Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Donothing-garden

Blooming
User ID
Don't see no mention of Cane Farmers

Pointless link unless someone can get behind the paywall

And it's no secret about the science now coming out now about gylphosate. I'm not defending it. It is what it is.

My issue is with dumbarse statements like this that lacks any truth.
My intention was not to trigger anyone. It's one of the most heavily sprayed crops. May as well avoid it in an organic garden.

Reactions: HGO

Donothing-garden

Blooming
User ID
Don't see no mention of Cane Farmers

Pointless link unless someone can get behind the paywall

And it's no secret about the science now coming out now about gylphosate. I'm not defending it. It is what it is.

My issue is with dumbarse statements like this that lacks any truth.
How is it "dumbarse" when that is one of the chemicals that can be used to quickly ripen? There's other chemicals used and far more detail, I just didn't have much time. Not claiming to be some sugarcane farming expert, it's just common practice to chemically ripen. Again, sorry that this has triggered you, just joining a conversation.

Donothing-garden

Blooming
User ID
You're probably right that most Aussie sugarcane farmers naturally ripen their crop, some don't. I guess U just don't know what material ends up in the mulch or compost so caution should be exercised... All I meant to say.

Donothing-garden

Blooming
User ID
Not sure what this means... I'm only suggesting to find a mulch or compost from crops that aren't sprayed or even certified organic

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Yep, i'd imagine that'd be the big players using those practices. The smaller fella's just couldn't maintain the costings.

Pixie

Baked
User ID
I might grab some of the slow release stuff off them I think. Looks like something good to add to the soil mix 👍

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
I’ve noticed in my front yard that has a pine tree, the needles have created a mulch around my pots including a strawberry planter which honestly gets neglected yet the plants haven’t died (though no fruits yet)

Would pine needles work as cannabis mulch indoors?

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
I’ve noticed in my front yard that has a pine tree, the needles have created a mulch around my pots including a strawberry planter which honestly gets neglected yet the plants haven’t died (though no fruits yet)

Would pine needles work as cannabis mulch indoors?
No I'd use em way!! They are full of pine oil!! Wouldn't be good for plants!

Top Bottom