THC Tincture

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Anyone made THC tincture before ?? I have access to 95% proof alcohol, and looked at a few recipes online. But I'm more interested in info, from anyone who has actually made it. Some recipes mix 750ml alcohol to 1 ounce of flower(decarb) but it's reportedly an intro tolerance dosage. I'm thinking of a stronger brew of 500ml alcohol to 2 ounce of flower, but interested in some real world experiences/tips 😜. I'll be dosing it via mouth. Apparently dropper dosage is sufficient for effects. Seems too easy ?

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Dotts

HPS turncoat
Community Member
User ID
I used 2lt of a mates 96%+ alcohol from his still with about 8oz of decarbed trim n flowers.

Reduced in down to 500ml in a rice cooker.

Would still have to water down to an acceptable level to use subliminally so ya don't burn tf outta ya whole mouth! 😀
20220418_115453.jpg

Wargul

Vegetating
User ID
If you're boiling down in a rice cooker you can make it as strong as you like. My last batch of "oil" (looks like road tar) had resin from 250 grams of bud in the final 200ml of alcohol (isopropyl for me as I was evaporating all of it). The yield was 45/50 ml of oil, so you can achieve as at least 25% concentration (50/200). Just keep washing bud, boiling it down in a rice cooker, then adding it to the store of concentrate. I don't think you need to dilute the mix - you are only going to use a few drops at a time at that strength.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
I used 2lt of a mates 96%+ alcohol from his still with about 8oz of decarbed trim n flowers.

Reduced in down to 500ml in a rice cooker.

Would still have to water down to an acceptable level to use subliminally so ya don't burn tf outta ya whole mouth! 😀
View attachment 23220
Thanks @Dotts , my ratio of 2 Oz to 500 ml, is similar to your ratio of 8oz to 2000ml. Bud will be decarbed, but you mention reducing it down in a rice cooker? The recipes online I've read, advise to put the mixture in a freezer for 14 days- as opposed to heating it? Doesn't sound like we're talking the same process? Oil vs tincture?

pug

Vegetating
User ID
i make cbd tinctures regularly (actually making up a batch today) but use kief instead of flower. i follow p'sams golden kief recipe and it works well and is quite easy - the same procedure is used for cbd or thc. can be made with decarbed or non-decarbed source material - the non-decarbed takes around 3-4 mths before it becomes totally decarbed through the alcohol.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Ok. The process I'm looking at involves freezing( or keeping jar in a freezing environment, as not sure if 95% proof alcohol will freeze?). It's frozen for 14 days, and agitated daily. Strained through a Muslim cloth at day 15, and ready to use. Anyone used this process?

Dotts

HPS turncoat
Community Member
User ID
Ok. The process I'm looking at involves freezing( or keeping jar in a freezing environment, as not sure if 95% proof alcohol will freeze?). It's frozen for 14 days, and agitated daily. Strained through a Muslim cloth at day 15, and ready to use. Anyone used this process?
I do a short wash for tincture, then a long wash with same material for oil to make a salve with coconut oil.

But Yeah same thing, jars, material and alcohol go to freezer before hand for short wash. As for 8oz in 500ml would be alot stronger then your 2oz in 500ml.. I got more bank for my buck in the same amount of fluid.

I don't keep it in the freezer for long wash, give it a shake daily for a week but,then reduce it down to extract all the alcohol, bit more plant waxes n other "contaminates" come out in the long wash, but I'm not bothered as it's used as a salve.

Edit: 95% alcohol would have a freeze point of about -70°C, so no where near what a conventional home freezer could get too.

Last edited:

elsooto

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Pretty sure 'sugar' was doing something like what you are describing with the freezer right around the time she legged it, old fox. It's prob still in one of her diaries?

seeded

Vegetating
User ID
An ex of mine wanted something for her monthly bout of cramps and attitude issues but didn't want to drink or smoke so I decarbed some oil I had previously made up and put it in vegetable glycerine for her. If memory serves it was about 10g of oil to 150ml of VG and all I did was warm the VG on the stove, mix in the oil and then put it in a bottle with a dropper lid for her. I remember trying it and thinking it wasn't so nice to consume but a good lil squirt kicked like a mule so I told her to only have a couple of drops and the sook gave it back because she got too stoned from it and then bitched me out for telling her to only go a single drop then because not wanting to smoke somehow meant not wanting to get stoned altogether. Fucked if I know what she expected from me given I told her straight up what it was, what it would do, etc. and she took it all the same. I swear I'll never understand women lol

I've made up green dragon or whatever the cool kids call it where you soak buds in vodka and then filter it all out before too. Tried it with freshly harvested buds and decarbed buds too. Decarb works immediately but tastes like shit imo. Fresh stuff needs a couple of days sitting in a hot car to decarb and has a much more pleasant taste. No doubt you could do the same with oils or whatever you wanted too.

