Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Years Back we had a box of delicate figurines sent from overseas
I picked up the box at post office ,,customs took everything out off the bubble wrapping and just threw the figurines back in the box ,,all got broken ..
they can be real cunts if they want.

Northface Gorilla

Vegetating
User ID
I’ve had mates get letters after trying to import some ‘chemicals’ an all they’ve usually said is ‘we have seized;..... because it’s illegal, blah blah blah. If you wish to claim item(s) please contact;......’

I’m not sure what letter ya get for seeds. I’ve lost atleast 6 orders over the past few years but never got a letter.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Over the years (imo) it seems if you got the letter, you're not going to get a visit. I'm not saying thats rock solid, but the usual conclusion going by previous reports.

Hudo

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I’ve had mates get letters after trying to import some ‘chemicals’ an all they’ve usually said is ‘we have seized;..... because it’s illegal, blah blah blah. If you wish to claim item(s) please contact;......’

I’m not sure what letter ya get for seeds. I’ve lost atleast 6 orders over the past few years but never got a letter.
20230411_173501.jpg20230411_173520.jpgAnd basically a letter addressed to me saying we've destroyed your shit

Hudo

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Years Back we had a box of delicate figurines sent from overseas
I picked up the box at post office ,,customs took everything out off the bubble wrapping and just threw the figurines back in the box ,,all got broken ..
they can be real cunts if they want.
Yeah I can see them laughing now as they sent on the empty envelope. I paid insurance but I don't know if I want a resend and compromise another adress

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Yeah I can see them laughing now as they sent on the empty envelope. I paid insurance but I don't know if I want a resend and compromise another adress
Don't do a resend. It won't get through either. Sure Kustoms can get ultra busy, or lazy, and miss the odd parcel. But that's an exception, as they're intercepting almost 100% from some European vendors. Seedsman, Attitude and Herbie's have been on Kustoms Watch List, and nothing is getting through from them. Complaints from Aus punters have reduced significantly on their respective FB pages, because Aussies have just stopped ordering from them.

Hudo

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Don't do a resend. It won't get through either. Sure Kustoms can get ultra busy, or lazy, and miss the odd parcel. But that's an exception, as they're intercepting almost 100% from some European vendors. Seedsman, Attitude and Herbie's have been on Kustoms Watch List, and nothing is getting through from them. Complaints from Aus punters have reduced significantly on their respective FB pages, because Aussies have just stopped ordering from them.
Yeah I opted for a refund.

Sun Ra

Baked
Community Member
User ID
View attachment 33958View attachment 33959And basically a letter addressed to me saying we've destroyed your shit
It's not from Customs *ABF", it's from Dept of Agriculture aka quarantine breach. No big deal.
Don't buy off that supplier again for a while and don't use that postal name and address again.
Customs/ABF know about it though but couldn't really give a fuck apart from profiling you and
the supplier (probably) coz that's their job and what they do.

R3za92

Baked
User ID

I got that letter importing 15kg of fertiliser. Sent them the required manufacture data to show there was no biologicals in it and they sent it on its way. Took about 2 weeks of emailing back and forth but and was a fucking cunt of an experience.

jezza03

Germinating
User ID
I have bought heaps of vegetable seeds from America and never had a problem,
I'm also a philatelist, & once bought an Australian stamp from Canada , that letter arrived with yellow border force tape on it & a note inside saying this has been opened & inspected , nothing touched
Go figure

Top Bottom