Dopey pommy fucks

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Unfortunately Porky us 7 billion and our Modern agriculture methods (land clearing, polution etc) are a large part of why so many plant and animal species have become extinct or are endangered..Properly managed wild harvest and fisheries can certainly be used in conjunction with agriculture to provide the worlds food and has been done for centuries..unfortunately greed often gets in the way and some people take more then they need and some agriculture is not sustainable ie. cage farming of Salmon where maybe 3 kgs of feed has to be grown to produce 1 kg of Salmon........

If us greedy humans are to survive (and unless you have a ticket booked on Elons starships to Mars) food will become an incredibly valuable resource into the future..Back to my point about Ukraine civilian militia , Australia can be likened to Ukraine in that both countries are very, very large agricultural producers (we also have a 3-4 billion dollar fisheries industry) and will be targets for large powerful developing countries...ie China, indonesia, india etc..

or maybe we just all should start eating bugs...yummo..;)
There is nothing sustainable about taking native wildlife to eat unless you are a nomadic tribe like aboriginals or native American Indians or the Africans were before white people fucked em!
Modern civilisation is far to large for any hunting of wild populations to be sustainable!

Yeah I agree about us being a target from the Chinese for not only our agriculture but also our resources!

I've eaten a few different types of bugs from spiders to worms to grasshoppers all were actually not bad.
Deep fried they wear almost like chips! 😝

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

QLD guy

Vegetating
User ID
Yeah mate for 5 bucks your a fuck wit
All your posts on this thread and not one rational or interesting thought..only reactionary insults and telling me that I said things that I didnt say at all...might be early onset dementia but I dont care its boring as hell when someone cant counter someone elses opinion with facts or at least an altenate thought out response.....think about it ..if you even can...now where is that ignore button..

QLD guy

Vegetating
User ID
There is nothing sustainable about taking native wildlife to eat unless you are a nomadic tribe like aboriginals or native American Indians or the Africans were before white people fucked em!
Modern civilisation is far to large for any hunting of wild populations to be sustainable!

Yeah I agree about us being a target from the Chinese for not only our agriculture but also our resources!

I've eaten a few different types of bugs from spiders to worms to grasshoppers all were actually not bad.
Interesting post thanks Porky...

Your a city guy arent you Porky (not an insult just an observation).

I grew up around farms in the country so I'm more of a pragmatist when it comes to animals..

BTW There are plenty of examples of sustainable harvested wildlife that are eaten on a daily basis...

Lots of seafood such as Prawns Lobsters and many fish species...its a constant battle to limit quotas with wild stock biomass but if done correctly many native species (both marine and terrestrial) replenish their stocks yearly..

Kangaroos are a good example where the numbers would get totally out of control if left unchecked (plus its cruel to let them starve if there are too many and not enough food)...so yearly culls for farmers and for human and pet consumption take place with quotas based on seasonal conditions and current population numbers....

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...humane-and-sustainable-or-exercise-in-cruelty

There are also many naturalised species such as Pigs, goats, rabbits and deer (wild cattle and Buffalo could also be added here) which need to be culled and are taken to centralized freezer boxes scattered throught country Ausralia for petfood and human consumption..

If people dont want to talk about it then just say so but to ignore reality that we need meat but we are happy to let others do the dirty work and then just buy it from the Butcher is a bit silly I think...

and unfortunately I am also a hypocrite I have plenty of poultry on my acreage but just cannot bring myself to kill the young roosters, drakes etc and eat them.....we actually barter them with a honey producer even though we know he will knock them on the head and eat them...

I'd love to grow my own pork and bacon but pigs are just such a friendly animal that I could not rear one and then kill and eat him..I can however shoot a wild pig that is destroying my gardens..what a paradox hey.

and likewise some Asians and Central and South Anerican markets I have also been to have some pretty funky bugs and other unrecognisable stuff...like you say chuck it in a deep frier and how can you go wrong..;):ROFLMAO:

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Interesting post thanks Porky...

Your a city guy arent you Porky (not an insult just an observation).

I grew up around farms in the country so I'm more of a pragmatist when it comes to animals..

BTW There are plenty of examples of sustainable harvested wildlife that are eaten on a daily basis...

Lots of seafood such as Prawns Lobsters and many fish species...its a constant battle to limit quotas with wild stock biomass but if done correctly many native species (both marine and terrestrial) replenish their stocks yearly..

