Who will you vote for in the upcoming NSW election?

Who will you be voting for in the NSW elections?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
So though this would be appropriate to as the election is on Saturday!!
Obviously this is only for NSW residents!!
Or maybe just tell us if you did live in NSW who you would vote for!!
I'm genuinely interested to see if anyone will admit to voting for the Coalition!!

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Not too sure of NSW's political scene. But if you go by the papers The Dom is good as fucked. Sounds like a desperate fuck, willing to toss every kid 50k to mature for them for later in life, for house or Uni loans.

Orb

Curing
Community Member
User ID
I’ve only been here 20 years but can’t say much good about any mainstream NSW party - corruption, branch stacking, sexual harassment…

It’s facking endless tbh

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Not too sure of NSW's political scene. But if you go by the papers The Dom is good as fucked. Sounds like a desperate fuck, willing to toss every kid 50k to mature for them for later in life, for house or Uni loans.
Have you seen my other thread?? 🤣
Full of reasons not to vote for that pedophile protectionist!!!

R3za92

Baked
User ID
I'm going greens 1st then Labor 2nd!
If greens get more 1 votes they will be given more funding!!
Labor will get the preference anyway if ya vote greens 1!!
Not necessarily. Because nsw isn’t a compulsory preference voting state there’s a chance the libs/nats could sneak in without your preferences being awarded. We’ve seen the libs take advantage of a green wave in the 2019 election that shorten was supposed to win by a mile but lost at the post and nearly seen it again in the last fed election (it was only the teals fucking up liberal safe seats that got labor through).
It also doesn’t help that the greens keep Targeting safe labor seats instead of coalition or swing seats.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Not necessarily. Because nsw isn’t a compulsory preference voting state there’s a chance the libs/nats could sneak in without your preferences being awarded. We’ve seen the libs take advantage of a green wave in the 2019 election that shorten was supposed to win by a mile but lost at the post and nearly seen it again in the last fed election (it was only the teals fucking up liberal safe seats that got labor through).
It also doesn’t help that the greens keep Targeting safe labor seats instead of coalition or swing seats.
All greens votes in this election will be preferenced to Labor unless the green candidate takes the seat outright!!
I'll still be numbering every box with labor 2nd and the cuntalition dead last!
Even though I don't think much of Labor!
The more 1 votes the greens get the more funding they get!!

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
So I’m only going to number 3 boxes.
Legalise cannabis
Animal justice
The greens

Only because in all honesty the first two probably won’t win my local seat but at least I’ll throw my support and then the greens get my preference.

But I won’t preference labor, National or one nation. Kinda worried about one nation in my seat though. Lots of racist bogans where I live.

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
Exactly right in my case. Labor only lost once in the last century

R3za92

Baked
User ID
So I’m only going to number 3 boxes.
Legalise cannabis
Animal justice
The greens

Only because in all honesty the first two probably won’t win my local seat but at least I’ll throw my support and then the greens get my preference.

But I won’t preference labor, National or one nation. Kinda worried about one nation in my seat though. Lots of racist bogans where I live.
You realise after those get eliminated your vote just doesn’t count right? This is the exact type of voting which could allow a liberal party victory

R3za92

Baked
User ID
All greens votes in this election will be preferenced to Labor unless the green candidate takes the seat outright!!
I'll still be numbering every box with labor 2nd and the cuntalition dead last!
Even though I don't think much of Labor!
The more 1 votes the greens get the more funding they get!!
Your assuming that the greens vote gets eliminated. Votes are eliminated in rounds and because of the weird nsw system and preferential voting in general there’s no guarantee it gets to a point where all votes are eliminated except 2. After the first few rounds you might only need a majority of 70% (or less) of the seats votes because a bunch of people only voted 1 on candidate eliminated n the first few rounds. You might have labour greens still fighting over 20-30% of the remaining votes and the lib of Nat candidate sneak.

I’d hate to see a 4th liberal term just to get the greens some extra funding.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Your assuming that the greens vote gets eliminated. Votes are eliminated in rounds and because of the weird nsw system and preferential voting in general there’s no guarantee it gets to a point where all votes are eliminated except 2. After the first few rounds you might only need a majority of 70% (or less) of the seats votes because a bunch of people only voted 1 on candidate eliminated n the first few rounds. You might have labour greens still fighting over 20-30% of the remaining votes and the lib of Nat candidate sneak.

I’d hate to see a 4th liberal term just to get the greens some extra funding.
That's why the coalition will be absolutely last on my card!!

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
You realise after those get eliminated your vote just doesn’t count right? This is the exact type of voting which could allow a liberal party victory
Yeah I get that.
it’s a rock and a hard place for my electorate.
Labor has a 19% dominance I think. But I really don’t what them here either as it’s a safe seat so nothing ever gets done here.

We aren’t like the upper hunter where Nats hold a very slight lead

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
If I voted and if I still lived in Sydney I’d vote this except possibly switch the first two around.
I like weed but like animals more :)

Reactions: Orb

benn0

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Helen Dalton, ex SFF party member seems to be a decent indipendant for my electorate

Top Bottom