• HPS/CMH

• LED

• Both

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dotts

HPS turncoat
Community Member
User ID
Thought i would try n get a poll of what people actually use, HPS/CMH or LED.

i woulda thought all the oldies ie:expert growers lol use HPS/CMH, and

all the young whippersnappers are on the LED train.

anyway, not after a shitfight on what is best, just a simple poll on what light peeps are using.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Ganja Kaiser

Baked
User ID
LED. But I'm open minded to using different lights next winter now I've done my first grow and during winter.

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
After failing with that shitty viperstectar blurple, I can see why hps are still recommended. It’s only 400w but it’s like day and night difference to what I had. But I’m still new and not going to dismiss led. Just need to get a better one. Going to be building a strip that I’ll use for veg and keep my hps for flower.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Thought i would try n get a poll of what people actually use, HPS/CMH or LED.

i woulda thought all the oldies ie:expert growers lol use HPS/CMH, and

all the young whippersnappers are on the LED train.

anyway, not after a shitfight on what is best, just a simple poll on what light peeps are using.
The captain 🧑‍✈️ is on the hunt for some new front line soldiers from what I've read this morning!! 😉

vostok

Blooming
User ID
Old school HPS and M/h but admit sodium lost the race

the problem is every time I settle on the led to get, the bar ...moves again

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
I'm technology agnostic. I'm giving LED a go for something different and see what the current tech is like - never was convinced by that blurple stuff going around for the past few years. Given my climate, think using HPS makes more sense over winter, and would go down that path next time doing a mid-year grown. LED seems to be sufficient and might be better for a warmer months run or just veg. They both probably have their place.

Ganja Kaiser

Baked
User ID
I'm technology agnostic. I'm giving LED a go for something different and see what the current tech is like - never was convinced by that blurple stuff going around for the past few years. Given my climate, think using HPS makes more sense over winter, and would go down that path next time doing a mid-year grown. LED seems to be sufficient and might be better for a warmer months run or just veg. They both probably have their place.
I'm in Canberra and ran HLG LED over winter with two pipe heaters. Think I only needed the one though.

Last edited:

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
I'm in Canberra and ran HLG LED over winter with heaters. Think I only needed on the one heater though.
Definitely needed a heater going on this run with the LED. I haven't really kept an eye on how much powers it's using, but don't like that I'm purposefully running extra watts just for heat when I'd get that for free from the HPS. It's working out fine with the little space heater (not the most efficient, but was cheap and easy to chuck in) in the 1.2x1.2 - needed to assist with humidity too.

Anoma

Resident Celebrity
Community Member
User ID
If you want to measure your power output, try to find one of these, I have had one for 10+ years and it's pretty accurate and reliable. Belkin is a good brand.

Mine is the Australian version though, different power points and all that.

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
Probably a good idea to grab one of these. I doubt I'm close to maxing my circuits but would be good to be sure I'm not pushing it too hard either. When I first got into indoor growing years back I did some intense spreadsheeting to calculate all inputs on the run, was a bit of fun and good to understand. I earn more money now and still haven't got kids, so can burn it a little easier haha

Michael J Foxtail

The botrytis bin possum
User ID
Can't go past LUXX LED's and the massive $$ they spend on spectrum advances. If I had the coin I'd be loading up on 660's

Michael J Foxtail

The botrytis bin possum
User ID
Best looking nugs on insta coming from combo LUXX lighting and Athena 3.0ec super balanced nutes. Seems like 8/10 commercial guys using the combo in states and Canada with flawless reviews. Would love to give it a crack

Michael J Foxtail

The botrytis bin possum
User ID
3.0ec from start to finish with Athena line. Just keep it at 6.0ph and your garaunteed greatness. Big research gone into the combo over the last couple years. Jungle boys won't use anything else now.

Top Bottom