You don't need a spiritual room..

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Never met the bloke, many talk him up. But what i hear about him he sounds like complete arsehole in a realm of his own, no mortal man will ever surpass him. Live this way, do this, don't do that, etc.. only to get judged at the end of it all. After all that rot, who'd want to hang out with him? You'd have to have rocks in your head to buy into it.

Anyway, i could never live up to his expectations. I'd rather deal with the here and now, and what's in front of me. At least one can see what they've got to deal with. Sorry, i am a practical man.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Sugar

Baked
User ID
Never met the bloke, many talk him up. But what i hear about him he sounds like complete arsehole in a realm of his own, no mortal man will ever surpass him. Live this way, do this, don't do that, etc.. only to get judged at the end of it all. After all that rot, who'd want to hang out with him? You'd have to have rocks in your head to buy into it.

Anyway, i could never live up to his expectations. I'd rather deal with the here and now, and what's in front of me. At least one can see what they've got to deal with. Sorry, i am a practical man.

why should a mortal man aspire to surpass God?
right back in the garden of eden we go trying to be God listening to satan pfft...

edit with more bible scripture:
Isaiah 29:16
You turn things around!
Shall the potter be considered as equal with the clay,
That what is made would say to its maker, “He did not make me”;
Or what is formed say to him who formed it, “He has no understanding”?

Last edited:

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Wasting it on the wrong person, Sugar. If anyone thinks they're above the average joe, i simply have no time for them. As time usually proves they weren't worth it in the long run. That being the case It would appear your god is shit outta luck with me then..

Sugar

Baked
User ID
God is not mortal person like us Indy and nothing is wasted when talking best can about God with good intentions and clean heart.
I'm not trying to "convert" anyone but I am defending my faith and I am speaking what I believe and try best as can in life and I'm answering lots of questions too.
It's good people are enquiring.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
The one where good christian souls seem to think they need to analyse me, then over a short time come up with a angle/theory where they think god can help me with with my life. Just so they can feel all warm 'n fuzzy in knowing that they saved another soul by doing god's work.

It's well trodden path that see's these good christian souls that end up alienate themselves from all of their family and friends in time. I know 3 people that have done just that (2 family, 1 friend). And yet they never understand why, and then the 'blame' game usually transcends..

Sugar

Baked
User ID
Hey Porky,
You still just quoting Richard Dawkins post and limiting yourself to science and mankinds thinking etc without exploring the obvious spiritual side of life.
What are you bringing to the table apart from just disparaging Christianity?

Sugar

Baked
User ID
The one where good christian souls seem to think they need to analyse me, then over a short time come up with a angle/theory where they think god can help me with with my life. Just so they can feel all warm 'n fuzzy in knowing that they saved another soul by doing god's work.

It's well trodden path that see's these good christian souls that end up alienate themselves from all of their family and friends in time. I know 3 people that have done just that (2 family, 1 friend). And yet they never understand why, and then the 'blame' game usually transcends..

Indy! who's analysing you?

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Hey Porky,
You still just quoting Richard Dawkins post and limiting yourself to science and mankinds thinking etc without exploring the obvious spiritual side of life.
What are you bringing to the table apart from just disparaging Christianity?
Spiritually means nothing to me. There is no such thing as a spirit or a soul so its mute to me. We are just piles of multiple cells the same as every other living thing on earth.
The sheer arrogance of humans to think they are worth more and of higher importance than all other creatures disgusts me. Ive got one life and when its over my cells will be returning to earth from where they came.
Just the same as you will.

Top Bottom