Freeze dried flowers

med180

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Just because 1 in 20 has hermie potential doesn't mean that you will get one in every 20 plants. You may be the unlucky cunt that gets 3 in a batch of 10 and then the next fella grows 30 no problems.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
It said 5 to 10% and that's what I've been getting. The last 3 grows I've done I didn't have any hermies.
I have had the same set-up since 2018.
All plants are treated the same.
Remember that grow about 2 years ago I did with all the fucked up plants in soil and I changed to perlite.
I don't think is possible to stress a plant more than that grow. Didn't get a hermie that grow! They were quality genectics from Carbcon. I get what your trying to say but it's not the case for me. Every time I've had a hermie its been 1 or 2 plants from the same strain. If I was stressing these plants to hermie why aren't all the plants in the grow hermie?

Just to add to the confusion.

I have stressed plants to the max, as bad, or worse than Porky. vegging for 6 months, barely alive, hacked to pieces, forget to water.. pure neglect. and no hermie.

Coincidentally, the only hermies I have ever had were also from Carbcon and I treated them like fucking royalty. They were cuts taken from a single plant and they all hermied. In saying that, i picked off the flowers and let them go (needed smoko) and the result was some nice buds. strangely enough, no seeds.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Just to add to the confusion.

I have stressed plants to the max, as bad, or worse than Porky. vegging for 6 months, barely alive, hacked to pieces, forget to water.. pure neglect. and no hermie.

Coincidentally, the only hermies I have ever had were also from Carbcon and I treated them like fucking royalty. They were cuts taken from a single plant and they all hermied. In saying that, i picked off the flowers and let them go (needed smoko) and the result was some nice buds. strangely enough, no seeds.
See this is what I've been saying all along some plants will hermie no matter how they are treated!

med180

Curing
Community Member
User ID

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
See this is what I've been saying all along some plants will hermie no matter how they are treated!

I agree with that statement... with the disclaimer that it is based on a very small sample size and my personal experience.

If science says otherwise, based on testing by this bugbie fellow or whomever else can do it legally and in a controlled einvironment, then that is pretty hard to argue with...

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
"If I was stressing these plants to hermie why aren't all the plants in the grow hermie? " Short answer is because each strain has its own stress tolerance level. For example You may still have been growing them all in a stressful environment, and the other strains were more highly stable. So say for example, there was a unique stress combination of an over watering issue AND high heat( simultaneously). If next time you grow that strain, that same combination isn't encountered simultaneously, then it's possible you could get a clean run. One grow environment where the strain turned hermie, isn't enough to categorically call it a hermie strain, and make a call of shitty seeds. Too many variables to be certain in a single grow.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
"If I was stressing these plants to hermie why aren't all the plants in the grow hermie? " Short answer is because each strain has its own stress tolerance level. For example You may still have been growing them all in a stressful environment, and the other strains were more highly stable. So say for example, there was a unique stress combination of an over watering issue AND high heat( simultaneously). If next time you grow that strain, that same combination isn't encountered simultaneously, then it's possible you could get a clean run. One grow environment where the strain turned hermie, isn't enough to categorically call it a hermie strain, and make a call of shitty seeds. Too many variables to be certain in a single grow.
Fair enough but like I said when I get a hermie in a strain I've got others of the exact same strain that don't hermie.
I grew 3 liberty haze x Green Crack from Sedge and 2 went hermie one didn't no others in the grow went hermie either.
When I grew 2 of your AGG crosses 1 went herm 1 didn't no other plants in the grow went hermie.
MSNL I can't remember the strain name but 1 of the 3 went hermie no others went hermie in the grow. I always grow at least 2 of any strain per grow and I've never had all one strain go hermie.
So what I'm saying and have been saying all along is that these strains were not stabilised properly.
Seedsman I've never had a hermie off so I would consider their breeding practices better and their lines stabilised properly for selling.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Looking at the MSNL thread I had 1 of 5 hermie of another strain from them too!

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Fair enough but like I said when I get a hermie in a strain I've got others of the exact same strain that don't hermie.
I grew 3 liberty haze x Green Crack from Sedge and 2 went hermie one didn't no others in the grow went hermie either.
When I grew 2 of your AGG crosses 1 went herm 1 didn't no other plants in the grow went hermie.
MSNL I can't remember the strain name but 1 of the 3 went hermie no others went hermie in the grow. I always grow at least 2 of any strain per grow and I've never had all one strain go hermie.
So what I'm saying and have been saying all along is that these strains were not stabilised properly.
Seedsman I've never had a hermie off so I would consider their breeding practices better and their lines stabilised properly for selling.
With pollen chucks, its highly likely( almost certain)to be multiple pheno variations. A particular pheno can to be more sensitive than others. For example ( not trying to be smart) but I grew 3 x AGG plants, and all were clean. You, Mick, K9 and one another nember( I can't recall who) found nanners. I kept a record at the time, and I think there were 13 ( ?)(grows of that strain through TSE, and l the other 9 runs were clean. The seeds ultimately got moisture in the container, and entire batch had to be thrown out. I was prepared to keep testing in my own room, if they didn't get wet. Not that the strain was particularly special,

Madmick

Baked
User ID
As I also said not all of them hermied , from memory Ihad 9 or 10 , only 2 maybe 3 threw nannas, they all looked and smelt and smoked the same
1 of Runtz other 4 were ok
I also got a few from another grow Alien something , threy weren't fems though regular

I'll admit it's probably not the chuckers fault , but certainly isn't the growers either, because we can't grow or our environment is rubbish, quite the contrary

To suggest we make our plants hermie is rubbish , it's already in the genetics

benn0

Baked
Community Member
User ID

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
As I also said not all of them hermied , from memory Ihad 9 or 10 , only 2 maybe 3 threw nannas, they all looked and smelt and smoked the same
I also got a few from another grow Alien something , threy weren't fems though regular

I'll admit it's probably not the chuckers fault , but certainly isn't the growers either, because we can't grow or our environment is rubbish, quite the contrary

Strain is gone anyway now. Poor seed storage practices. But youre still a Grumpy Old Bastard, Mick.

