Aussie Bugs

brick

Germinating
User ID
the pests that i tackle each year are mainly caterpillars and white fly and see the odd red spider mite oh and for a couple of years I had spring tails giving me grief
Yeah loopers and black scale are my nemesis. Spider mites are taken care of with thorough leaf investigating and crushing between index finger and thumb. Or if really bad pure neem oil or eco neem.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

brick

Germinating
User ID
Good reads on this site.

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Don't know about u guys, but i'm having a baby grasshopper invasion

Must be one big mother grasshopper chilling somewhere smoke hangin outta her mouth, turning it on 4 all stud hoppers, and pumping out offspring

I swear i've squashed [with a little enjoyement], around 47 of em
Not sure what 2 spray em with as most plants in pre-flower

D

Deleted member cpr

I've used Budlink and Cyco silica. I prefer budlink. It costs more but messes with pH a bit less than cyco. Either will do the trick.

D

Deleted member cpr

You're after a soil amendment? Not sure about that one.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Foliar spray potassium silicate.👍 Ive used it outdoors. on rotation with aloe vera. No need to ph either before spray - just mix with water as per recommended rate. Apply at lights out( or sunset). I sourced both from Aus companies selling on eBay. Don't apply once flowering starts.

Quokk@

Vegetating
User ID
Foliar spray potassium silicate.👍 Ive used it outdoors. on rotation with aloe vera. No need to ph either before spray - just mix with water as per recommended rate. Apply at lights out( or sunset). I sourced both from Aus companies selling on eBay. Don't apply once flowering starts.
Thanks old fox, I’ll hunt some down. Is it a once off spray or a regular thing you do over the grow?

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
yep sedge rice hull release silica as they break own , they do take a long time to break down though , you can use them for aeration in soil mixes

you can use NTS Potassium silicate reasonably regularly , can be used to help emulsify oils for pest spraying , need to be a little careful with bottled silica , i think i read it's used for steel cutting & in some cases collected after cutting , bottled & sold to the Ag industry , not sure if that's still the case
silica helps to strengthen cell walls making it harder for bugs to penetrate , what were you looking at it for quokk@

aloe is always a good plant health tonic

Quokk@

Vegetating
User ID
@itchybro I’m all about the stronger the plant the less susceptibility to pests approach. Totally makes sense. I’m planning on growing a lot of food for my family this summer so this wisdom would surely work for my tomatoes, chilies and the rest of the gang 🌱

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Thanks old fox, I’ll hunt some down. Is it a once off spray or a regular thing you do over the grow?
I applied them week about, on itchibro"s advice. Also used neem cake in the soil before planting, which I applied again this year. Worked against small pests, however doesn't deter Wallabies and hares...lol.

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Has anyone else discovered small brown worms [not really pillars] in their buds
They leave brown stringy looking dead pistils with white spider web like lattice
I've noticed they leave holes in stems and completely fuk your buds like mold or bud-rot

Sorry 4 newbie-like exasperance on this subject, but never had em before
Easy 2 spot as a single leaf on cola will turn brown,pale yellow similar 2 bud-rot

Could they be moth,butterfly love children ? Appreciate any help

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Has anyone else discovered small brown worms [not really pillars] in their buds
They leave brown stringy looking dead pistils with white spider web like lattice
I've noticed they leave holes in stems and completely fuk your buds like mold or bud-rot

Sorry 4 newbie-like exasperance on this subject, but never had em before
Easy 2 spot as a single leaf on cola will turn brown,pale yellow similar 2 bud-rot

Could they be moth,butterfly love children ? Appreciate any help
Sounds like small caterpillars bob.

Top Bottom