Hash Making

Kee Mao

Baked
User ID
I only did iso/ethyl extractions a handful of times, but was always slow, messy, and the end product always tasted awful.

Trying to scrape off the frozen shit from the pyrex and the flakes flick out all over the place, stick to everything. Was always a challenge to collect the crap.

Not for everyone, but undoubtedly get better returns and a much cleaner product from the rosin press, especially when pressing bubble hash from trim/substandard bud.
You make the bubble hash,then run it through the press? Like a double distil?

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Dotts

HPS turncoat
Community Member
User ID
Not for everyone, but undoubtedly get better returns and a much cleaner product from the rosin press, especially when pressing bubble hash from trim/substandard bud.
my next adventure is hash Rosin,

what the smallest micron size bubble bag you use for collecting hash for the rosin press bags?

thefullspectrum

Curing
Community Member
User ID
You make the bubble hash,then run it through the press? Like a double distil?

my next adventure is hash Rosin,

what the smallest micron size bubble bag you use for collecting hash for the rosin press bags?
Yeah I love fucking around with the weed. :love:

I put 3-4 oz of trim and lowers through the bags, got 4.9 grams of dry bubble hash. Only use 3 bags, so collect the 25 and 73 micron bubble hash and usually just mix it together. 🤓

Loaded that into a 25 micron rosin bag and press at a lower temp, pressure and time compared to flower. Got 3 grams of hash rosin. 60% return, my best from flower is like 16%. Looking for the best pressing strains to grow nowadays what a bloody rabbit hole.

If id done the same starting material in an iso/ethyl quick wash, based on previous attempts I'd have been lucky to get 2 grams of pretty dirty hash oil.

Solventless surely better for the body. I dab a bit now and then but mainly thin and use in the oil vape pen for on the go.
Admittedly the liquidizers and diluents are not a proven safe product though so win some lose some.

Got a big collection of pressed rosin pucks and bags still covered in sticky goodness. I probably should boil em up in some butter or something but fuck theres only so much bloody THC I can take in a 24 hour period.

Dotts

HPS turncoat
Community Member
User ID
Yeah I love fucking around with the weed. Only use 3 bags, so collect the 25 and 73 micron bubble hash and usually just mix it together.
...so pretty good to best hash then...

I was thinking 120 bags....

Yeah, I always wondered what thy did with the pressed puck on youetube vids,
always looks like ya could get more out of it...

I like the idea of the butter brew with em!

Last edited:

Merl1n

Blooming
User ID
Got a big collection of pressed rosin pucks...
Me too
I made templates for my hash press, engraved harvest dates into the disk templates. Each puck has it's details embossed on it, just so I knew what I was smoking :LOL: I store mine in cigar tubes and light/moisture insulated containers

Attachments

• 100_0746.jpg
    100_0746.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 13
  • Hash 7811 (1).JPG
    Hash 7811 (1).JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:

thefullspectrum

Curing
Community Member
User ID
...so pretty good to best hash then...

I was thinking 120 bags....

Yeah, I always wondered what thy did with the pressed puck on youetube vids,
always looks like ya could get more out of it...

I like the idea of the butter brew with em!
Dont get me wrong im a beginner here and learning on the go but isn't the weed is such a rewarding hobby. :love:

Rosin smells Soooo much sweeter than hash oil. The pressed pucks smell good enough to eat still. One thing Ive noticed is using nylon pressing bags with flower is almost counterproductive. They soak up and store a lot of the good stuff so if I was into edibles theyd go alright. A must with the bubble hash though.

OZIOZIAUTO

Baked
User ID
I'm looking at making one of these.

My costing:

1 meter 150mm pipe $52 Bunnings
2 x threaded cape $55 Bunnings
2 x threaded coupling $47 Bunnings
Large tub $30 Woolies
Silk Screen 110 $23 Amazon
BBQ rotisserie got/free

Total ~$210

150mm pipe is expensive, 100mm is half the price. Not sure which one I'll go with yet.
Once I have all the parts it should be quick and easy to put together.
Can't wait to see the finished goods 😁 watching in anticipadio😜

Hudo

Baked
User ID
I'm looking at making one of these.

