• Both

Results are only viewable after voting.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Michael J Foxtail

The botrytis bin possum
User ID
It started way before that u little bitch. Msg them yourself please and ask them about their custom or out of the box specs.
I'm just over these faggots @Porky that all they wanna do is try rip on cunts instead of helping or saying something constructive. Frank was

Site full of cocksuckers.
U lead the pack Bitchygoat. I haven't been here long but the many cunts I've seen leave because of your bitch antics you would think would open your eyes.... The serrated bitches

Michael J Foxtail

The botrytis bin possum
User ID
Year Frank thinks he's a scientist!!
Just ignore the cunt!!
Just

Just look at the name of this thread.
Don’t this shit always happen.
Exactly my point man. At the start I only gave some info on what pics I've been seeing and bitch one and two can't help their negative vagina like comments. If I was theirs wives I'd slap some man into it
U lead the pack Bitchygoat. I haven't been here long but the many cunts I've seen leave because of your bitch antics you would think would open your eyes.... The serrated bitches

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Yeh around here just reading the spec sheet on a website makes you a scientist aye

But hey there guerilla marketing on instagram must be working, don't even need to post specs on there own website to convince people it seems.
True!! 🤣🤣 and true!! 🤪🤪

Michael J Foxtail

The botrytis bin possum
User ID
Yeh around here just reading the spec sheet on a website makes you a scientist aye

But hey there guerilla marketing on instagram must be working, don't even need to post specs on there own website to convince people it se

But hey there guerilla marketing on instagram must be working, don't even need to post specs on there own website to convince people it seems.
Your gonna keep going with this you idiot!
This is all you have and wanna continue with it. I told you 4x now msg them yourself and find out for yourself. You might be surprised. Until then EAD ya fucktard

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
Your gonna keep going with this you idiot!
This is all you have and wanna continue with it. I told you 4x now msg them yourself and find out for yourself. You might be surprised. Until then EAD ya fucktard
I was actually interested in the research you talked about in the first place if you remember correctly. it's a shame you only ever came up with a press release then got angry.
I see your spinner is working mighty fine there frank,,,,

View attachment 16577
Not sure what you mean by spinner?

mlg

Vegetating
User ID
So what type of hps brand is everyone using? I've done cheapo ebay, lucagrow and gavita.
How long do you run them before replacing? Certain number of runs? Use a lux meter to help determine when? Or just wait until they blow?
MLG

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
So what type of hps brand is everyone using? I've done cheapo ebay, lucagrow and gavita.
How long do you run them before replacing? Certain number of runs? Use a lux meter to help determine when? Or just wait until they blow?
MLG
Now this is a good question - also what's the real diff with ballasts? Don't they all just supply the power? And then there's the type of reflector... I mean sure this is all well trodden stuff these days, but what do you guys use/recommend in the face of LED offerings?

Is it just a magnetic Growlush ballast with a similar bulb (oily fingers and all on installation) in a bit of tinfoil?

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Now this is a good question - also what's the real diff with ballasts? Don't they all just supply the power? And then there's the type of reflector... I mean sure this is all well trodden stuff these days, but what do you guys use/recommend in the face of LED offerings?

Is it just a magnetic Growlush ballast with a similar bulb (oily fingers and all on installation) in a bit of tinfoil?

You will find that the more expensive brands, such as Gavita have superior, patented power supply ballasts, which promote better growth and bigger buds. Much like their bulbs. The cheaper versions use standard wavelengths. Gavita has their own super secret patented spectrum. So secret in fact, they do no even advertise it, not provide any technical specs..... but trust me, it does, an advert on Instagram told me so. :)

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
I reckon my magnetic Growlush ballast I picked up from the tipshop is the bees knees. The hum and slight burning smell it gives off really does wonders for my plants. They just love it, I swear. You cant even patent that, it's totally like an art, not even science. You wont see people even sharing that on Instagram it's so special.

On a more serious note, regarding technical specs - sure there are going to be better lights of all sorts, but no one is doing proper controls to compare them for all other variables. I'm sure someone is going to be able to do amazing things with a Mars or whatever light if they know how to grow and manage other stuff, just like someone with a HLG could grow bugger all if they don't do the basics right. Isn't it always a matter of knowing how to use what you got? Like making a film, you can do some cool stuff with Super8 if you're clever. The rest is just idealised outcomes which most real world instances probably wont come close to living up to. Sure it'll help having the good gear, it'll cover some of the gaps in the rest. But no one single piece of the puzzle tells the full picture

Indy

Misfit
User ID
If we're talking HPS setup. I'd go a Lumatek Controllable Ballast 600w 240v. A ballast that allows you to select either 250w, 400w, 600w or 660w SL (the SL function delivers a extra 60w boost (10%) to get the best out of your old bulbs).

When it comes to reflectors, I'd go the old Adjust-a-Wing Reflector as they've stood the test of time at delivering a good balanced spread of light over the canopy of the plants. The go-to bulb for the reflector would still be from Philips Son-T range (for mine).

Another ballast to consider would be from the same Lumatek range, but the Lumatek Ultimate PRO 600w 400v. From memory, the 400v range was designed for commercial applications if I recall correctly.

Dotts

HPS turncoat
Community Member
User ID
315CMH sol-Sence veg, add an

Adjustable Lumitek Digital Ballast,

max 400w, philips son t globes for flower time.

Both in a Hi-Par duel ( hps-cmh) air

cooled reflector.

Top Bottom