Freeze dried flowers

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Pheno variations. Some good ( like yours), some not so good( like mine) . I only pollinated 1 cola, but still have 300 hundred seeds left. Pm me if you want to pheno hunt through some more, as Ive lost interest in that strain.
The Gelato x Runts I grew from ya was hermie free. Was a good smoke but the plants were very short and compact. Think each one was just over 2oz so low yield.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Dotts

HPS turncoat
Community Member
User ID
all my grows now are going straight to freezer.

trim fan leaves only so not to release any chlorophyll , straight to freezer,

washed for hash, dried in fridge, sieved a couple times to break down clumps.

then pressed, and room temp cured rosin...

RidingOnwards

Vegetating
User ID
Yes I’ll give it a crack too.
The science behind it (as I see it) being that the frost free freezer is frost free as it removes moisture so no ice
Same principle on ya bud, removes the moisture.

Simple really, but whoever thought of it go immediately to top of the class😊

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Yes I’ll give it a crack too.
The science behind it (as I see it) being that the frost free freezer is frost free as it removes moisture so no ice
Same principle on ya bud, removes the moisture.

Simple really, but whoever thought of it go immediately to top of the class😊
For the first time, don't put ALL your colas into freeze, just a few colas to test. If your freezer works Ok, you can then freeze more of your future crops.

Squire

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Oh I would love a freeze dryer :love: . just imagine drying a whole plant in 24/36 hours .
Being doing some research cheapest is from China 3-4k Not sure how reliable even feed back on American ones not good.
Have been thinking locals should get together and do a shared one.

med180

Curing
Community Member
User ID
I'm definitely gonna have a go at freeze drying at harvest time , because of the very dry climate here I find it hard to keep the buds from drying too quickly
I am testing a large cola currently. Though I have the opposite problem!

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
It doesn't cure your bud's though it only dries them. Keep that in mind 😉.
Yeah I was wondering about that. What if they been in the freezer 6 months or more? Do they come out just like they went in?

Pixie

Baked
User ID
I'm not sure about that Porky. I know that a lot of the canna medical suppliers freeze dry there bud's but you wouldn't think it cure's them. I think it's just a quick and easy way to turn their products over.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
They retain their shape and colour, so high bag appeal. Maybe smokes a little bit harsher than long term cured flowers. But if left frozen for longer, maybe 6 months+, may smooth out bit more.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
They retain their shape and colour, so high bag appeal. Maybe smokes a little bit harsher than long term cured flowers. But if left frozen for longer, maybe 6 months+, may smooth out bit more.
Leave some in for 6 months plus and let everyone know!
I still blow out it can actually be done in a freezer and keep forgetting to try it everytime I chop.

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Maybe best to jar it for cure after it has dried ,,probably need the jar in a cool spot to keep the terps..
It’s something I keep forgetting to do too.

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
We got a new fridge.

Guess what? Means I have a whole fridge and full length ( floor to top) frost free freezer.

Got to move it to the basement and then I’ll dry incredible bulk inside. :) woohoo.

Test bud. Been in a few days or maybe a week. I don’t know.

So. Leave for a month ? I’m excited.

IMG_1739.jpeg

med180

Curing
Community Member
User ID
We got a new fridge.

Guess what? Means I have a whole fridge and full length ( floor to top) frost free freezer.

Got to move it to the basement and then I’ll dry incredible bulk inside. :) woohoo.

Test bud. Been in a few days or maybe a week. I don’t know.

So. Leave for a month ? I’m excited.

View attachment 46377
I did an experiment recently and after 30 days or so pulled it out and hung it up and it was good to smoke the next morning.

Top Bottom