RidingOnwards

Vegetating
User ID
Freezer actually dries the flowers. No need for freezer bag. After a month + freeze time, remove from freezer, and thaw for a few hours, and should be dry enough to smoke . Don't place it next to the fish heads in freezer 🤣
Amazing

yeah I agree
I think it can happen anywhere and then is it the genetics or was it not treated right…
Who knows..?
I’ve been to Amsterdam a few times and purchased fair dinkum seeds from sensi and the like, but it can still happen, and I don’t believe I stressed them but still get odd one.

It’s a plant, it’s nature, it’s an occurrence that can and will happen.

IMO all we can do is grow to our best ability to reduce stress and avoid it.

I’m no pro, but I just look on it as a liability that can occur, like being knocked down crossing the road 🤷‍♂️

But on topic, sorry, I must try this in my frost free freezer😊

thefullspectrum

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Strain is gone anyway now. Poor seed storage practices. But youre still a Grumpy Old Bastard, Mick.
Ive got 2 AGG at about 4-5 weeks vegging @ the moment. I thought it was a great smoke. Great structured plants with finer/sativa shade leaves I really liked them.

Recently harvested a Gelato x pink Runtz. It was growing beside a couple other strains and was a bit of a softcock from day one. Went yellow early, come good then went yellow again prior to chop. Living soil grower, so I just plant them and they either like the mix or don't. Most do, she didn't for some reason.

Anyway, I never noticed the many bunches of nannas until chop. The bottom half of the plant was riddled in them fucked if I know when they started forming I never seen the signs. Get a bit complacent hey, It'll never happen to me lol

Was expecting the worst... But only got about 3 seeds from her and the other 2 plants were untouched. must have been practically sterile, smokes alright so was really a non event. Anyone else have nannas on the G x PR ?

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
I'm tickled reading about the freeze drying idea. I understand this using a commercial machine, but a little more dubious of just chucking it in a domestic freezer. Is it really so simple? Might have to dedicate a draw in the fridge to it... not seeing others do it and still sticking to traditional dry and cure leaves me with a little trepidation. Are you guys doing it on the reg or just proof of concept?

Love to grow

Foot man
User ID
Ive got 2 AGG at about 4-5 weeks vegging @ the moment. I thought it was a great smoke. Great structured plants with finer/sativa shade leaves I really liked them.

Recently harvested a Gelato x pink Runtz. It was growing beside a couple other strains and was a bit of a softcock from day one. Went yellow early, come good then went yellow again prior to chop. Living soil grower, so I just plant them and they either like the mix or don't. Most do, she didn't for some reason.

Anyway, I never noticed the many bunches of nannas until chop. The bottom half of the plant was riddled in them fucked if I know when they started forming I never seen the signs. Get a bit complacent hey, It'll never happen to me lol

Was expecting the worst... But only got about 3 seeds from her and the other 2 plants were untouched. must have been practically sterile, smokes alright so was really a non event. Anyone else have nannas on the G x PR ?
My gelato runtz x turned out excellent no narners dense heavy nugs not big nugs but heavy I actually told a few people on here to grow em out as they nice heavy smoke prob shouldn’t have done that i was only goin off personnel experience sorry to hear yours hermed out mate👍 shitty pics from shitty phone can’t find full plant pics il keep lookin👍IMG_4243.jpegIMG_4239.jpeg

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID

2 plants I grew were both clean (G x PR) but leaf ratio was too high, and a trimming nightmare. I also struggled to keep nitrogen up to them both, from early seedling stage, and fan leaves always looked yellow.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
My gelato runtz x turned out excellent no narners dense heavy nugs not big nugs but heavy I actually told a few people on here to grow em out as they nice heavy smoke prob shouldn’t have done that i was only goin off personnel experience sorry to hear yours hermed out mate👍 shitty pics from shitty phone can’t find full plant pics il keep lookin👍View attachment 43222View attachment 43223
Pheno variations. Some good ( like yours), some not so good( like mine) . I only pollinated 1 cola, but still have 300 hundred seeds left. Pm me if you want to pheno hunt through some more, as Ive lost interest in that strain.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
My gelato runtz x turned out excellent no narners dense heavy nugs not big nugs but heavy I actually told a few people on here to grow em out as they nice heavy smoke prob shouldn’t have done that i was only goin off personnel experience sorry to hear yours hermed out mate👍 shitty pics from shitty phone can’t find full plant pics il keep lookin👍View attachment 43222View attachment 43223
Your the foot king! Every 2nd pic from you got ya toes or ya shoes in em! 🤣

Top Bottom