Your method for sprouting seeds

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

SeaOfGreenKing

Germinating
User ID
I'm old school with germinating... in the substrate, keep it moist with the right temp and they'll come looking for light!. 🤘 But nowadays breeders/sellers seem to have all these new ways of germinating their so called "top quality seeds"... taking something that should be easy and natural, then trying to make it a precise science. 🧐 Perhaps I'm just too old school 👾

I do like this article... It's comprehensive and it's worth a full read, as knowledge is wisdom! ..and It just may change your view a little 🤓

https://www.mandalaseeds.com/Guides/Germination-Guide

I also like how they mention the large size of their seeds, something I believe does make a difference and can be an indicator of quality. I know some might say it doesn't matter... but my experience over the years has proven me otherwise. ✌️

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Ok, just came across this. U know those round make-up remover pads u get from chemists, coles ect
[They do wonders 4 my make-up], use 2 per 5 seeds, one on top, one 4 bottom
Place these on a solid plate in a circle like little sambo's
The magic trick is 2 give each one only 3 sprays with p.h'd water, no more. Do not soak beans in water before
Pads just have 2 be slightly moist.....[mmm love that moist word]
Cover plate with placcy wrap tightly and poke a few tiny holes here and there
Place on top of fridge at the back and leave for 48 hrs. U can have occasional bo-peep but better 2 leave
Last time i did this i had 20 seeds on 5 sambo's. Every one bar 2 seeds grew longest tails i've ever grown, probs 20 mil with full on hairy bit at end of tail
It can take up to 4 days depending on genetics and bean freshness. Give it a go if u struggling 2 germ

Green_Sick

Vegetating
User ID
I'm going to be germinating my first ever seeds soon so this thread is extremely valuable.
Given how broken the supply chains are atm I don't want to germinate any of my precious seeds until ALL of my hardware turns up.
I'm very thankful for the brains trust here that are so generous with their time and support.

F

freddie

I just drop seeds in a glass of water. Unless they are old and stored badly that should be all you need to do. Last year I sprouted seeds I made in 2009, got 3 from 3. They'd been stored in the fridge all that time. Most seeds will sprout in a day or two, but the odd ones can take up to a week.

Tried to sprout my first expensive CBD seed a few weeks ago. Left it sitting on the table in a glass of water. Anyway, got home after a sweaty bike ride and sculled a glass of water. Oops, the one with the seed in. Doh

Top Bottom