Kangaroos are a good example where the numbers would get totally out of control if left unchecked (plus its cruel to let them starve if there are too many and not enough food)...so yearly culls for farmers and for human and pet consumption take place with quotas based on seasonal conditions and current population numbers....

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...humane-and-sustainable-or-exercise-in-cruelty

There are also many naturalised species such as Pigs, goats, rabbits and deer (wild cattle and Buffalo could also be added here) which need to be culled and are taken to centralized freezer boxes scattered throught country Ausralia for petfood and human consumption..

If people dont want to talk about it then just say so but to ignore reality that we need meat but we are happy to let others do the dirty work and then just buy it from the Butcher is a bit silly I think...

and unfortunately I am also a hypocrite I have plenty of poultry on my acreage but just cannot bring myself to kill the young roosters, drakes etc and eat them.....we actually barter them with a honey producer even though we know he will knock them on the head and eat them...

I'd love to grow my own pork and bacon but pigs are just such a friendly animal that I could not rear one and then kill and eat him..I can however shoot a wild pig that is destroying my gardens..what a paradox hey.

and likewise some Asians and Central and South Anerican markets I have also been to have some pretty funky bugs and other unrecognisable stuff...like you say chuck it in a deep frier and how can you go wrong..;):ROFLMAO:
The seafood industry is over fished to huge levels! Fish stocks of pretty much every fish are a lot lower than they should be!!
The shellfish industry is the exact same over fished. I won't mention the by catch from all net caught commercial fishing!
I didn't grow up in the bush but I grew up in a fishing town and know several commercial fisherman in the lobster industry and charter fishing industry and all have told me there is nothing sustainable about the way we take life from the oceans!
Had several mates who worked in the prawn industry and the stories of the by catch a horrible.

Al that said I still eat seafood. Not a lot of it but I eat it and that contributes to what's happening.

If I lived rurally I would have no problem killing my own food I had raised!
Feral species are free game as far as I'm concerned!
Love the idea of freezers around the place with Rabbit, bore, venison or other feral species!👍
Kangaroos are only over populated because of white people cleared the land and it was perfect conditions for their population to explode.
Starving Kangaroos wouldn't of ever happened in 60k years the aboriginals were here!

3combs

Germinating
User ID
Cool as how this went from english guard's bear skin hat to here. Aussie slouch hat is made of rabbit, probably wouldn't fire up a similar discussion. There are places in alaska black bears are sustainably hunted, by white fellas. Their season begins with bows, which I find ridiculous and cruel but that's me. Imo, hunting is for necessity not thrills and trophies. Including fishing in that. Culling plague numbers or invasive species is different. But every time, the animal must suffer as little as possible. Not run off with an arrow in it for 24 hours. The welfare of a well hunted wild animal, is much better than that of our abattoir animals too. But yeah there's places native and non native animals need reducing in numbers or they'll starve and starve other species. Best a quick end, over slow death from baits, traps, hunting with dogs and so on ... and yeah them bloody poms... heheh

QLD guy

Vegetating
User ID

Cool as how this went from english guard's bear skin hat to here. Aussie slouch hat is made of rabbit, probably wouldn't fire up a similar discussion. There are places in alaska black bears are sustainably hunted, by white fellas. Their season begins with bows, which I find ridiculous and cruel but that's me. Imo, hunting is for necessity not thrills and trophies. Including fishing in that. Culling plague numbers or invasive species is different. But every time, the animal must suffer as little as possible. Not run off with an arrow in it for 24 hours. The welfare of a well hunted wild animal, is much better than that of our abattoir animals too. But yeah there's places native and non native animals need reducing in numbers or they'll starve and starve other species. Best a quick end, over slow death from baits, traps, hunting with dogs and so on ... and yeah them bloody poms... heheh
I have a similar philosophy to yourself mate...I dont like killing things just for the sake of a trophy or just because you can..

For food or pest control are valid reasons IMO

And a rifle of suitable calibre within range and with a proficient enough shooter that can allow a one shot kill should always the goal...

