Scott's premium seed and cutting mix

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
These are also in the Scott's seed and cutting mix as well with some dr GT's 4+1 compost, bud and bloom and OGS combo rock dust mixed in at pretty conservative rates this time round (1/3 cup OGS combo dust, 1/2 cup bud/bloom and 5L compost to a 25L bag.).
IMG_20230506_141113.jpg
Tbh, I can't really fault it, but it would be nice if it was available without the osmocote and wetting crystals. It will be interesting to see how it goes with some basic amendments this time. They'll get the same treatment, tap water with the occasional seasol until fade starts on the lowers.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Old Ant

Vegetating
User ID
These are also in the Scott's seed and cutting mix as well with some dr GT's 4+1 compost, bud and bloom and OGS combo rock dust mixed in at pretty conservative rates this time round (1/3 cup OGS combo dust, 1/2 cup bud/bloom and 5L compost to a 25L bag.).
View attachment 34700
Tbh, I can't really fault it, but it would be nice if it was available without the osmocote and wetting crystals. It will be interesting to see how it goes with some basic amendments this time. They'll get the same treatment, tap water with the occasional seasol until fade starts on the lowers.
Hey Vin I must say your ladies look healthy and vigorous regardless of whatever nutrients and medium you are using👍🏼😃

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Hey Vin I must say your ladies look healthy and vigorous regardless of whatever nutrients and medium you are using👍🏼😃
Thank you. I like to use something different every run as it breaks the monotony. Similar but different if you know what I mean. It's no fun if it's all predictable and smooth sailing at the end of the day.

Old Ant

Vegetating
User ID
I would love not to change techniques, light distance, power, nutrient dosage, defoliation etc so much but being a retired perfectionist and a dash of OCD as well being restricted to only a possible two at a time means I have made this a continuously variable learning process that im quite frankly sick of😖
So this time while I have changed the light, medium, same brand ( Canna ) but for coco, defoliation technique I am determined to stick with my meticulous novice instructions until the end😬
Hopefully I can actually learn something this time through consistent, following through of my instructions made up of thousands of articles and forum posts and books of a subject I truly know nothing practically about🤔🧐

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I would love not to change techniques, light distance, power, nutrient dosage, defoliation etc so much but being a retired perfectionist and a dash of OCD as well being restricted to only a possible two at a time means I have made this a continuously variable learning process that im quite frankly sick of😖
So this time while I have changed the light, medium, same brand ( Canna ) but for coco, defoliation technique I am determined to stick with my meticulous novice instructions until the end😬
Hopefully I can actually learn something this time through consistent, following through of my instructions made up of thousands of articles and forum posts and books of a subject I truly know nothing practically about🤔🧐
I know it well my friend. It's hard when your super passionate about something but all you've got is a few plants and limited space.

So many things to learn and try, so little space and resources in my case.

I'd like to think that, if I was given the chance to grow out a decent space, I'd have more growing to do and less dreaming and fiddling. I think it's the curse of having three or four plants, an overactive mind and too much time on my hands.

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
@Old Ant I suppose it's the same with every hobby if you have too much time on your hands. I can't help constantly tweaking voltage, frequency and power tables of the thousand graphics cards I have when the outcome is pretty much the same...playing a game at the end of the day. Once I remove the monitoring overlays theirs no way I could decipher 12mhz clock increase or a 9mv decrease in core voltage while driving a Falcon around the Nurburgring at 270kph.

I'd say it's the same with growing. I probably could remove half of my rituals and not notice a difference in outcome.

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Not a bad effort for a seed/cutting mix tbh. Still on the third feed of bio Flores (3ml/L) so far and decided to skip feed this week as there's a few burned tips showing up as it is.
IMG_20230510_113911.jpgIMG_20230510_112832.jpgIMG_20230510_112720.jpg
Looks like she might drag on a bit considering I'm near 7 weeks since flip and only just seeing the first browned pistils. Last few strains started showing their first round roughly week 4-5.

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Pretty plant
I'll definitely be running a few more for sure. I just popped a haze fem from HGO and have four wizards sleeve put in this morning. I'm tossing up whether I should have thrown a few more black lime freebies in instead. Probably the best spears Ive had with under four weeks veg.

