Soil growers advice please

Hudo

Baked
User ID
fuck knows. I'm guessing its just crushed
Copy and paste from wikki
Decomposed granite is rock of granitic origin that has weathered to the point that it readily fractures into smaller pieces of weak rock. Further weathering produces rock that easily crumbles into mixtures of gravel-sized particles, sand, and silt-sized particles with some clay.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Hudo

Baked
User ID
so im assuming by being broken down the plants can use it. fuck me know wonder ive played with hydro so long

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Copy and paste from wikki
Decomposed granite is rock of granitic origin that has weathered to the point that it readily fractures into smaller pieces of weak rock. Further weathering produces rock that easily crumbles into mixtures of gravel-sized particles, sand, and silt-sized particles with some clay.
Fuck sounds like it would turn to paste if ya wet it!!
Don't think id be adding that personally!!
Don't think granite has anything a plant can use either!
Could be wrong about that last bit!

Hudo

Baked
User ID
Just use proper organic dry fertilisers, aim for a balanced blend of amendments that will supply slow and quick release nutrients to your plant over the cycle. Best quality compost you can find and you're good.
yeah part of my personality is for some fucked up reason I have to try make shit myself and usually spend more money than it would of cost to just buy the fucken things lol. I must attempt a version myself otherwise im not satisfied. like the mushrooms I can get em for free off a mate but nooo I had to buy fucking massive pressure canner jars dehydrator and all the other shit just to see if I can do it myself is a fucking disease. its nearly got me divorced many times

Squire

Curing
Community Member
User ID
yeah part of my personality is for some fucked up reason I have to try make shit myself and usually spend more money than it would of cost to just buy the fucken things lol. I must attempt a version myself otherwise im not satisfied. like the mushrooms I can get em for free off a mate but nooo I had to buy fucking massive pressure canner jars dehydrator and all the other shit just to see if I can do it myself is a fucking disease. its nearly got me divorced many times
šŸ¤£ I think I suffer from the same infection

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Fuck i much prefer being a lazy cunt and paying someone else!!

Donothing-garden

Blooming
User ID
Fish meal, insect Frass, soft rock phosphate or phosphorus bat guano, gypsum, lime... Probably all you need in equal amounts mixed into a base mix of peat, aeration and compost. Just start with a small amount, half cup of each at the most per 30L of base mix. Then use that same mix of dry amendments to apply as topdress with a little compost if you need to top up on fertility during the cycle. Don't forget to moisten the whole mix when blended and allow to cook for at least 10 days, turning a couple times to help it break down...

Donothing-garden

Blooming
User ID
Yes, I think most here can relate. Nerding out on this is what's so fun!

Top Bottom