Your point about animal welfare is certainly interesting also....its funny how some folks are up in arms about guns and sustainably hunting wild animals but are then happy to purchase dubiously raised and abbatoir slaughtered meat..

and stuff those poofy pommy bear hats I'll take a Davey crocket hat anyday..:ROFLMAO:davey crocket hat.png

Mellow oldfark

Trichome Enthusiast
User ID
Pretty sure bears arnt being killed for a few dollars.
You may enter a ballot for a minimal amount ?
But thousands of other punter hunters will be in it too.
So depending on location and data obtained from fish and wildlife they then decide how many can be harvested in each location.
These ballots for different game animal species in different locations are keenly contested by many people.
Some species lotterys demand huge amounts of money. Like desert big horn sheep.which in turn puts money into the coffers.
Generally seasons are fairly short as they have different hunting methods that have seperate periods to hunt
Like gun season , bowhunting etc.
Hunting is highly regulated in north america and heavy penalties for not heading the law.
Still i wouldnt kill a bear .
Id rather watch a wild and free one.

QLD guy

Vegetating
User ID
The seafood industry is over fished to huge levels! Fish stocks of pretty much every fish are a lot lower than they should be!!
The shellfish industry is the exact same over fished. I won't mention the by catch from all net caught commercial fishing!
I didn't grow up in the bush but I grew up in a fishing town and know several commercial fisherman in the lobster industry and charter fishing industry and all have told me there is nothing sustainable about the way we take life from the oceans!
Had several mates who worked in the prawn industry and the stories of the by catch a horrible.

Al that said I still eat seafood. Not a lot of it but I eat it and that contributes to what's happening.

If I lived rurally I would have no problem killing my own food I had raised!
Feral species are free game as far as I'm concerned!
Love the idea of freezers around the place with Rabbit, bore, venison or other feral species!👍
Kangaroos are only over populated because of white people cleared the land and it was perfect conditions for their population to explode.
Starving Kangaroos wouldn't of ever happened in 60k years the aboriginals were here!
Porky in Qld the reef fishery is not in too bad a condition apart from Spanish Mackeral apparently and Snapper in SE QLD...

The Spanish catch limits have just last week been decreased by 2/3 for rec boats as well as 2 closed seasons during summer which coincide with spawning times...

Many of the other reef species seem to be in good supply except our bag and boat limits will no doubt be reduced (as they should) as population and fishing pressure grows(lots of southerners moving up here ) ...I do wish netting was stopped entirely up here as you mention the bycatch is a big concern and quite disgusting..I think people that are willing to catch and eat their own should always get preference to pros that supply our export markets(as happens with most shellfish(basically Asia and the USA pay so much for it that aussie cant afford it and miss out )...

Porky we will never get back to previously unfished levels of fish stocks (or land animals)but if managed correctly ( heres hoping) then at least we can get in and around percentage of biomass which is at a sustainable level which allows the different species to replenish themselves....Yeah right you say relying on politians and public servants to get that right...?...just now in QLD they are developing an App for rec fisho's to submit their catch data to give fisheries far more accurate data of whats actually being taken from the oceans...if the obvious mistrust of government can be overcome this could be a very vaulable tool in future fisheries management and should be replicated australia wide.....we really have to start somewhere so dont give up ...conservation is becoming a bigger and bigger issue ...we will need to fight for it though as the hungry hoardes to our North eye off our resources...

R3za92

Baked
User ID
So Americans eat black bears do they??
Yep. Apparently the fat takes on the flavour of what they eat so in spring when they’re feasting on berries it tastes like wild berry. It’s pretty popular in Alaska and Canada

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Only cost ya 5 bucks to shoot one. Only in America
I it cost $5 to apply for a permit. Permits are awarded on a lottery system. There might be 100000 people apply for permits but only 1000 might be given out. Same with all their game hunting including deer. It’s actually a really good system and has kept multiple species from extinction due to over hunting. Deer numbers have almost double since the introduction of the permit system.

R3za92

Baked
User ID

That’s not true. 300million Americans yet their permitted hunting system has actually allowed population increases of grizzly, brown and black bears, wolfs, coyotes, and multiple species of deer to continue to increase year on year. More people apply for permits each year and more are granted yet the populations keep rising. Why? Because it’s correctly and sustainably managed and there’s a limit on permits issued as well as a whole law enforcement agency dedicated to making sure those permits are abided by and to target poaching.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
That’s not true. 300million Americans yet their permitted hunting system has actually allowed population increases of grizzly, brown and black bears, wolfs, coyotes, and multiple species of deer to continue to increase year on year. More people apply for permits each year and more are granted yet the populations keep rising. Why? Because it’s correctly and sustainably managed and there’s a limit on permits issued as well as a whole law enforcement agency dedicated to making sure those permits are abided by and to target poaching.
Numbers to increase from almost being extinct from over hunting in the first place!! 🤣

Top Bottom