1st time grower needing advice on which growing medium to start with

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Dmase

Vegetating
Community Member
User ID
Can I get any advice on when or how long I should be starting to add PK 13/14 in flower? I'm using Canna coco a+b nutes. Canna website says to add it for 3-6 days 3 weeks before harvest. I've read people are using it through out flower..

Cheers

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Can I get any advice on when or how long I should be starting to add PK 13/14 in flower? I'm using Canna coco a+b nutes. Canna website says to add it for 3-6 days 3 weeks before harvest. I've read people are using it through out flower..

Cheers
I've used it from 12/12 in soil! Is a good product!

Dmase

Vegetating
Community Member
User ID
Around week 5 of flower replacing nutes 4 a week
But hell, whatever works 4 u
Keep a close eye on E.C
Lucky I asked.. Would of added it together with the nutes.
You would suggest to go with 1 week of Pk then back to normal feeding?

Dmase

Vegetating
Community Member
User ID
I've used it from 12/12 in soil! Is a good product!
Do you add it with every watering through out flower?
I'm in coco/perlite so need to water everyday.
Afghan Bob suggested week 5 of flower replacing nutes for a week.

VinDeezle

Baked
User ID
For what's it's worth i ended up using pk once a week in place of the base feed during week 4, 5 and 6 for no particular reason bar having it there. I've moved to top dressing back country boost once around week 4-5 now.

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Lucky I asked.. Would of added it together with the nutes.
You would suggest to go with 1 week of Pk then back to normal feeding?
Yeah seems 2 be the way normally used, it sorta depends on ure feeding regime as it will raise ure E.C levels so if u keep using it with ure normal schedule, it may burn plants
Safer 2 use on it's own or with a very diluted range of usual nutes 4 the week
But as the Porkstar said u can experiment and use more often

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
No I used it every 2nd water at half strength at first then went up.

Love to grow

Foot man
User ID
It’s not a replacement for your base nutes it’s an additive for your nutes so use less a and b then add pk it has nothing other than extra p and k in it so u still need the trace elements from your a and b if that makes any sense as she’s a day off and I’m mornin choofing 😂👍

Dmase

Vegetating
Community Member
User ID
For what's it's worth i ended up using pk once a week in place of the base feed during week 4, 5 and 6 for no particular reason bar having it there. I've moved to top dressing back country boost once around week 4-5 now.
Did you see a noticeable difference adding the pk to what you usually do?

Dmase

Vegetating
Community Member
User ID
Yeah seems 2 be the way normally used, it sorta depends on ure feeding regime as it will raise ure E.C levels so if u keep using it with ure normal schedule, it may burn plants
Safer 2 use on it's own or with a very diluted range of usual nutes 4 the week
But as the Porkstar said u can experiment and use more often
Thanks mate, will experiment around with it for a few weeks.

Dmase

Vegetating
Community Member
User ID
It’s not a replacement for your base nutes it’s an additive for your nutes so use less a and b then add pk it has nothing other than extra p and k in it so u still need the trace elements from your a and b if that makes any sense as she’s a day off and I’m mornin choofing 😂👍
Understood mate! Will have a play around with it and see how I go. Enjoy ya day off

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Did you see a noticeable difference adding the pk to what you usually do?
Generally yes, but not always. Some sativa/leaning strains just prefer a lower ec, and don't need a lot of nutes, so pk can burn the tips way too much, and create ongoing issues in the medium. But most hybrid strains generally benefit from added pk around mid/late flowering, and you can notice some bulking within a few days of application. If you haven't grown the strain before try a half strength pk feeding initially, then watch how plant responds after a few days. Some other strains just love it, and drink it like mother's milk.

Dmase

Vegetating
Community Member
User ID
Generally yes, but not always. Some sativa/leaning strains just prefer a lower ec, and don't need a lot of nutes, so pk can burn the tips way too much, and create ongoing issues in the medium. But most hybrid strains generally benefit from added pk around mid/late flowering, and you can notice some bulking within a few days of application. If you haven't grown the strain before try a half strength pk feeding initially, then watch how plant responds after a few days. Some other strains just love it, and drink it like mother's milk.
Im in coco/perlite so how long of a time period would you suggest adding pk? One whole week? On and off through mid to late flower?
Would you suggest replacing it instead of nutes or adding it with nutes?

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Im in coco/perlite so how long of a time period would you suggest adding pk? One whole week? On and off through mid to late flower?
Would you suggest replacing it instead of nutes or adding it with nutes?
Everyone has their preferences. I usually retain my usual base nute strength, and add half strength pk just once. If they seem to like it, I'll add a second or third time. But that's usually because I'm running different strains, and don't want to risk over feeding any sensitive strains. But If a strain really responds well, you can push it to full strength on top of base nutes for around 2 weeks. I add it around week 5, as long as flowers are starting to stack along the main colas.

Top Bottom