What light do you use

• HPS/CMH

• LED

• Both

Results are only viewable after voting.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Not a bad option, Frank. If I was going to go a combo. I'd prolly go two (or 4) of them and run 'em as the 630w DE set up, and maybe another as HPS, though I'd probably be more inclined to go a 1000w HPS smack bang in the middle of them, bit like Dotts does.

That said, it'd be a much larger array than what I'd ever need. 😛

But yeah, nice option nonetheless from lumatek. (y)

Last edited:

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Michael J Foxtail

The botrytis bin possum
User ID
You will find that the more expensive brands, such as Gavita have superior, patented power supply ballasts, which promote better growth and bigger buds. Much like their bulbs. The cheaper versions use standard wavelengths. Gavita has their own super secret patented spectrum. So secret in fact, they do no even advertise it, not provide any technical specs..... but trust me, it does, an advert on Instagram told me so. :)
Here he goes again....Message them yourself and ask them why the front of the 645 pro box is branded patent pending. They did up until you started bitching have the name of and a link to their new spec on their website. Prob were told to pull it all down until it's finalized, who knows.... Wtf would I make it up u idiot.

Madmick

Baked
User ID
Yep
Look up the Oxford dictionary or Wikipedia definition of

Frank Reynolds. : Troll, know it all , generally full of shit , thinks a few dodgy pics proves he know his shit
Usually found hanging around hydro shelf at Bunnings

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Here he goes again....Message them yourself and ask them why the front of the 645 pro box is branded patent pending. They did up until you started bitching have the name of and a link to their new spec on their website. Prob were told to pull it all down until it's finalized, who knows.... Wtf would I make it up u idiot.

lol, seriously? I only made initial comment as your claims seemed outlandish and I could not find any proof of what you were saying on the Luxx website.

If I were in the market for an LED light and was going to hand over $2k of my hard earned, I would expect to be able to easily obtain all the data on each particular light I might short list... much like any investment of that sort of coin... I like to research things before I buy them.

I certainly would not be taking the word of a person I do not know on the internet, whom obtained their technical specs from some advertising on Instagram, which contradicts the specs on the manufacturers website.

But, yeah, I am an idiot, what would I know.

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
Well aint' this some good timing. Turns out on one of my many email accounts I am still subscribed to Maximum Yield's newsletter and happened to see this:

Latest Developments in Research on LED for Cannabis​

Date: October 13, 2021 | Time: 10:00 AM PDT

In this free webinar, you will learn about the latest research on lighting for cannabis. Data from several plant trials will be condensed and shared to help growers better understand how light affects cannabis and drives its growth. Light, more than any other growth factor, affects plant performance. Growers may need compact plants, high biomass, increased THC/CBD production, etc and all this is controllable with a good light spectrum and a balanced and tested light recipe.

Valoya, the research-driven LED manufacturer has conducted 600+ plant trials on 300+ plant species/varieties in the past 12 years. This data is used to develop high-quality LED luminaires and to ensure that growers get accurate light recipes for their crops.

The cannabis trials by Valoya began in 2014 in collaboration with CREA CI, an Italian research institute led by Dr. Gianpaolo Grassi, one of the world’s leading cannabis researchers. Some of this data has been published in academic journals, in addition to about 100 published scientific studies with Valoya lights thus far.

The webinar will be hosted by Ms. Stiina Kotiranta, Valoya’s Research Director with extensive experience in plant biology research.

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Well aint' this some good timing. Turns out on one of my many email accounts I am still subscribed to Maximum Yield's newsletter and happened to see this:
Look at the date that was written ,,
or should I say the date it will be written.
😂

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Before I ever open thus look at the date!!
Some back to the future shit right there!! 🤣

Makes sense now I've read it!! 🤣🤣

Indy

Misfit
User ID
I was gunna say, Italians and their corrupted ways. The country is still run by the mob? :p

Top Bottom