Medical Cannabis product reviews

jezza03

Germinating
User ID
What temperature do you blokes normally vape at and what is the difference between low and high

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Probably come down to a couple of factors. First being, the unit itself. And the individuals preference to when they think they've got the most out of their weed. Some folks prefer it less/lighter than others. Myself, at times it's not quite coffee bean brown when i'm done with it. So i have my vapes settings and methods as listed below..

Arizer Extreme Q : Using the Bag method. Probably fill the bowl with about 0.3-0.5grams. Turn unit on and wait for it to heat up to 195c, then use the fastest fan speed (F3) until the bag fills, then into it whilst giving the bowl a bit of a stir as so to vape all the weed evenly. Usually get 3 to 4 bags out of each bowl.

S&B Mighty+ : using the refillable aluminum capsules. I'll either get 8 to 9 capsules to a gram of weed. And drop one into the chamber of the Mighty, bung the lid on. Then turn it on and wait for it to heat up to 200c before getting into it. I'll usually get 2-3 good tokes before i give the power button a "double tap" to initiate the maximum temperature option which then max's it to 210c, to which i'll get one last good toke out of it before its spent.

But yeah, must factor in that I'm at the high end of temps and like mine burnt to a crisp.

junglelover

Vegetating
User ID
All medical cannabis has been irradtiated. From what I have read, it to some degree, decarbs the bud & changes terpes 🤷‍♂️

"The effect of cannabis dry flower irradiation on the level of cannabinoids, terpenes and anti-cancer properties of the extracts"

Conclusions :

Our experiments demonstrated that irradiation of cannabis flowers changes the amount of active ingredients in the extract and anti-proliferative properties of such extracts. Specifically, we showed we that irradiation resulted in significant increase in the level of THC in 3 out of 4 tested cultivars as well as changes in several terpenes, including alpha-bisabolol, linalool and alpha-pinene. Analysis of the anti-proliferative effect of extracts using several cancer cells also revealed

This might be of interest to you guys :

Controlling Terpenes and Cannabinoids in Flower and Extract

Mellow oldfark

Trichome Enthusiast
User ID
with big pharmas history of skullduggary i find it hard to believe "anything" they waffle on about.😣sorrry JL.🤗maybe this is to do with strange smells coming from said cannisters.
Ive notticed my medical a lot different to any home grown in bouquet.
But after months of intensive comparison🙄 id have to say my home grown is every bit as good and better than average med gear.
Med gear holds a better bouquet with their sealing/ packaging tech.
But it cant match the months of home cure.
This is where the difference is apparent.😎

Last edited:

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
with big pharmas history of skullduggary i find it hard to believe "anything" they waffle on about.😣sorrry JL.🤗maybe this is to do with strange smells coming from said cannisters.
But after months of intensive comparison🙄 id have to say my home grown is every bit as good and better than average med gear.
Fuck they would be spraying who knows what all over the plants from an early age to prevent pathogens and insects!!
I've seen mates med stuff that's looked and smelled great but other med stuff that looks and smells like Asian pgr garbage!!
Be just like the states the tga or whatever unless cunts are in change in Australia would inspect the facility on opening then test some buds every 2 or 3 months but other that that there would be no quality control or oversight whatsoever!!

This a profit driven industry not one to help people! How ever and whatever they need to do to maximise the operations profit will be done at the expense of the grows quality!!
They don't give 2 fucks about what they are selling you as long as your paying!!

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Be nice to see med independently tested
Would be very interesting.🤓
I reckon the companies behind med canna will slowly over time lobby the government to tell the TGA that they need to ease the quality restrictions on it and the quality will plumet but prices will remain!

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
It certainly something that needs to be watched carefully.🔬
The only way the prices will go down is if it's legalised for rec use and the competition to pharma will come from retail shops like in the states!!
Pharma will be spending big dollars lobbying the government to stop complete legalisation as it will destroy their investments!!
So we know they won't drop prices so what is the only other way to increase profits is for quality to decline which is what happens with most capitalism businesses models that centre on endless growth and profits!!
Fuck medical cannabis I say I hope what I said happens and the medical cannabis industry collapses!!

Orb

Curing
Community Member
User ID
My two cents.

Haven’t tried the medical buds (decided to invest in kit instead) but have tried two oils - Tilray CBD (can’t remember spec) which doesn’t give any buzz cause no THC and found it did fuck all to help anxiety/stress from long work hours.

Then tried Tilray 25/25 CBD/THC - took 2ml dose (double what doc said) which I felt for couple of hours first time (it’d been maybe a month since I’d smoked weed) and fuck all next night. Upped dosage to 4ml and felt ok buzz but not baked. Way too expensive at almost $10 per ml.

My rating 2/10

That being said, missus had her hip replaced in January and gave her 1ml to help sleep one evening and she was really buzzing maybe two hours before bed and slept great till she woke up in pain around 6am (same pain as every morning).

missus rating 9.5/10 (she didn’t love the taste + she didn’t have to pay for it)

Attachments

• B0826D39-1B2E-480D-9AC1-C108279C33C7.jpeg
    B0826D39-1B2E-480D-9AC1-C108279C33C7.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 7

HGO

Plant of the Month - Sep,2020.
Community Member
User ID
I'm puffing on some of the Opal White widow from Tasmanian botanics
very satisfying and piney as all fuck (y)

Indy

Misfit
User ID
I noticed on the bottle it states total THC of 26.4%. But that consists of both THC and THCA, and if I have my facts right THCA won't get you stoned. That's why weed is decarb'd for edibles, to turn THCA to THC.

So I'm guessing, depending on the ratio of the two combined (excluding CBD). May determine to how stoned you may feel.

But yeah, I could be wrong with that.

Orb

Curing
Community Member
User ID
I noticed on the bottle it states total THC of 26.4%. But that consists of both THC and THCA, and if I have my facts right THCA won't get you stoned. That's why weed is decarb'd for edibles, to turn THCA to THC.

So I'm guessing, depending on the ratio of the two combined (excluding CBD). May determine to how stoned you may feel.

But yeah, I could be wrong with that.
Thanks for the insight Indy but smoking dope for 30 years now and the more i read on TSE, the more I realise how much of a DC I am.

It even took me a couple of weeks to figure out what DC stood for 😂

User ID
Ive also noticed my own home grown being better in some factors over the med stuff

Almost all the people I've given my stuff to say the high last longer and the smoke is smoother, But the medical stuff is stronger and the high is shorter. 🤷‍♂️

Kerba

Germinating
User ID
I spent six months travelling last year and got to meet plenty of crew using MM. More out there than you realise these days.
I had a lot of sessions with them, sharing their MM and my homegrown. Without pulling my chain, in every instance my bud was better. Higher stone, longer duration and better head feel. For the price and quality of MM, people are getting ripped.
My own CBD and THC oils were superior too, not that I came across too many crew with prescription oils, however those who did preferred mine.
I prefer mine own oil over my prescription CBD, like XXXX Gold vs Cooper's Pale.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
I spent six months travelling last year and got to meet plenty of crew using MM. More out there than you realise these days.
I had a lot of sessions with them, sharing their MM and my homegrown. Without pulling my chain, in every instance my bud was better. Higher stone, longer duration and better head feel. For the price and quality of MM, people are getting ripped.
My own CBD and THC oils were superior too, not that I came across too many crew with prescription oils, however those who did preferred mine.
I prefer mine own oil over my prescription CBD, like XXXX Gold vs Cooper's Pale.
That because the MM shit is mass produced and mass production is always shit compared to home grown!!
Look at the fruit and veg industry!

Top Bottom