Squire

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Not a bad effort for a seed/cutting mix tbh. Still on the third feed of bio Flores (3ml/L) so far and decided to skip feed this week as there's a few burned tips showing up as it is.
View attachment 34849View attachment 34850View attachment 34851
Looks like she might drag on a bit considering I'm near 7 weeks since flip and only just seeing the first browned pistils. Last few strains started showing their first round roughly week 4-5.
those colas :unsure: look just like my Gelato

Squire

Curing
Community Member
User ID
I know it well my friend. It's hard when your super passionate about something but all you've got is a few plants and limited space.

So many things to learn and try, so little space and resources in my case.

I'd like to think that, if I was given the chance to grow out a decent space, I'd have more growing to do and less dreaming and fiddling. I think it's the curse of having three or four plants, an overactive mind and too much time on my hands.
Oh I am with you there . I reckon I would need 8 tents at least to do some serious experiments

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I saw you had some issues with mould, condolences. It happens to the best of us. I had to pull a Chem around day 45 a few months ago due to mould taking off. The last diesel also popped a bit on the two highest colas last run. Luckily I got 77 days flower, it it's still a bummer.

You've done well for a first timer though. Far better than most. If that's your first effort, your on a far better track than I was.
Oh I am with you there . I reckon I would need 8 tents at least to do some serious experiments

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Got a wee bit of purple starting to come out on the sugar leaves. Haven't fed for nearly a fortnight so the mix is going far better than expected. Three feeds all up over 11ish weeks. Judging by the tips I might just let it go on tap water now until it starts to fade again.
IMG_20230512_132058.jpg
The destroyer testers from Gaz going well in the same mix with some compost and OGS rock dust. The one on the right is a bit temperamental, but the smaller on on the left is completely unphased by watering frequency, just always praying. The other seems to be drying out on the top half way quicker, but the bottom stays moist and soft. I'd say I have overwatered after transplant and the roots haven't had to dig.
IMG_20230512_130158.jpg

Last edited:

Squire

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Got a wee bit of purple starting to come out on the sugar leaves. Haven't fed for nearly a fortnight so the mix is going far better than expected. Three feeds all up over 11ish weeks. Judging by the tips I might just let it go on tap water now until it starts to fade again.
View attachment 34937
The destroyer testers from Gaz going well in the same mix with some compost and OGS rock dust. The one on the right is a bit temperamental, but the smaller on on the left is completely unphased by watering frequency, just always praying. The other seems to be drying out on the top half way quicker, but the bottom stays moist and soft. I'd say I have overwatered after transplant and the roots haven't had to dig.
View attachment 34936
Thanks for the comments . Looking good there Vin nice top on that one guess it wont be too much longer . They all drink different. Never seems to surprise me how two plants the same type drink so different.

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Few cola shots. My estimate for time has been all over the place lol..popped out medium 27th Feb, flipped on the 24th of March so not as far along as I assumed.
IMG_20230514_083132.jpgIMG_20230515_214447.jpgIMG_20230515_174608.jpgIMG_20230515_214406.jpg
I was a little hasty complaining about the mixes feed capacity (went around 7 weeks on water) earlier on, afterall it is a cheap seed and cutting mix. To get this far off three feeds of bio Flores (so far 27ml of bio Flores and a top dress of compost/frass/rock dust a few weeks ago).

I'm questioning whether I'll go back to cooking living soils. I might just stick to this as a base with some amendments if the destroyers turn out well (same mix, added compost, insect frass, rock dust, malted barley and kelp meal).

This is one of the better results I have had in potting mix tbh, and I've used greenthumbs greenspace, turbo dirt water only (only lasted a week more than this seed and cutting mix on water) and a few premium mixes from rocky point and Searles.

That could all be due to habitual changes and strain differences though, as the greenspace and turbo dirt should be far better than a $12 bunnos seeding mix..

Last edited:

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
View attachment 34700
How do you rate the 4 in 1 compost mix.
Worth it for the price/volume.

I was considering grabbing a bag? But then my local landscaping place has 3 bags for $20 and can mix up the bags of mushroom/cow/chicken

Top Bottom