Best set-up for fifo work

Miningpieces

Blooming
User ID
Does anyone do fifo work and still grow? What type of setup do you have? I’m going to a 2-1 roster (2 weeks work 1 week off). Misses isn’t interested in running the grow tent while I’m away and I don’t want to go crazy hi-tech.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Does anyone do fifo work and still grow? What type of setup do you have? I’m going to a 2-1 roster (2 weeks work 1 week off). Misses isn’t interested in running the grow tent while I’m away and I don’t want to go crazy hi-tech.
Rdwc with all the associated auto dosers/monitors for nutrient and ph. Pretty much automate everything with a float valve on your main res to keep it up to level.

alternatively you could go dtw coco or soil with a huge Fuckoff res but the downside is your not around if you start having issues without the auto dosers.

Clementine

Blooming
User ID
Wouldn't want to get a drug conviction. Might fuck your chances of getting a FIFO job. They are anal about that sorta thing these days.

Madmick

Baked
User ID
a few guys have managed it , but the missus got to be on her toes

Bushwhacked on osa had a few diaries , he ran 2 res , drain to waste , not sure of the sizes though , from memory he used gravity and floats to manage the res

He didn't need any of other that to crap as suggested by now it all

As usual reza , talking about shit you only read about

Miningpieces

Blooming
User ID
Rdwc with all the associated auto dosers/monitors for nutrient and ph. Pretty much automate everything with a float valve on your main res to keep it up to level.

alternatively you could go dtw coco or soil with a huge Fuckoff res but the downside is your not around if you start having issues without the auto dosers.
Like oz had set-up with all those gadgets?

Miningpieces

Blooming
User ID
a few guys have managed it , but the missus got to be on her toes

Bushwhacked on osa had a few diaries , he ran 2 res , drain to waste , not sure of the sizes though , from memory he used gravity and floats to manage the res

He didn't need any of other that to crap as suggested by now it all

As usual reza , talking about shit you only read about
Ok I’ll go see if I can find his diary and check it out. Cheers

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Like oz had set-up with all those gadgets?
Yeah kinda. One of the better ones I’ve seen here is drgreenthumbs. It’s about doing what’s going to work best for you but a 2 week gap is a decent amount of time for something to go wrong in a dtw res setup, I’d say a ph monitor/doser would be handy either way.

Miningpieces

Blooming
User ID
Yeah kinda. One of the better ones I’ve seen here is drgreenthumbs. It’s about doing what’s going to work best for you but a 2 week gap is a decent amount of time for something to go wrong in a dtw res setup, I’d say a ph monitor/doser would be handy either way.
How much are those set-ups? Fukn misses I’ll have to convince her

Clementine

Blooming
User ID
They care more about you having a license then a conviction in my experiences. I’ve only ever had 1 police check

Depends on the mine site. It's hard getting a foot in the door and if your up against a whole host of other cunts they will knock you back with a drug conviction.

I'm sure your qualifications and credentials if you were, etc, are more important to them then whether you grew a few mullies or took the decisive decision to dice up a few elbows to sell. Still, it's a representation to them of your ethics and behavior. Either way, if you get done. It's a smudge on your record and until it's a spent conviction, they may turn a wrinkly nose too it.

I can imagine oil and gas wouldn't be much different, if anything, more so.

Don't reckon there are too many industries left, other then construction that treat those with a drug conviction fairly. Weren't they talking about revoking licenses for electricians and plumbers to those who associate or affiliate with a criminal organization? Bloody government and bureaucracy. Whatever happened to drug dealers getting given a second chance and making a good honest wage.

Back to the topic of discussion. You could automate everything. Run DWC buckets perhaps???

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Not trying to be a smart arse, but on a FIFO mining salary, you would be better off buying a pound bag each year for your personal use. Especially if you're not near grow site most of the time. Propagation, potting up, trimming fan/shade leaves, training and harvest would be difficult if you're not there most of the time.

Miningpieces

Blooming
User ID
Not trying to be a smart arse, but on a FIFO mining salary, you would be better off buying a pound bag each year for your personal use. Especially if you're not near grow site most of the time. Propagation, potting up, trimming fan/shade leaves, training and harvest would be difficult if you're not there most of the time.
Trimming fucking sucks. I’d rather do it on my week off then my weekend off. I love the grow mate I really enjoyed my last one and am hooked now 🤙

Carbcon

Curing
User ID
Can go even easier than that billy. Gravity fed blumats, have read heaps and just set first ones up.

Have 100l res feeding 4x 56l pots in a 1.2 with 630w. Moisture metres in every pot. 1x maxi blumat with 3-5 drippers.

Once set up and dialled in should only top res up.

Can still hand water over the system too.

Top Bottom