1st time grower needing advice on which growing medium to start with

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Gazza

Forum Pisshead
User ID
Call ya local water company mate, tell ‘em the water is all fucked up they need to get the ec down or your paying the bill!

Dmase

Vegetating
Community Member
User ID
Those caravan filters are good at removing sediment and chlorine but, in general, GAC and CBF filters (Carbon) won't greatly reduce the TDS in your water. You would need to use an RO system to remove TDS and significantly drop your EC.

You can pick up a portable RO system with GAC filters for under $100 on the bay or around $130 with a CBF filter (y).
Cheers Pikey will look into the portable RO system

Dmase

Vegetating
Community Member
User ID
Call ya local water company mate, tell ‘em the water is all fucked up they need to get the ec down or your paying the bill!
They probably ain't going to give two fucks about one cunt complaining about the quality of water. Might get a small rain water tank set up but being in an apartment makes it a little difficult. I'm on top floor but drainage from roof goes down the side of the building. Third world problems hey😂

Gazza

Forum Pisshead
User ID
What about using distilled water untill they get bigger then just go with the tap water, the RO system could be worth it if you drink a lot of water. Or the rain water is a good idea if you can hook up a small tank to it?

Dmase

Vegetating
Community Member
User ID
What about using distilled water untill they get bigger then just go with the tap water, the RO system could be worth it if you drink a lot of water. Or the rain water is a good idea if you can hook up a small tank to it?
Yeah I just popped down and got some distilled water this morning. I'll try figure a way to get a little rain water tank setup. Might go with the portable RO system Pikey suggested also. Abit lighter on the wallet

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Bunnings had a portable 200 ltre vynal setup on legs
Kids got me one for dad day but u need a leaky gutter for it to fill up
It’s got a sieve thing on top to keep all the shit out and hose friendly spout on bottom
Works good

Dmase

Vegetating
Community Member
User ID
Bunnings had a portable 200 ltre vynal setup on legs
Kids got me one for dad day but u need a leaky gutter for it to fill up
It’s got a sieve thing on top to keep all the shit out and hose friendly spout on bottom
Works good
Cheers mate! Don't really have a gutter to work with. I searched the bay yesterday and saw aqua tanks have a 50% sale on atm. Probably get one of their tanks and figure out a way to harvest the water into the tank.

Dmase

Vegetating
Community Member
User ID
Morning crew, would anybody know what this deficiency is? Around 3 weeks into veg, medium is coco/perlite, ec around 1.3, ph 6.2
Only started to show yesterday on 3 of 7 plants, only showing on the lower leaves.
Appreciate any input

Attachments

• 20230619_084343.jpg
    20230619_084343.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 21
  • 20230619_084253.jpg
    20230619_084253.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 23
  • 20230618_193819.jpg
    20230618_193819.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 23

Dmase

Vegetating
Community Member
User ID
Check for spider mites or thrips

Otherwise calcium ?
I can't see anything moving around on the leaves or under the leaves with the naked eye. Got a digital microscope coming in the next few days so can get a closer look. Will have another look tonight when lights are on

I've been adding very light dosage of calmag with feedings but didn't the last two feeds. Hopefully it's just a calcium deficiency

OZIOZIAUTO

Baked
User ID
stick a bucket under the Aircon and collect water from it and its at 0.002 ppms at my place almost RO works for me and HER !

Dmase

Vegetating
Community Member
User ID
any calmag issues just add some tap water to it, I do now , fuck the Pro Cal
Thinking it may be a calcium or magnesium deficiency. Already have cal mag here so see how it goes in next few days. If no change will pop down and get some epsom salt and see if that works

Mellow oldfark

Trichome Enthusiast
User ID
Maybe a tad overwatered and EC a tad hot for smallish plant.
Leaves are clawing and looks like a little clorosis
let it dry out some.
then feed pH,d water.
Then gradually build on EC.
don't forget if your hand watering every 7 days flush with pH,d water to control mineral salt build up.✌️can't see cal/mag signs yet.

Last edited:

OZIOZIAUTO

Baked
User ID
Maybe a tad overwatered and EC a tad hot for smallish plant.
Leaves are clawing and looks like a little clorosis
let it dry out some.
then feed pH,d water.
Then gradually build on EC.
don't forget if your hand watering every 7 days flush with pH,d water to control mineral salt build up.✌️can't see cal/mag signs yet.
Yeppo let the pros tell ya (y)

Top Bottom