My costing:

1 meter 150mm pipe $52 Bunnings
2 x threaded cape $55 Bunnings
2 x threaded coupling $47 Bunnings
Large tub $30 Woolies
Silk Screen 110 $23 Amazon
BBQ rotisserie got/free

Total ~$210

150mm pipe is expensive, 100mm is half the price. Not sure which one I'll go with yet.
Once I have all the parts it should be quick and easy to put together.
If you have a spent carbon filter take all the guts out they make great hash spinners. Just need a cap for the end and the screen

DosFish

Germinating
User ID
If you have a spent carbon filter take all the guts out they make great hash spinners. Just need a cap for the end and the screen
Thanks Hudo, thats a great idea. I have a filter I am just about to replace.

BigRobbo

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
Im hoping to get into a bit of hash making myself when I get around to it, but a bit of a heads up for my TSE crew I recently finished up some 7east gear and found a couple that would make mad hash or concentrates especially the 2 stroke lemonade..fkn amazing smell and so much stickyness and trichome its probably better to dry trim it.. Also the Blurry face had me a sticky mess trimming and made a good amount of finger hash from them both that smells so good I want to eat it! Merlin your hash puks look sick mate nice fkn work 🍻

Love to grow

Foot man
User ID
I get a mate to double distill home brew till it comes out at 90 percent gotta be better than using iso I also do the old green dragon method wack ya buds in the oven low n slow to decarb chuck her in a jar put it in the freezer shake fuck out of it once a day strain at the end of the week then I left it in the sunroom with the lid off all alcohol evaporated off in a week takes some time but works well 😂👍

Merl1n

Blooming
User ID
Im hoping to get into a bit of hash making myself when I get around to it, but a bit of a heads up for my TSE crew I recently finished up some 7east gear and found a couple that would make mad hash or concentrates especially the 2 stroke lemonade..fkn amazing smell and so much stickyness and trichome its probably better to dry trim it.. Also the Blurry face had me a sticky mess trimming and made a good amount of finger hash from them both that smells so good I want to eat it! Merlin your hash puks look sick mate nice fkn work 🍻
On pg2 of this topic there's a bit of a 'How to' to make a tumbler. I've made a few differing types, each with it's own pros and con's, from one using a fucked clothes drier (the heating element had died), to one using the drive from an old agitator washing machine from the 70's, to the Bunnings BBQ version. From using stainless steel filter mesh (Ultra fine) used for filtering olive oil to differing fabric filters. I've made shakers to refine the differing grades and tried differing ways to store/preserve it all. Making improvements/adjustments with each one.
If you've got questions, just ask. I'm more than willing to share the knowledge.

thefullspectrum

Curing
Community Member
User ID
What RPM do those spit rotisseries spin at. 3-4 rpm? Way too slow for dry sift tumbling I'd imagine. Minimum 30 rpm I find or you get next to nothing.

My next project is to make a trimmer cylinder compatible for my tumbler. Dual purpose trimmer and hash tumbler. Just need to find some sharpish thin metal sheet/mesh of some sort with some 10-12mm holes in it, almost like a grater.

Merl1n

Blooming
User ID
What RPM do those spit rotisseries spin at. 3-4 rpm? Way too slow for dry sift tumbling I'd imagine. Minimum 30 rpm I find or you get next to nothing.

My next project is to make a trimmer cylinder compatible for my tumbler. Dual purpose trimmer and hash tumbler. Just need to find some sharpish thin metal sheet/mesh of some sort with some 10-12mm holes in it, almost like a grater.
It's not actually the speed that removes the trichomes, but rather the friction of the gvm against the fabric. I've found the faster it spins, the more green veg matter is broken up. So rather than having a pile of nice golden goodness you end up with a dusty green pile. So, IMHO the slower the better.
I have used dried untrimmed bud, minus the timbers, in the tumbler and being dry, the tumbling process snaps off the stems of the leaf, BUT the resulting bud looks processed, it's all uniform in shape and the smoke is also lesser because those external trichomes have been removed.

Hudo

Baked
User ID

use a spent carbon filter for this too cut slots into it by joining a few holes together

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
IMG_9686.jpegBeen sitting like this for ever. Doesn’t seem to get any “harder”
It’s been on a heat pad. Have taken off now ( maybe the warmth melts it a bit?)

Anyway it’s like really sticky thick honey. Thicker than honey but still moves if I til the container. Do I just leave to keep evaporating?

Thanks

Top Bottom