Fungus Gnats

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Ok, so I am losing the battle with fungus gnats.

Never had them before, so unsure what to do next.

I have Neem drenched the pots twice now. The second time last week thoroughly with a heap of run off. seems to slow them up for a few days but then they are back in plague proportions.

I've put a bunch of sticky traps that i had laying around in the pots and they are getting heaps stuck to them, so I am successfully a pretty fucken good gnat breeder. I would prefer not to be, so please help with the next plan of attack.

Was thinking of removing mulch and replacing with some form of gnat barrier, but not sure if that is too late now when I already have the bloody things?

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Madmick

Baked
User ID
what stage are your plants ?

The mulch is keeping the top layer too moist , need something to dry out the top

Gnatnix , I think its called will help stop the breeding process and prevent further infestations

Once any bug gets a hold indoors its extremely hard to kill them all

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
what stage are your plants ?

The mulch is keeping the top layer too moist , need something to dry out the top

Gnatnix , I think its called will help stop the breeding process and prevent further infestations

Once any bug gets a hold indoors its extremely hard to kill them all

They are a little over 3 weeks in to flower.

I have let them dry right out both times before the neem drench.

cunts have taken hold, but the plants dont seem to be suffering yet.

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I had a bit of success with diatomacious earth mixed in2 top 50mm or so of pots
And then small layer of it on top of soil
Emphasis on " a bit " cause the little fukers love the rain and if u got empty pots or as in my case the other halves mopping bucket, mrs fungus gnat can pump out 300 baby ferks a second in that enviroment
As the grower of trees suggested, broken up mozzie coils dissolved in water seems 2 work ok
All else fails bunnings got special on flamethrowers at mo

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
U could try the old yogurt containers covered with gladwrap and put some apple cidar vinegar in. Cut 5 or 6 sm holes in plastic
Got thousanda of the buggars using these outdoors
Try asking them 2 leave William
I've had success with bug talk when high on oil

vostok

Blooming
User ID
Ok, so I am losing the battle with fungus gnats.

Never had them before, so unsure what to do next.

I have Neem drenched the pots twice now. The second time last week thoroughly with a heap of run off. seems to slow them up for a few days but then they are back in plague proportions.

I've put a bunch of sticky traps that i had laying around in the pots and they are getting heaps stuck to them, so I am successfully a pretty fucken good gnat breeder. I would prefer not to be, so please help with the next plan of attack.

Was thinking of removing mulch and replacing with some form of gnat barrier, but not sure if that is too late now when I already have the bloody things?
In the past I have neemed them too and laid yellow card smeared with veg oil does wonders but my favorite has to be laying uncooked french fries(chips?) on the soil top
the worms/larvea are attracted to the smell of the starch, clean them up each morning soon exhausts the population, I'd avoid the oil covered ones in the freezer chop ya own!

tho noobs claim they eat the roots this has yet to be proven

good luck

Top Bottom