Don't have an account? Register now

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
I seen some worm casting at Bunnings. But would they be rubbish to use?

I can’t get any sticky traps locally. Might have to jump on eBay.

I did read about the beneficial nematodes. Interesting concept. I like how it’s just nature/cycle of life just doing it’s thing.

I’m going to have some companion plants in the tent next run. Lemon balm and other pest repellent plants.
get yourself a worm farm & start producing your own castings

can't tell you if they'd be rubbish or not , if they are really dry in the bag it's prob not good
but could be still worth trying

i've definitely brought yellow sticky traps from bunnings before

you can buy Parasitic nematodes (Steinernema feltiae) off the shelf here in oz

as far as companion plants go there ways to use them along with pros & cons , strengths & weaknesses

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
get yourself a worm farm & start producing your own castings

can't tell you if they'd be rubbish or not , if they are really dry in the bag it's prob not good
but could be still worth trying

i've definitely brought yellow sticky traps from bunnings before

you can buy Parasitic nematodes (Steinernema feltiae) off the shelf here in oz

as far as companion plants go there ways to use them along with pros & cons , strengths & weaknesses
Man I want to get a worm farm. I usually look on gumtree for used ones. Just being a cheap arse.

I’ll have a better look for the traps. I even asked someone once and they had no idea. But that doesn’t mean they were there lol.

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
That guy definitely had a good process there.
I remember you saying before @itchybro about diacondria.
Is this ok.

229C13C7-C74F-4C14-B253-FE2FC8E4BDCE.pngThe silver falls was the one you didn’t recommend but this is different yeah?

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
If you cant get the sticky pads,,,the stickyrolls for flys works just the same ,,just unroll it a few inches and lay it on top of your medium.
when or if it gets too covered in gnats just unroll some more and cut off the dirty bit,,,
supermarkets stock them and they are cheap.

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID

vostok

Blooming
User ID
img_20210417_084844-jpg.13597

that tells me its 90% neem oil and the rest soap and preservative ...lol reminds me I gotta order some more neem ..lol

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
make sure you read your labels on pesticides correctly
differing opinion

Pyrethrum and pyrethrins are pretty much the same thing. Pyrethrins are the actual active ingredients in pyrethrum.

Pyrethroids are chemical simulations of pyrethrins, naturally occurring compounds in dried chrysanthemum flowers that incapacitate insect nervous systems. ... In 2001, the EPA banned them from households due to the risks they posed to the developing brains and nervous systems of children

Pesticide products containing pyrethroids are often described by pest control opera- tors and community mosquito management bureaus as “safe as chrysanthemum flow- ers.” While pyrethroids are a synthetic ver- sion of an extract from the chyrsanthemum, they were chemically designed to be more toxic with longer breakdown

User ID
Pyrethrum comes from the geranium flower is natural but the rest may not, I'd avoid any flowers or buds at this stage
At risk of being a plant pedant with my first comment here... Greetings everyone!! ... It's Chrysanthemum ("mother's day flowers, those stinky daisy offerings in supermarket pots) not geranium. Doesn't help with the issue much though ;-)

User ID
For gnats i used to use BTi power from ebay but the seller must not be getting stock in, so i turned to a product at the hydro shop - Tanlin (NilNat) 20ml , it has tiny crystals that the gnat larve eat and it swells up and they die

Top Bottom