Your method for sprouting seeds

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Raniformis

Curing
User ID
Don't use women's sanitary pads, tust me that's a dumb idea.

Im rough as guts, use a tub to trap some semblance of heat in the cold but that's about it. Tap water and nutrients out of the seed.

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I’ve always soaked over night then straight into soil/pot.
This year I did the damp paper towel in a bag method and put near a heater or the sun when it was out.
100% success.
I still prefer just soaking as i am a little shaky and find putting them in with roots already sprouting difficult. But I did it.

Kloud9

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Righto, putting 8 sativa seeds straight into coco, will water them in with 1/2 strength ferty, and put them in me sunroom
still cold as fuck here, so they shouldn't germinate, if they do the ferty should kill them 😂

no heat mat hey

what I want to know is will they germinate and grow or am I wasting 8 seeds ??
Yes they will sprout..

Quokk@

Vegetating
User ID
Yeah they seem to be, nici. If they're the same company that I'm thinking of they might be the one that's been around since the 80's.

Also, I think I've figured out work around with the temp/humidity combo. The extraction would need to be a twin system with a bit of stuffing around with automated shutters.
Just spotted this mate

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Just spotted this mate

That is a nice bit of gear, mate. The bloke has done a great job of developing it so far. Love the dimmer feature built into it for replicating daylight hours, and for plant inspection.

With guys like him getting into it, the future surely is looking bright (pun unintended) for the personal grower.

vostok

Blooming
User ID
my method over the years has changed very little, but did have trouble at first so made a serious study of this

I extract the seeds from the freezer add a teaspoon to a jar lined with sandpaper and shake for 30secs (scarify)

then add to a pre warmed jar with a tbl spoon of aloe vera and warmn water(25c) (surfactant)

then allow the temp controller to run for 8-=10 hours or just before they sink (hold temp)

I leave them to rest for 24h to 'crack' with the radicle to extend 50mm plus, then potup (called 'the rest')

I found with the radicle/tail extended the plants establish much quicker (many don't do this)

but too long they can cause problems damaging the fine hairs of the radicle

which in turn delays establishing

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
my method over the years has changed very little, but did have trouble at first so made a serious study of this

I extract the seeds from the freezer add a teaspoon to a jar lined with sandpaper and shake for 30secs (scarify)

then add to a pre warmed jar with a tbl spoon of aloe vera and warmn water(25c) (surfactant)

then allow the temp controller to run for 8-=10 hours or just before they sink (hold temp)

I leave them to rest for 24h to 'crack' with the radicle to extend 50mm plus, then potup (called 'the rest')

I found with the radicle/tail extended the plants establish much quicker (many don't do this)

but too long they can cause problems damaging the fine hairs of the radicle

which in turn delays establishing
Is there anything that you don't know about cannabis???

vostok

Blooming
User ID
Serious study? Lol, sure ya did Vostok. Which page did you copy and paste that from?
Trolling the membership won't keep the membership active I hope you check the stats daily ..yeah the job you do for free?
the Q's you need to ask..perhaps? how many current members can bring others to this site,
cash vs members its up to you(for now)

the fact that you as admin would bother to read my shit is not impressive at all
back to the desk and make a cuppa tea for the girls

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Trolling the membership won't keep the membership active I hope you check the stats daily ..yeah the job you do for free?
the Q's you need to ask..perhaps? how many current members can bring others to this site,
cash vs members its up to you(for now)

the fact that you as admin would bother to read my shit is not impressive at all
back to the desk and make a cuppa tea for the girls
Got any grow pics yet?

Top Bottom