1st time grower needing advice on which growing medium to start with

Pikey

Baked
User ID
Be it reg, fem, photo or auto EVERY seed has a natural inbuilt potential to hermie. Some more than others due to breeding, but all have the potential. It's the plant's survival mechanism. Therefore logic would dictate that environmental factors must play a determining, if not decisive, role in a resultant hermie :unsure:.

Since everyone is piling in on 7east this week, I'll ad my 2c for a bit of balance.

I've grown several of their strains several times and have never had a single one of them hermie. I've grown them in a coots mix both indoors & out, and also with coco and salts indoors. I've had some under full spectrum LEDs and others under HLG Rspec. Never had anything but quality results ...have even chucked some pollen around with 7east gear and yet to see a hermie in any of the offspring 🤷‍♂️.

Just a thought, has anyone contacted @7eastgenetics about their hermie issues? Could possibly be a contaminated batch of seed from an unnoticed hermie 🤷‍♂️. Did you all buy your seeds around the same time? I haven't bought any this year so could be a new issue. Either way I'm sure they would like to now about it so they can investigate for themselves.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Hash 710

Vegetating
User ID
You sound like a real fuckwit. Nobody I know grows FEMS for hero status. You win today's brain dead award. Fuck off idiot.

You seem like a nice person, a bit touchy maybe.
I can see why this forum has never got anywhere, its abusive dickheads like you

It was breed fems for hero status not grow them ya fool

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID

You seem like a dickhead. Full stop. How about more grow pics, and less mouthy dribble from you. Then I'll engage you with respect.

Hash 710

Vegetating
User ID
So you don't think stress testing your breeding plants is a good idea ?
it doesn't matter if they're fems or regs, if you weed out the ones with hermie tendencies, there is less chance of seeding the whole crop up.

Just a thought, but you carry on breeding however you like.

By the way fool, I grow fems or regs not fussed which, but seen a lot more hermies out of the fems, especially inside

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
it doesn't matter if they're fems or regs, if you weed out the ones with hermie tendencies, there is less chance of seeding the whole crop up.

By the way fool, I grow fems or regs not fussed which, but seen a lot more hermies out of the fems, especially inside
Without any grow photos son, you're just white noise. Facebook chat pages might be a better fit for you. The Aus FB cannabis pages are all very light on photos, but very heavy on opinions. The "Attach files" button on TSE still works, last time I looked.

Hash 710

Vegetating
User ID
Without any grow photos son, you're just white noise. Facebook chat pages might be a better fit for you. The Aus FB cannabis pages are all very light on photos, but very heavy on opinions. The "Attach files" button on TSE still works, last time I looked.
Its winter I got nothing on the go at the moment, I'll do a grow diary for the next crop. maybe
My bad didn't know you needed a pic to have an opinion

Pixie

Baked
User ID

Doesn't your thread title say that your a first time grower looking for advice? But then you state that you have used regs and fems ? I'm a bit confused which one are you? By the way Fox is one of the more experienced growers on here maybe if you had a look at some of his threads you might fucking learn something.

Hash 710

Vegetating
User ID
Doesn't your thread title say that your a first time grower looking for advice? But then you state that you have used regs and fems ? I'm a bit confused which one are you? By the way Fox is one of the more experienced growers on here maybe if you had a look at some of his threads you might fucking learn something.
Settle down Pixie, its not my thread

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Its winter I got nothing on the go at the moment, I'll do a grow diary for the next crop. maybe
My bad didn't know you needed a pic to have an opinion
Generally don't need a photo to have an opinion......unless it's a stupid opinion like yours. Then photos are mandatory. Plenty of motives for breeders to work with FEMs. I doubt the *hero* status that you claim is their main motivator, as I can think of plenty of other valid reason to work with FEMs.

Pixie

Baked
User ID

Why say that the forum has never got anywhere when you only joined up a month ago? You're a clown 🤡 . Reddit is the place for you 🤣🤣

bushbob

Vegetating
User ID

I've always run fem seed and never had a hermi even with shitty growing conditions.
Doing my first grow with reg seed and got my first 2 hermis. Could just be bad luck but it does make one think twice about using reg seed.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
There's a number of reasons why self proclaimed reg seed purists wanna have a go at FEM growers. Main reason is the lack of oxygen to their brain when seeds clog up their cone piece.😉
My apologies to all reg seed growers who choose to grow reg seeds WITHOUT the arrogant smug faux -superiority. The message above is not directed at you. Lots of different and valid reasons that we grow, including legitimate reasons for growing regs. But seems to be small group of pin dicks in Aus that think their reg seed choice, somehow makes them a rockstar.

Hash 710

Vegetating
User ID
I think I've got it now.
Regs = Rockstar
fems = hero

There is no difference in the end product, if bred and grown correctly, I grow both, does that make me a Rockstar hero :ROFLMAO:

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
I think I've got it now.
Regs = Rockstar
fems = hero

There is no difference in the end product, if bred and grown correctly, I grow both, does that make me a Rockstar hero :ROFLMAO:
Got any previous photos of plants ?

Top Bottom