ago

GOT SHOT DOWN IN FLAMES

After couple of hrs in sun, mixture would turn bronzy red

I read a bit of debate about sun exposure but went ahead and did it anyway. Given the potency of my finished product, I really can't believe there was any degredation of THC. There is so much folk-law involved in all this. Bronzy-red is a good description of my solutions. I never get anything close to "honey". I also prefer the chlorophyll gone - it tastes bad enough as it is.

Wargul

Vegetating
User ID
I got a "still spirits" air still but it doesn't cut out early enough, so the oil gets cooked. Makes good vodka instead.
I say this just so people can be wary of the "still spirits" brand air still. It isn't a good device for solvent recovery, so research before you buy (unlike me).

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Ok so I have some 99% iso. Now I have a few jars of trim and popcorn in the freezer. But they were fresh not decarbed. @afghan bob is that going to change the steps?

Can I pour in iso and let them soak in the freezer as they are?

Going to use a slow cooker to evaporate the nasties out of the isopropyl wash.
G'day Aye, just wondering how u went mate
Never tried it with fresh bud so interested 2 see your results

Hudo

Baked
Community Member
User ID
If your making iso wax to dab no need to decarb and if material and iso have both been in freezer overnight you shouldn't pull to much chlorophyll being fresh not dry, but for a tincture it needs to be decarbed unless the finished product you want is THCA.Unless you reduce at a high enough heat to decarb which I doubt you can do without blowing your face off it won't be psycho active

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
Haven’t started yet.
I have a few jars of various strains. Think the iso wax that Hudo mentioned sounds like the option though.
I have enough buds dried that I can decarb and make tincture with.
I remember freezing popcorn buds for bubble hash too but haven’t got the screen bags yet.

Hudo

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Haven’t started yet.
I have a few jars of various strains. Think the iso wax that Hudo mentioned sounds like the option though.
I have enough buds dried that I can decarb and make tincture with.
I remember freezing popcorn buds for bubble hash too but haven’t got the screen bags yet.
Do a quick wash iso wax just rinse it for about 45 seconds in the iso and that will give you the A grade it will be lighter colour potent and yummy then freez it again and do a second wash for about 2 -3 minutes if it starts to pull to much colour before this time stop and quickly strain it this will be potent to but not as good or as clean tasting as the first 😀

R3za92

Baked
User ID
I got a "still spirits" air still but it doesn't cut out early enough, so the oil gets cooked. Makes good vodka instead.
Air stills don’t make good vodka. They’re trash for that.

Just pay more attention and don’t burn it.

Wargul

Vegetating
User ID
Air stills don’t make good vodka. They’re trash for that.

Just pay more attention and don’t burn it.

Some air stills will cut out when the temp gets high rather than just boiling dry. I've not used one but I have seen them on video demos. That's why I say - do your research. Sure you can sit on the Still Spirits unit and check the levels but you have to open the unit to do so. If you open it when very hot the sealing rubber tends to unseat - or at least mine does (only when recovering solvent, not distilling a wash for some reason). It is a pain in the arse and not worth the potential gain in my opinion. I tried mine enough times before I gave up on it.

I find, with the right wash and great water, the vodka is good. But again, that is only my opinion (and that of a few people I keep supplied - I don't drink a lot).

Secretchief

Vegetating
User ID
Do a quick wash iso wax just rinse it for about 45 seconds in the iso and that will give you the A grade it will be lighter colour potent and yummy then freez it again and do a second wash for about 2 -3 minutes if it starts to pull to much colour before this time stop and quickly strain it this will be potent to but not as good or as clean tasting as the first 😀
This is what I used to do. First wash for about 45 sec then filter through mesh and coffee filter. This will be very light gold and you get a bit of hash from the coffee filter. Second wash for 10 min would be much darker but still gold. Then final wash i would just soak overnight (this was black and thin, pretty garbage).
In the end I found butane to give almost as good a product as the first wash and I could have it all over and done with in a few hours because it boiling at room temperature (sit it in cold water to stop it icing up, always boil it at 100 once it's about done to get rid of any butane impurity). Never quite felt comfortable with the bowl of bubbling butane tho.

Hudo

Baked
Community Member
User ID
This is what I used to do. First wash for about 45 sec then filter through mesh and coffee filter. This will be very light gold and you get a bit of hash from the coffee filter. Second wash for 10 min would be much darker but still gold. Then final wash i would just soak overnight (this was black and thin, pretty garbage).
In the end I found butane to give almost as good a product as the first wash and I could have it all over and done with in a few hours because it boiling at room temperature (sit it in cold water to stop it icing up, always boil it at 100 once it's about done to get rid of any butane impurity). Never quite felt comfortable with the bowl of bubbling butane tho.
Vac chamber for the Butane ?

Secretchief

Vegetating
User ID
Vac chamber for the Butane ?
Nope, collect the liquid butane in a metal dish, the. Place the dish in cold water to stop it icing up, once that has finished bubbling just bring the water to boil keep it there until it looks like honey

Hudo

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Nope, collect the liquid butane in a metal dish, the. Place the dish in cold water to stop it icing up, once that has finished bubbling just bring the water to boil keep it there until it looks like honey
This is what I was talking about in the other thread hardly any Aussies have vac chambers and are dabbing poor quality shit in America the legal shops have to get there shit tested to make sure all the residual hydrocarbons have been purged I guarantee if you put your finished product in a vac chamber it will swell up about 20 times the size from the trapped butane then when it settles down it will start bubbling and prob will do for several hours untill it's purged I got mine off ebay for 120 bucks with the pump and silicone mat well worth the purchase for your health and increased flavor of your dabs

Dotts

HPS turncoat
Community Member
User ID
Vac chamber is a must with BHO imo,

I use an electric fry pan under the vac chamber to keep it at right temp, takes abit of practice to dial it in, but perfect once ya get it right.

24hrs at pressure. no bubbles, clean BHO, happy days!

Last edited:
Top Bottom