What's the weather like?

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Use to feed mine raw mince steak ,
Yeah they reckon that’s not good for em either cause it’s minced. Chunks probably be ok.
I was listening to a vet on the radio a few years back and he said the only things humans should feed carnivore birds is dry cat or dog food.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Sugar

Baked
User ID
Sugar you shouldn’t feed magpies mushy wet food it gets stuck in crevices in their beaks and rots them. That looks like porridge or wheat bix.
Dry cat or dog food is best for them.

No it's a mixture of diced chicken thighs, dry cat food and a few dried bits of seeded bread

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Straight beak carnivore birds shouldn’t have stuff in their beaks. Like when ya watch em pull a worm from the ground they pull it out with the tip of their beak tilt their head back and down it goes whole.

Sugar

Baked
User ID
Straight beak carnivore birds shouldn’t have stuff in their beaks. Like when ya watch em pull a worm from the ground they pull it out with the tip of their beak tilt their head back and down it goes whole.

ok thanks I'll do just the dry cat food.
I'm in a quandary with the maggie because she has lost her partner and is nesting and comes to me often for food

Sugar

Baked
User ID
They will be almost solely reliant on you if you feed them every day.

I don't want that and I had been feeding the birds during the bushfire period for a few months (galahs, sulphur crested pigeons, native minor birds, various parrots, crows, currawongs, maggies you name em) and gradually weaned off so they went foraging themselves but these two birds haven't forgotten where I am and now they are breeding they hassle the heck out of me...hard for me not to feed them

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Just feed em every 2nd or 3rd day. If the mother just feeds at your place that’s all she will teach the kids to do.

Gazza

Forum Pisshead
User ID
4 ute loads of green waste I was fuckin wrecked, shame my kids are still fucking useless little fucks kicking them out on the 16th birthday fuck off welcome to the real world.

Top Bottom