Aussie Bugs

Bomber

Vegetating
User ID
Has anyone else discovered small brown worms [not really pillars] in their buds
Dealing with the same thing here, bob.

I thought they were pretty easy to spot till I started getting paranoid and began checking between 'budlets", where I then discovered lots, hidden inside.

My advice would be to have another look, before the little fuckers eat you out of house and home.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Dealing with the same thing here, bob.

I thought they were pretty easy to spot till I started getting paranoid and began checking between 'budlets", where I then discovered lots, hidden inside.

My advice would be to have another look, before the little fuckers eat you out of house and home.
Spray Dipel heavily- every single week. Rain easily washes it off. Hard to spot the slimy buggers once they get inside the buds. Stop application 2 to 3 weeks before harvest.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Spray Dipel heavily- every single week. Rain easily washes it off. Hard to spot the slimy buggers once they get inside the buds. Stop application 2 to 3 weeks before harvest.
Yeah it works that shit. I had caterpillars all over me zucchini and cucumber 2 sprays and they were history.

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I can't believe the damage these little worm,pillars have created
think they been chewing on old fox,fark, racehorse steroid shit
Been throwing out entire colas elbow slappers. Not only destroying bud from inside out, but everywhere they go pistils turn shitty brown and look like a bedoin camels armpit

Is it the rain that brings em out?, cause looks a lot like bud rot but there's a worm chilling in it surrounded by brown mossy looking crap

Can't really treat em as they already past harvest time, as Bomber stated buds look ok until u pull budlets apart and wham, disappointment city

Is smoking pillars better 4 u than bud rot?

brick

Germinating
User ID
Yep small fuckers. They burrow in the sticky buds and try to build cocoons and shit and piss everywhere. I used Dipel at the start of the season but missed a few sprays and it was too fucking late. I needed to be more vigilant.

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Thanks heaps 4 all ure input my fellow canna connisours
I could show u some pics that would bring tears 2 ure eyes but i refuse 2 give these bloody pillars any air time 4 pillar propaganda
Bad enough trimming 4 an hour on a decent cola only 2 find u gotta bin it cause it's pillar paradise on inside.....[note 2 bob, check inside first]
Can't spray em as already past chop time

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Thanks heaps 4 all ure input my fellow canna connisours
I could show u some pics that would bring tears 2 ure eyes but i refuse 2 give these bloody pillars any air time 4 pillar propaganda
Bad enough trimming 4 an hour on a decent cola only 2 find u gotta bin it cause it's pillar paradise on inside.....[note 2 bob, check inside first]
Can't spray em as already past chop time
Fuckin spewing mate. Sounds like it’s been a cunt of an outside season this year.

Bomber

Vegetating
User ID
I only have 3 plants outside, but have found previously that once the buds get dense, any moisture, if not dried off properly somehow, often results in bud rot, given the humidity up here.

I have them outside obviously, but if the rain starts, I bring em under cover.
That being the case, how would I use this product, given my neuroticness about keeping em dry, yet needing the rain to wash em off?

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
I only have 3 plants outside, but have found previously that once the buds get dense, any moisture, if not dried off properly somehow, often results in bud rot, given the humidity up here.

I have them outside obviously, but if the rain starts, I bring em under cover.
That being the case, how would I use this product, given my neuroticness about keeping em dry, yet needing the rain to wash em off? If left outside uncovered, rain will wash it off, and can reapply every 5 days. Otherwise just give plants a brief spray with hose at harvest time. But sounds like youre talking about bud rot, so Dipel won't help that - it just kills caterpillars. If you're getting internal bud rot in a pot outdoors, you may need more aeration in your medium.

Bomber

Vegetating
User ID
No, Old fox, I meant if I use the Dipel, I am then having to either leave the plants outside in the rain to wash it off, or hose em down.

Either way, ive found if your buds are chunkier, indica leaning plants, which is what the pillars target, then that water/rain, in my high humidity conditions in QLD can lead to bud rot.
I don't have bud rot, I have caterpillars, but I commented as I was worried that your solution, whilst sound, may lead me to other mould issues whilst zapping the pillars.

Raniformis

Curing
User ID
I reckon it's just structure, dense bud, trapped pistils and trapped leaf cause mold, that GG of mine is an absolute mold trap, there's not enough room for the bud.

Anyways, I'm pulling super nerd outta the hat.... This is from a ridiculously dense OG, trapped yellow leaf and dead black pistils.
20210226_074217.jpg

Zoomed in you can see the hyphae spreading?
20210226_074136.jpg

Then they turn into grey fuzzy mold and full blown budrot?
20210226_074322.jpg
20210226_074254.jpg
20210226_074558.jpg

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Pain in the arse. Non stop rain and high humidity bringing it on ATM. I got a small plant that doesn't get early morning sun also starting to rot. Better forecast this week with less rain should be ok for remaining plants

D

Deleted member cpr

Yeah, god hates farmers and tries to smite them fast and often. IMO it's better to remove that cunt from the equation for less heartache and more consistent results.

Raniformis

Curing
User ID
Yeah you can't really leave anything sitting water logged for days and expect good results.

These type of plants do okay here, plenty of space for bud to stack and swell.20210226_090808.jpg20210226_091006.jpg

These go shit, if it wasn't for the grow off thread I would have got rid of it weeks ago.20210226_090902.jpg

Joe Dirte

Curing
User ID
So on topic here same shit pistils turning brown and dying Causing bud rot and a fucked yield (first day of proper sun in weeks!!)FC3498EC-96BE-451C-948D-9420D0DCE4AA.jpegD5117FCE-7DB9-4D27-B30E-E36DAC5A9CB8.jpeg

Than there is these guys, what the duck are they? Never have I ever seen these little mushy turds đź’© I just sprayed everything last night with pyrethrum for a kill hopefully. Gonna follow up with neem oil tonight
View attachment IMG_5326.MOVView attachment IMG_5329.MOV

Madmick

Baked
User ID
Fuck me Joe , having some bad luck

I get it sometimes on my big rose vine , I got to cut back all the damage and spray the rest

Not exactly practical for you atm , but I believe its about all you can do

Yrs like this is when it appears

Top Bottom