Spider Farmer AKA MARS Hydro AKA BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN CHINESE SHITE!!!!

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Quick update on my SE5000. Initial response to my email was quick, however I hadn't heard anything yet and thought I'd check in with them before the weekend. Got a response and they're saying it will be at least a month and a half before they'll be able to send a replacement bar out :(

So, good and bad I suppose... I'm happy they'll replace the bar, but the month and a half wait (min)... that really does fuck up my plans :( While I'm a bit pissed about the fucked bar and long wait time. I can't blame them for me not checking it when I first got my hands on it 😞

Anyway, swings and roundabouts.
Will the light work without the bar??
I thought that was the idea of those bar lights is you could use less bars if you wanted to.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Pikey

Baked
User ID
Will the light work without the bar??
I thought that was the idea of those bar lights is you could use less bars if you wanted to.
Yeah, that's a good point. But it would kinda defeate the purpose of me buying the light, as I went with the bar style to get a more even coverage across the whole tent :(

You're right though, I can just take off the outer bars. They're not adding much in the first part of the veg really and it'd be wasted light/power anyway. I'll just have to hope the replacement bar turns up before the girls get too big though. It's a suprisingly heavy light and you've got to take her down to add/remove the bars. If the tent is getting full it would be a fuckin' mission :unsure:

Maybe I should just stick my little HLG in there and supplement her with the SF2000... probably a good idea to give that thing a shake down run too, for good measure... you know, while it's still under warranty ;)

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Yeah, that's a good point. But it would kinda defeate the purpose of me buying the light, as I went with the bar style to get a more even coverage across the whole tent :(

You're right though, I can just take off the outer bars. They're not adding much in the first part of the veg really and it'd be wasted light/power anyway. I'll just have to hope the replacement bar turns up before the girls get too big though. It's a suprisingly heavy light and you've got to take her down to add/remove the bars. If the tent is getting full it would be a fuckin' mission :unsure:

Maybe I should just stick my little HLG in there and supplement her with the SF2000... probably a good idea to give that thing a shake down run too, for good measure... you know, while it's still under warranty ;)
I only ment so can use it while you wait for the new bar!!

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Quick update on my SE5000. Initial response to my email was quick, however I hadn't heard anything yet and thought I'd check in with them before the weekend. Got a response and they're saying it will be at least a month and a half before they'll be able to send a replacement bar out :(

So, good and bad I suppose... I'm happy they'll replace the bar, but the month and a half wait (min)... that really does fuck up my plans :( While I'm a bit pissed about the fucked bar and long wait time. I can't blame them for me not checking it when I first got my hands on it 😞

Anyway, swings and roundabouts.

How long had you had it already?

Pikey

Baked
User ID
How long had you had it already?
A bit over 3 months :ROFLMAO: I've just had too much other shit going on and I was too lazy to make a space for the 4x4. I should have checked it out anyway... I know.

But hey, I'm just gonna blame my lazyness on covid or the Ukraine or petrol prices or some shit... it seems to be working for our pollies :LOL:

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
A bit over 3 months :ROFLMAO: I've just had too much other shit going on and I was too lazy to make a space for the 4x4. I should have checked it out anyway... I know.

But hey, I'm just gonna blame my lazyness on covid or the Ukraine or petrol prices or some shit... it seems to be working for our pollies :LOL:

lol. bit of a hide posting your disapointment publicly after its been with you for 3 months... fuck knows what could have happened to it in that time..

Pikey

Baked
User ID
lol. bit of a hide posting your disapointment publicly after its been with you for 3 months... fuck knows what could have happened to it in that time..
How so? It was stored in it's original box, inside and unopened. Just as it would have in their warehouse. How is that any different? The bar is clearly faulty and they have acknowledged as such and they have offered a replacement. My dissapointment is that they sent me a faulty light and I acknowledged that it's my fault that it has distrupted my grow. Whats the issue?

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
just an observation mate. If I posted you something 3 months ago and then you said today it was broken....

you could have dropped it moving it round, fell on it. kids used it as a trampoline, fuck it could have been underwater in the recent flood... anyways, it pays to use and test goods when received.

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
Shouldn't matter how long he's had it. Should have faith shits gonna work straight outta the box. Why shouldn't he post his experience even if it is negative? Just cos there sponsors?

Pretty on par for the aftercare i've experienced with spiderfarmer as well as what I see elsewhere on other sites.

Pikey

Baked
User ID
just an observation mate. If I posted you something 3 months ago and then you said today it was broken....

you could have dropped it moving it round, fell on it. kids used it as a trampoline, fuck it could have been underwater in the recent flood... anyways, it pays to use and test goods when received.
Yeah all good, and I do get where you're coming from. I just see it like this, say I did open it back then and had been using it for the last 3 months and then suddenly those diodes crapped out. It is still under warranty and if they agree that it is a fault in manufacture, as they have in this case, then same rules apply and they would be offering a replacement bar with the same wait time, no?

I didn't prompt them as to what I thought the problem was when I contacted them, they responded that their "engineers" had identified the problem from my photos. I was upfront about when it was purchased (they know anyway) and how it had been stored. If I'd used it as a kick bag or the dog had pissed on it I'm guessing they would have been suss on that type of damage and asked some more questions 🤷‍♂️

Either way, I don't think I've been overly harsh on them have I? I did express some frustration, but I've kept it pretty even-keeled so far I think..?

Anyway, they're honouring the warranty and it's getting sorted. That's all I really care about, everything else is just minor & I'll deal with it (y)

Pikey

Baked
User ID
Little update re: my faulty SE5000... it is now 8 weeks (2 months) since they told me I would have my replacement in "1.5 months". I've contacted them to see what the hold up is and they are no longer responding to any of my emails. However (using another email account) I sent them a message inquiring about buying a SE5000 and they were right onto a reply ...I guess that's their customer service for ya :unsure:

All around a piss poor effort from Spiderfarmer, it would seem once they have your money they don't give two fucks :(

Any input @Chita Spiderfarmer ?

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Little update re: my faulty SE5000... it is now 8 weeks (2 months) since they told me I would have my replacement in "1.5 months". I've contacted them to see what the hold up is and they are no longer responding to any of my emails. However (using another email account) I sent them a message inquiring about buying a SE5000 and they were right onto a reply ...I guess that's their customer service for ya :unsure:

All around a piss poor effort from Spiderfarmer, it would seem once they have your money they don't give two fucks :(

Any input @Chita Spiderfarmer ?
They rat gooks mate what you expect!!
Probably better than having it burn ya house down but!!

Dotts

HPS turncoat
Community Member
User ID
Yep, agree Indy! There that many bad reviews on after sale warranty all ova the net,

Yet people still buy them!

Aftrr 12months when there just outta warranty n none of their light will work.

....or burn your house down!

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Make some noise over on reddit, mate. Fuck em.. got a worldwide audience over there.

r/SpiderFarmerLED

Madmick

Baked
User ID
I had my suspicion right from the go , think this site is nothing more than a money making effort for .......

Pikey

Baked
User ID
Yep, now it all makes sense... Dotts has used all the "spiderfarmer money" to fund a move to quality HLG LEDs :unsure:

Phase 1: Collect underpants "spiderfarmer money"
Phase 2: ?
Phase 3: Profit = spend on HLG Scorpion Diablo ☀️:cool:

...if that's how it went down, then I'm fine with that ;)

Top Bottom