šŸ„ Sooty's shroom grow šŸ„

elsooto

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Have you tried growing these ones sooty?

Blue Meanies, aka Copenlandia Cyan.

They are amongst the most potent of the magic mushroom specimens.

I've found em before growing in cow shit after heavy rains in summer, in the hills.
Nah I haven't clem. Only grown the gt so far.. have read about them tho. They look tasty lol šŸ˜‹

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Cheers! I did have a go with the agar plates, I bought some pre made ones and most of em rocked up with contaminants already so that wasn't much good, did have a couple successful ones but put them away and forgot about them šŸ˜’
I don't have a dedicated clean area to work in and I kinda lost interest. Will have another play one day. I went a bit silly buying spore syringes a while back and still have quite a few left in the fridge, if anyone wants some feel free to ask and maybe we can work something out

dont really need a dedicated clean area man. Can do agar isolations in a SAB, with some practice and good technique (Iā€™d recommend looking up correct SAB use on the shroomery) you shouldnā€™t get contamination. Personally Iā€™d never get agar of someone else unless the plates where clean monoā€™s

elsooto

Baked
Community Member
User ID
dont really need a dedicated clean area man. Can do agar isolations in a SAB, with some practice and good technique (Iā€™d recommend looking up correct SAB use on the shroomery) you shouldnā€™t get contamination. Personally Iā€™d never get agar of someone else unless the plates where clean monoā€™s
Yeah I have a sab and have read what you mentioned on the shroomery, but found it frustrating to use.. prob my fault tho think I put the hand holes too high up. With the agar plates, I meant I bought some pre poured ones. Think I got around 30 of them and had to dispose of nearly half of them

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Yeah I have a sab and have read what you mentioned on the shroomery, but found it frustrating to use.. prob my fault tho think I put the hand holes too high up. With the agar plates, I meant I bought some pre poured ones. Think I got around 30 of them and had to dispose of nearly half of them

yeah Sabs can be tricky to get the hang of, I try and get mine so my arms arenā€™t in the air and I can kinda just move my hands at the wrist while doing things in the sav as much as possible. Iā€™ve never really heard anybody having good success with pre made agar plates. I had good luck with the ones I poured myself, think I had 2-3 contaminated plates out of 20 before I layer spores down.

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
The trick with Still air boxes are to keep the air still (as I typed that I cringed inside) but it is really as simple as that. As long as you donā€™t move things around too much and donā€™t hold dirty things over the clean plates they work well. Flow hoods would be preferable but sab still good too.
It really takes patience. I rushed swabbing spores onto agar one day and every single plate was contam city. I also think I had an outside door open which made a draft.
Set up a box on your bathroom vanity, bleach clean the room and shut the door. People even do that on a toilet cistern.

R3za92

Baked
User ID
The trick with Still air boxes are to keep the air still (as I typed that I cringed inside) but it is really as simple as that. As long as you donā€™t move things around too much and donā€™t hold dirty things over the clean plates they work well. Flow hoods would be preferable but sab still good too.
It really takes patience. I rushed swabbing spores onto agar one day and every single plate was contam city. I also think I had an outside door open which made a draft.
Set up a box on your bathroom vanity, bleach clean the room and shut the door. People even do that on a toilet cistern.

patience and practice are key. More so than with growing weed.

D

Deleted member cpr

Hey coops! I'm no expert on identifying them, but that bruising at the bottom there.. if it's blue it should be an active I reckon. Hopefully someone sorts you out soon enough
Yep, it bruises blue. I think its the real deal but I'm an absolute novice so ill wait for a confident response :) Thanks sooty, hope you dont mind me using your thread for a post or two.

D

Deleted member cpr

Iā€™d eat that šŸ¤£
I bloody know ya would. I was scared for ya last time.

Thanks @Dotts I'll round up a few more :) that one is only 10g wet. Readings suggest that it wouldn't be an active dose by itself?

Dotts

HPS turncoat
Community Member
User ID
that one is only 10g wet. Readings suggest that it wouldn't be an active dose by itself?
Yeah get ya goin, usually wet mushroom are 3 to 4 times heavier per dose, 10g wet 2-3g dry. 5-7g is where its at for cubes.

Eat it and report back here in an hour :love:

D

Deleted member cpr

Yeah get ya goin, usually wet mushroom are 3 to 4 times heavier per dose, 10g wet 2-3g dry. 5-7g is where its at for cubes.

Eat it and report back here in an hour :love:
Tasted better than most drugs ive tried, bit nutty. Haven't tripped in about 15 years so this could get interesting. I'll let ya know.

D

Deleted member cpr

An hour later and its definately working. Got that cocoon feel going on, living in my own bubble of weirdness. Quite a nice so far, very chilled, bit confusing visually and im struggling to achieve the easiest of tasks. Im glad I only had the one, plenty for me right now :)

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Hey shroomers. Is this a cube? Found it in a cow paddock.View attachment 10976View attachment 10977View attachment 10978

The last pic was from a few days earlier. Tea cup saucer sized shrooms.
Fuck yeah. Now you know what your looking for. That paddock will probably produce every time the conditions are right. So every time itā€™s hot humid and overcast. Search in the morning befor the heat from midday sets in and burns off some.

just remember that not all shrooms that bruise blue are active so pay attention to cup and Gill colour and gill textures.

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
Very nice find. Ps cubensis (gold tops, cubes etc). Take some spore prints of them or any more you find before you eat them. So many yanks are after wild Aussie varieties of cubes as the circulation of cultivated ones gets very repetitive. Sign up on the shroomery.org and join the Aussie hunting threads. You would be very popular with Aussie prints lol.

Top Bottom