THC Tincture

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
I’m going to be following this thread closely. I’m keen to try a few different ways. (Freezer alcohol, iso wash, etc)
Once I get the 99% iso I’ll do a run but I’m also keen to see the lazy man way of grain alcohol in a freezer.

@Old fox how much can your mate distill. Would he do it for others?
Yes, mate he would. He's been bitten by the mad professor of home brews ATM. Pm me 👍

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
Ok so I have some 99% iso. Now I have a few jars of trim and popcorn in the freezer. But they were fresh not decarbed. @afghan bob is that going to change the steps?

Can I pour in iso and let them soak in the freezer as they are?

Going to use a slow cooker to evaporate the nasties out of the isopropyl wash.

Madmick

Baked
User ID
Alcohol doesn't freeze until it's approx -111 .7 Celsius -174 f

Your freezer should sit between -17 and -19 c

The only reason you freeze the buds is so the trichs come off easier , no need to freeze iso and weed together

The iso is just a rinse to collect tricks

If you using heat to evaporate iso , you shouldn't need to decarb

If just letting it evaporate alone. You will need to decarb if using orally

Wargul

Vegetating
User ID
Ok so I have some 99% iso. Now I have a few jars of trim and popcorn in the freezer. But they were fresh not decarbed. @afghan bob is that going to change the steps?

Can I pour in iso and let them soak in the freezer as they are?

Going to use a slow cooker to evaporate the nasties out of the isopropyl wash.
You have to decarb at some stage if you want an active ingredient. Iso boils at around 80 degrees C so your solution can't go above that temperature. I don't think that is hot enough to decarb properly. I decarb at the end of the process by holding the oil at 106 - 110 degrees for an hour or two. I use a magnetic stirring hotplate and do about 50 ml at a time. Any less than that is a bit fiddly. I wonder what the other 1% is in your iso?

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Don't forget 2 add some water at the end of boil off
Helps 2 make sure u got rid of iso
Not sure about this de-carb thing, i've never done it but maybe cause i use outdoor hotplate and it does build up a fair boil at the end
Probs better not 2 listen 2 me, lotsa ppl on here know how 2 do it better, hell i don't even use thermometer
As Mic said u only have 2 freeze weed 2 help with trike removal

On total off topic announcement, can u believe someone just got caught with 130 odd kgs of canmna driving unregistered van on Goldy, he shoulda just crashed in it into police station, would of had more luck

Hudo

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I made some experimental unconventional tincture about a month ago .5ml fucked me for 24 hours and had the misses crying wanting me to take her to the hostpital through to accusing me of trying to bump her off then passing out I woke up next morning we both had to call in sick layed on the couch all day fucked and came good about 8pm
I took 2g of BHO put in oven in a shot glass on 220 untill it stopped bubbling then added 5ml of 95% rectified spirit made from sugar cane that I got off ebay so total was about 7ml it was not pleasant it burnt like metho and tasted horrible but the effects were like nothing in my 25 year career of indulging have experienced its been sitting there ever since I'm to scared to touch it

Wargul

Vegetating
User ID
Really , you're giving out advice and you don't know what Pedro just posted

If you've made some you would know exactly what stage that is at
Is that aimed at me??? I asked if it was an infusion - what's the big deal. I have made "some" and it has never been such a light brown... unless infused with other oil. Even my wash is darker than that.

Wargul

Vegetating
User ID
I made some experimental unconventional tincture about a month ago .5ml fucked me for 24 hours and had the misses crying wanting me to take her to the hostpital through to accusing me of trying to bump her off then passing out I woke up next morning we both had to call in sick layed on the couch all day fucked and came good about 8pm
I took 2g of BHO put in oven in a shot glass on 220 untill it stopped bubbling then added 5ml of 95% rectified spirit made from sugar cane that I got off ebay so total was about 7ml it was not pleasant it burnt like metho and tasted horrible but the effects were like nothing in my 25 year career of indulging have experienced its been sitting there ever since I'm to scared to touch it

Yeah, I made oil for medicinal use but it is just too strong to get a small dose. I cut 45 ml with about 100 ml of coconut oil and it is still too strong to get the dose right. Deadly stuff.

Hudo

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Yeah, I made oil for medicinal use but it is just too strong to get a small dose. I cut 45 ml with about 100 ml of coconut oil and it is still too strong to get the dose right. Deadly stuff.
I know without testing centres like the US it's an unknown starting point but I found the experiance funny but the misses diddnt my laughing hysterically while she was crawling cause she couldn't walk begging to go to the hospital didn't go down well 😆

R3za92

Baked
User ID
If you're boiling down in a rice cooker you can make it as strong as you like. My last batch of "oil" (looks like road tar) had resin from 250 grams of bud in the final 200ml of alcohol (isopropyl for me as I was evaporating all of it). The yield was 45/50 ml of oil, so you can achieve as at least 25% concentration (50/200). Just keep washing bud, boiling it down in a rice cooker, then adding it to the store of concentrate. I don't think you need to dilute the mix - you are only going to use a few drops at a time at that strength.
Get an air still and You’ll recover a decent portion of ya iso.

Pedro de pacas

FIGJAM - Artisan of Bullshit.
User ID
Mine is green until I let the sun neutralise the chlorophyl, then dark brown. I do a deep wash though, I think that might be the difference.
That's the colour of mine after running the ISO thru it, would of been taken just after it finished draining

See if I can find a pic of them draining into the glass, be the same colour or lighter

Top Bottom