Freeze dried flowers

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Probably good timing.

I think one MAYBE two plants need to be pulled.
I’m going to Sydney next week for a week
It’s dry here
So.. normally I’d have to either not harvest until I get back or harvest and dry in under a week or leave to dry while I’m away and have no control. Might come home to over died rubbish.

So I’ll get as much in the freezer as I can.

Anyone know if the bids need to be single layer and space around ? Or can I pile the shit in and bobs your uncle ?

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Ps. Google is useless for freezer drying.
So much conflicting information.
So thanks to you all for one place in the internet I can trust ( mostly ;)

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Probably good timing.

I think one MAYBE two plants need to be pulled.
I’m going to Sydney next week for a week
It’s dry here
So.. normally I’d have to either not harvest until I get back or harvest and dry in under a week or leave to dry while I’m away and have no control. Might come home to over died rubbish.

So I’ll get as much in the freezer as I can.

Anyone know if the bids need to be single layer and space around ? Or can I pile the shit in and bobs your uncle ?
Bloody Bob's got a lot of nephews

GlennT_59

Blooming
User ID
Ah that's way intersting Harry, be interested to see how it all goes for ya. A mate of mine from way back used to grow his weed in an espalier kinda grow to keep it low and he got loads of buds that way, and he used to freeze all his buds which at the time I thought was odd, but maybe he was onto something 😁 Good work Harry, keen to see how she goes (y)

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Hopefully this is ok.

I have the freezer on coldest setting.

Also. If I harvest another plant in a couple of weeks. Reckon I could put these when all completely frozen in the drawers* at bottom.?

View attachment 46535

* trich collector tubs :)
Yeah, trichomes will easily break off when frozen. So handle with care, and collect any broken trichomes from the paper underneath. Depending on your freezer settings, may need to defrost for a day or so when removing from freezer

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
I can't remember if I posted this before or not... but after reading this thread a few weeks ago I got curious. So the Harvest Right freeze dryers which are popular in the US are available through a local distributor but are quite expensive. I hear you can go direct to HR and have them ship it but seems a bit involved.

Me being me, got onto Alibaba and had a look at what was on offer. I found a supplier which seemed to be perfect. They make a lineup much like HR units in terms of size and functions. Plus, the big plus, they have stock in a local warehouse.

C100DB890C9C732D22F6F0EDE82B414F.jpg
83E34FEA8AAA9FAC3F3542459F614F84.jpg
Capture.JPG
c94f372352d29b25ce7e89a516238ba9.png

I was quoted 3,499USD for the HFD-4 unit + 260USD delivery. So you're still looking at around 5-6k all up... it's tempting but I have no space and I'm using that as my excuse not to be foolish

Attachments

• c94f372352d29b25ce7e89a516238ba9.png
    c94f372352d29b25ce7e89a516238ba9.png
    27.5 KB · Views: 0

Pikey

Baked
User ID
These are getting popular in north America.

I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to reverse engineer :unsure:

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
These are getting popular in north America.

I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to reverse engineer :unsure:
Interesting. It doesn't look overly complicated... it seems really all about the controller and how it manages the environment

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Yeah, trichomes will easily break off when frozen. So handle with care, and collect any broken trichomes from the paper underneath. Depending on your freezer settings, may need to defrost for a day or so when removing from freezer
When dry I could thaw and move to jars and store as normal right ?

Watch out for freezer burn 😂
Yeah. Well. Of course I’m paranoid about that haha shit.

Reactions: SAW

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
Not bad. That makes it more curious. Though the way I am looking at it, if I do justify spending stupid money, is that with a freeze dryer, I can see the use case being broader than just drying bud. I'd be able to use it for related activities as well as for non-canna stuff. My partner was keen on the idea of what she could do with it. It is more expensive though than the Cannatrol but about half.

I'm still not rushing on making a decision though! I'll checkout the video you linked in the meantime. I need to be prepared for next harvest, and see what the weather is like in another 1-2 months

Top Bottom