1st time grower needing advice on which growing medium to start with

Dmase

Vegetating
Community Member
User ID
Maybe a tad overwatered and EC a tad hot for smallish plant.
Leaves are clawing and looks like a little clorosis
let it dry out some.
then feed pH,d water.
Then gradually build on EC.
don't forget if your hand watering every 7 days flush with pH,d water to control mineral salt build up.✌️can't see cal/mag signs yet.
I'm in coco/perlite and currently watering every second day with only about 1/4 dosage on their recommended feed chart with no run off.
Yesterday was my first watering with run off and I upped the nutes to half recommended dosage with calmag.
If anything I thought I was underwatering but definitely will make sure I'm not overwatering from now on.
Should I flush once a week with just ph water you think?
Appreciate your advice!

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

OZIOZIAUTO

Baked
User ID
Yeah I just popped down and got some distilled water this morning. I'll try figure a way to get a little rain water tank setup. Might go with the portable RO system Pikey suggested also. Abit lighter on the wallet
Closest to r/o u will get is

Stik a bucket under the the Reverse cycle air con catch the water
Bingo 2-5 ppms 😎

Don't do this at home wait for good advice 😜

Dmase

Vegetating
Community Member
User ID
1/4 dosage in a small pot I'm calling hungry
Slowly increasing the dosage. Tap water is so hard here so trying to keep it around the recommended ec. Have been harvesting abit of rain water so can slowly crank up the dosage with each feed. Cheers for the input mate!

Dmase

Vegetating
Community Member
User ID
Closest to r/o u will get is

Stik a bucket under the the Reverse cycle air con catch the water
Bingo 2-5 ppms 😎

Don't do this at home wait for good advice 😜
Thanks for the idea mate! Been collecting abit of rain water so mixing that with the tap water.

Dmase

Vegetating
Community Member
User ID
Roughly 7 weeks in and a few are starting to show sex. Can identify 2 females so far but thinking this one's a male, can any of you seasoned pros confirm.. Need to start culling a few in preparation to flipping in the next 2-3 weeks to 12/12 I'm thinking. Working with limited space! Surprised I haven't killed any yet🤣

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230715-135953_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230715-135953_Gallery.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 74
  • 20230713_193657.jpg
    20230713_193657.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 70

Squire

Curing
Community Member
User ID
looks like a male but only one nut so may be confused . Plant are looking really healthy . Nice one(y)

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Roughly 7 weeks in and a few are starting to show sex. Can identify 2 females so far but thinking this one's a male, can any of you seasoned pros confirm.. Need to start culling a few in preparation to flipping in the next 2-3 weeks to 12/12 I'm thinking. Working with limited space! Surprised I haven't killed any yet🤣
Looks freakazoid,
that ball is in the wrong position ,,id break it off and keep an eye on the plant for more ,,you might not get any! but if you do I’d cull it.

Dmase

Vegetating
Community Member
User ID
Looks freakazoid,
that ball is in the wrong position ,,id break it off and keep an eye on the plant for more ,,you might not get any! but if you do I’d cull it.
Will do! Trust me to have a freak of a plant🤦‍♂️
Going to try a get fem seeds for next run. Regs are to much of a mess around when you only have limited space. Appreciate your response.

Dmase

Vegetating
Community Member
User ID
The freak plant popped another ball below the misplaced ball so I think it's time to cull it?
Also in the second pic is a different plant. Are they balls as well? Should I cull the two fuckers and be done with them.
I feel really silly asking and it may be annoying to some people but it's my first time growing and just want to be 100% sure before I get rid of them.
Cheers fellas

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230720-204559_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230720-204559_Gallery.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20230720-204549_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230720-204549_Gallery.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 39

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
If u can totally isolate from females then maybe keep em going, but i would bin them if u had another couple keepers.....yeah its hard but not worth the risk
Never apologise 4 asking questions, we all did it at one stage, hell i still do it
Good luck

Dmase

Vegetating
Community Member
User ID
If u can totally isolate from females then maybe keep em going, but i would bin them if u had another couple keepers.....yeah its hard but not worth the risk
Never apologise 4 asking questions, we all did it at one stage, hell i still do it
Good luck
Appreciate your response mate👍 Just don't want to be that annoying dude asking these rookie questions.

Dmase

Vegetating
Community Member
User ID
Just over two weeks into flower and pretty sure one of my plants went hermie☹️ First grow and I'm pretty gutted to say the least. Running super lemon dragon from 7eastgenetics. Definitely no light leaks, could be due to stress being my first time growing but either way very disheartening. It was a sausage fest, started with 7 plants got two females and now one has hermed. I saw it this morning and plucked it, didnt see any other balls but haven't had a chance to have a proper good look. Should I fuck it off straight away or can I keep it for now and see if more balls develop? Still got a bunch of 7eastgenetics seeds but a little unsure on running them again next run now seeing so many herms on here lately.
Sorry about the pic being abit blurry, shit phone and couldnt get it to focus.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230822-140019_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230822-140019_Gallery.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 25

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Just over two weeks into flower and pretty sure one of my plants went hermie☹️ First grow and I'm pretty gutted to say the least. Running super lemon dragon from 7eastgenetics. Definitely no light leaks, could be due to stress being my first time growing but either way very disheartening. It was a sausage fest, started with 7 plants got two females and now one has hermed. I saw it this morning and plucked it, didnt see any other balls but haven't had a chance to have a proper good look. Should I fuck it off straight away or can I keep it for now and see if more balls develop? Still got a bunch of 7eastgenetics seeds but a little unsure on running them again next run now seeing so many herms on here lately.
Sorry about the pic being abit blurry, shit phone and couldnt get it to focus.
The amount of recent herm posts regarding 7east seeds is insane, so glad I didn't waste my time with them at this point.. I would probably not bother with the others unless you had the space to segregate their Hermie's away from your other plants.. 🚮🚮

Top Bottom