Soil growers advice please

Donothing-garden

Blooming
User ID
Good w
thanks mate ill have a look, my local grow shop stocks your soil I tried to have a dabble last round with 50L I had one cranking in 10 L pot to start with but @Sedge mango cross's took over my room and I couldn't fit it in with a big volume pot so I had to finish in the small pot and fed it coco nutes to get it home
Good work!

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Budbubbla

Vegetating
User ID
I did see the strip mate, I was thinking it would be easy enough to rig up some tarp strips held with bungee cords, the cheapest 3x3 living bed I found in Aus was $200 bucks and about $150 from america without shipping, this would cost $75 shipped.

Donothing-garden

Blooming
User ID
I did see the strip mate, I was thinking it would be easy enough to rig up some tarp strips held with bungee cords, the cheapest 3x3 living bed I found in Aus was $200 bucks and about $150 from america without shipping, this would cost $75 shipped.
You can definitely just use some UV grade wrapping of some kind for sure.

Kee Mao

Baked
User ID
I'm thinking about running the bio in soil
It does take a few minutes vigorous stirring to get the hydro salts to dissolve. I use a small mortar and pestle,give it a grind and then a bit of h2o and another grind. Hot water dissolves it quick but the end color is different,so maybe it makes some chemical changes too?

Hudo

Baked
User ID
It does take a few minutes vigorous stirring to get the hydro salts to dissolve. I use a small mortar and pestle,give it a grind and then a bit of h2o and another grind. Hot water dissolves it quick but the end color is different,so maybe it makes some chemical changes too?
Right. the instructions for the bio is you add it to the soil when you pot. And that's good for 8 weeks top dress if it goes longer. It's looking like I'm going to do a comparison run with 4 clones to see what works best for me. One with Easy As one with a super soil, one with the bio and still undecided on 4th. It will be costly but it's somthing I need to do

Hudo

Baked
User ID
couple more questions. test subject 4 will be a self made concoction? 1 is decomposed granite the same as granite dust? anyone used superfly black fly fertilizer they have as fast and slow product the slow just being pelleted form? and seamungas anyone use that shit cheers

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
couple more questions. test subject 4 will be a self made concoction? 1 is decomposed granite the same as granite dust? anyone used superfly black fly fertilizer they have as fast and slow product the slow just being pelleted form? and seamungas anyone use that shit cheers
Mate uses Seamungus on his big outdoor plants ,,he loves the stuff .
I’ve not seen it used indoors though.

Donothing-garden

Blooming
User ID
Decomposed granite dust... Never heard of that.
The insect frass I sell is Bardee Frass. It's 3.5% N and most other nutrients. High in chitin, beneficial biology in most functional groups. Great slow release fertilizer. Ignore their "slow release" or whatever label because Frass is a naturally slow release fertilizer already.

Pixie

Baked
User ID
Decomposed granite you can throw it on your lawn if you want. Greens your lawn up not sure about using it for the other green stuff.

Hudo

Baked
User ID
Decomposed granite dust... Never heard of that.
The insect frass I sell is Bardee Frass. It's 3.5% N and most other nutrients. High in chitin, beneficial biology in most functional groups. Great slow release fertilizer. Ignore their "slow release" or whatever label because Frass is a naturally slow release fertilizer already.
I was at my local landscaping supply and they had bags labeled decomposed granite. it just looked like dust and particles about half the size of a match head. he said you use it on pathways good old google doesn't come up with much either

Pixie

Baked
User ID
It doesn't it's just crushed granite. I've seen the Rockey point activgrow pellets. Way cheaper than seamungus or dynamic lifter organic stuff and probably wouldn't be any different

Top Bottom