Spore-tacular Shenanigans

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Orb

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Was it a dry bit of mushroom or fresh that you cloned with? Oh it was fresh looking back at the pics, you'll be good I reckon. Did you spray it with the peroxide to give it a bit of a clean?
I got so annoyed trying to sort the scalpel out that I totally forgot 🤣

terrancefartbubbler

Vegetating
User ID
I’m away for a while and missus just sent me pic below, before I left I told her the cake was probably done but she decided to ‘put it somewhere warm and sprayed water directly on it’ cause she didn’t realise I meant to throw it out

View attachment 46388
Are they more pins coming up under the big one or some type of contam?

Reactions: Orb

Orb

Curing
Community Member
User ID
the cloned shroom is getting close to all sides of the plate so was thinking aside from taking a cut to put into another Agar plate, I’d put this one in the fridge to see if it survives there

E02B89C6-422E-4553-B22E-98950AAEBC98.jpeg

and then I flipped it over but didn’t expect to see the blue turn brown

235272AD-2E76-48AB-9C89-6A7ECCD317A1.jpeg

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID
the cloned shroom is getting close to all sides of the plate so was thinking aside from taking a cut to put into another Agar plate, I’d put this one in the fridge to see if it survives there

View attachment 46607

and then I flipped it over but didn’t expect to see the blue turn brown

View attachment 46608
The mycelium has sucked the food colouring out of the agar orb, lots of mine have done the same. Looking very good, wish mine were that easy

Orb

Curing
Community Member
User ID
The mycelium has sucked the food colouring out of the agar orb, lots of mine have done the same. Looking very good, wish mine were that easy
that’s a bit of a relief to hear Gonnie, thought it might have been contamination

how long do u reckon it can last in the plate if

- it didn’t go into the fridge
- it goes into the fridge (about 4C)

Top Bottom