Best set-up for fifo work

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
they sure are.

use the discount code also. I went to checkout to make sure it was working and there is even discounts when you buy more than 2 bags on top of the 15% TSE discount. Post was quite reasonable too.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Carbcon

Curing
User ID
Depends.

This is a can of worms worse than hydro and dwc if you ask me.

Probably not the best to ask me. I do a lot of work but fruit and veg production always happening for me in soil and grow some of the individual components for the most part for mulch and top dress.

I mix the soil with enough for min 2 good runs.

Sometimes I top dress some kelp and or comfrey but feel it maybe not necessary for flower.

I also feel that soil gets better/easier with time.

To answer your question more closely.

A good soil mix like easy as have won't need a flower boost or a veg boost for that matter in first or 2nd run with water only, if looked after by keeping away from under/over watering.

No harm in a top dress of kelp, pre flower, or any time really.

I usually give a lil when potting up maybe and don't have a specified time to give anything.

I feel,after a few runs, I'm just giving lil top ups in small amounts making sure everything is covered. Nothing getting too low kinda and have gone ok I reckon.

Have only just gone to a 56l pot from the previous maximum of 30l.

But big mulch always with Lucerne and oats and anything else , any plant trimmings etc

It's feeding the soil more than anything.

It fits my lifestyle and if I'm seen hauling pots of soil around, it don't look dodgy.

Miningpieces

Blooming
User ID
Depends.

This is a can of worms worse than hydro and dwc if you ask me.

Probably not the best to ask me. I do a lot of work but fruit and veg production always happening for me in soil and grow some of the individual components for the most part for mulch and top dress.

I mix the soil with enough for min 2 good runs.

Sometimes I top dress some kelp and or comfrey but feel it maybe not necessary for flower.

I also feel that soil gets better/easier with time.

To answer your question more closely.

A good soil mix like easy as have won't need a flower boost or a veg boost for that matter in first or 2nd run with water only, if looked after by keeping away from under/over watering.

No harm in a top dress of kelp, pre flower, or any time really.

I usually give a lil when potting up maybe and don't have a specified time to give anything.

I feel,after a few runs, I'm just giving lil top ups in small amounts making sure everything is covered. Nothing getting too low kinda and have gone ok I reckon.

Have only just gone to a 56l pot from the previous maximum of 30l.

But big mulch always with Lucerne and oats and anything else , any plant trimmings etc

It's feeding the soil more than anything.

It fits my lifestyle and if I'm seen hauling pots of soil around, it don't look dodgy.
Hmmmm very interesting, thanks for the response. Do you do any of those teas I’ve seen on YouTube? Those molasses and worm casting teas to feed microbial life? I’ve watched a few guys on YouTube like mr canucks grow out of interest for the subject.

Carbcon

Curing
User ID
Ya they all work, can make a million different types of aerated tea etc.

There's no wrong thing as long as things are kept in balance.

First principals and plant inspection perhaps a tad more important to spot potential issues

Quokk@

Vegetating
User ID
I've had great results with Easy As too. This type of soil works best in bigger containers but is still really good in smaller fabric pots. Blumats are brilliant when dialed in properly but can be subject to runaways if a hose fails (this is more likely to happen when hooked up to a tap which runs at a higher pressure than a res).

Suggest if you do go the Blumats, have provision for emergency drain away or you'll flood ya grow space if there's a mishap.

Mlgv2

Seedling
User ID
I'm not a fifo worker but am (was) away for work sometimes 2 weeks at a time. My current setup I reckon would work. 100L res box with bucket on top and timer to water doing recirc. If you can afford the space to have one of those 100L res for each plant it'll remain more stable. MLG

elsooto

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I'm not a fifo worker but am (was) away for work sometimes 2 weeks at a time. My current setup I reckon would work. 100L res box with bucket on top and timer to water doing recirc. If you can afford the space to have one of those 100L res for each plant it'll remain more stable. MLG
He's back! How ya been ?

Quokk@

Vegetating
User ID
Check out the AutoPot system. Melbourne supplier. I leave mine for up to 4 weeks. No pumps just gravity feed. Starter kit $110.00 plus post and your up and running.
Do you have the ones with the 2 pots per valve Waratah? Also, what substrate are you running mate?

Quokk@

Vegetating
User ID
2/3 perlite ,1/3 vermiculite..

probably shoulda put less vermiculite ,,,dunno.
Reason I’m asking is that I just bought a kit last year for my next indoor run when the weather cools down. Planning to use 1/3 perlite 2/3 coco. Guess I’m locked in now so I’ll just see how it goes.

drgreenthumb

All time Shittest Trimmer.
User ID
Not trying to be a smart arse, but on a FIFO mining salary, you would be better off buying a pound bag each year for your personal use. Especially if you're not near grow site most of the time. Propagation, potting up, trimming fan/shade leaves, training and harvest would be difficult if you're not there most of the time.
It’s about the love of growing though Fox!!!

drgreenthumb

All time Shittest Trimmer.
User ID
^ Try getting a job there. I bet your police wage you wouldn't :)
the hell are you talking about? I’ve done FIFO for 15 years and never had a police check once aside from a project on the wharfs which ya can’t work on without one. Companies can’t just look at your police record and even if they did they don’t give a shit about a minor drug charge. They’re looking for serious charges and pending charges

Clementine

Blooming
User ID
^ Mate think you been smoking too many bongs...

Quote: "Might" fuck your chances. Cannabis stays in your system for a long time. Unless you sweat the THC out of your flab. You won't pass the drug test to get in and again, i'm not talking all mine sites, i'm just talking most. That's until the THC leaves your system.

Your absolutely correct. A minor drug conviction probably won't fuck your chances of getting in. But it just might.

Top Bottom