I also once infused decarbed oil into coconut oil which was alright especially when trying to lose weight. A small bit of that shit melted in the mouth made me feel full as and got me plenty stoned too. It's better suited for cooking imo though and while I never bothered to confirm the result as I was using the last of it at the time I ended up with some all over my hands while drunk as shit trying to make up some brownies and about 20 mins later was completely off tits. If I had a girlfriend atm I'd totally get some made up when my harvest comes in and rub each other down with it to find out for certain though. Worse comes to worse it would no doubt be good for the skin either way.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Pretty sure 'sugar' was doing something like what you are describing with the freezer right around the time she legged it, old fox. It's prob still in one of her diaries?
Thanks Soot, I found the thread. There was a link in that thread to making 'Green Dragon" which is the process I'll be using. No heating/reducing involved. Just freeze and strain. Stuff I'm using is safe to drink ( if drinking straight 95% alcohol is your thing), so there's no need to evaporate anything. 👍

Dotts

HPS turncoat
Community Member
User ID
If your going to use the the Spirytus Rektyfikowany, it is still 95% alcohol and would still be needed to be watered down to consume as a tincture?
,would not be very pleasant under your tongue at 95%

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
If your going to use the the Spirytus Rektyfikowany, it is still 95% alcohol and would still be needed to be watered down to consume as a tincture?
Mate is distilling his own alcohol. He's also into making his own rum, bourbon, scotch, baileys, butterscotch schapps etc, so he plans on a few drops in his drinks, as he's a non smoker. I'll try it undiluted initially, and if unpalatable I'll dilute into bourbon and coke.

pug

Vegetating
User ID
strangely ... it actually tastes really nice undiluted ... after the first few times.

works fast if dropped under the tongue - longer if digested.

burns a little ... again ... just for the first few times. have found, if you leave a little bit of spit under the tongue, it takes a way the sting. otherwise, you can drop it on the top of the tongue (less sensitive) and move it down - that way at least it is easier to count the drops.

fuck just reread that ... i hope it isn't taken out of context ... hehehe

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
strangely ... it actually tastes really nice undiluted ... after the first few times.

works fast if dropped under the tongue - longer if digested.

burns a little ... again ... just for the first few times. have found, if you leave a little bit of spit under the tongue, it takes a way the sting. otherwise, you can drop it on the top of the tongue (less sensitive) and move it down - that way at least it is easier to count the drops.

fuck just reread that ... i hope it isn't taken out of context ... hehehe
Yeah, no risk that @Dotts was ever going to dissuade me from trying it undiluted anyway. 😉 Bourbon at 7am around here is for special occasions only. 🤣 A joint, space cookies and undiluted tincture is a more civilized way to start the morning 🤩

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Yeah buddy as mentioned u wont have hope of freezing alcohol in conventional ma and pa fridge
Don't think it matters as long as in freezer 4 few days
I always use 99% iso and never even seen icycles
I u have access 2 'whispering' other site, think there's a bit of info on there....[green queen and someone else]
Merlin thats right, he makes shit loads of it. He was one of the ppl that set me on my path 2 brain cell degradation and over indulgence of black gold

Last edited:

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Yeah buddy as mentioned u wont have hope of freezing alcohol in conventional ma and pa fridge
Don't think it matters as long as in freezer 4 few days
I always use 99% iso and never even seen icycles
I u have access 2 'whispering' other site, think there's a bit of info on there....[green queen and someone else]
Merlin thats right, he makes shit loads of it. He was one of the ppl that set me on my path 2 brain cell degradation and over indulgence of black gold
You're making oil but hey Bob? So heating/burning the iso off? This frozen/not frozen option sounds too easy in comparison. Perfect for a lazy sloth like me. 😏

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Yeah but put buds and trim in freezer as well, makes it easier 4 trichomes 2 come off plant
U don't have 2 burn iso off if u have a week 2 spare or so it will evaporate but then u have 2 de-carboxulate before hand
Either way as long as ure trikes are frozen i think u have a bigger yield, but yeah can be a pain with all the mashing and straining and i to belong 2 sloth club
Stuff fight club

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
I’m going to be following this thread closely. I’m keen to try a few different ways. (Freezer alcohol, iso wash, etc)
Once I get the 99% iso I’ll do a run but I’m also keen to see the lazy man way of grain alcohol in a freezer.

@Old fox how much can your mate distill. Would he do it for others?

Top Bottom