Vaporiser Reviews

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Crafty+ review. So after having a flowermate mini Pro for about 3 years I bought myself a crafty+ from Australian vapourisers. After doing a fair bit of reading I was expecting big things from this vape ($400rrp). I'm now a daily vaper but by no means a big user, have just one bowl each night maybe a few more on the weekend.
Out of the box, it's a pretty light unit as it's made out of some medical grade plastic. There is a small cleaning tool which slots in to the base which even though it sits firmly does rattle around a bit when the unit is in your hand.
As for vaping temps, there are 3 presets which come at default of 180/195/210 which for me seemed reasonable so I left them as is. 210c is the max temp which for some may not be enough but it is for me. You can change the presets if you want via the app with the unit connecting to your phone via Bluetooth.
The unit doesn't have a display, instead it relies on the press of the power button which turns the unit on and cycles through the preset temps. There are a couple of LED lights which flash or stay solid depending if the unit is heating up or reached temp already. To be honest, I would have preferred something more discrete than 2 blazing LED strips for all to see when it's in your hand. Even after lowering the brightness via the app they're still plenty visible. A set of 3 smaller more discrete LEDs doing the same job so it's not as eye catching when you're using it in public would have been better. BTW the app is only available for android but I think for apple you can get it from the S&B website.
The vapour quality and ease of drawing is just awesome. For my flowermate mini I felt at times like I was sucking on a maccas thickshake, although need to admit its a tiny unit so I probably should have set my expectations lower with the flowermate mini. With the crafty+ hardly any resistance at all. The bowl is a good size too as is the dosing capsule should you choose to use it. After 3 big draws job done. I'll certainly get more out my weed with this unit.
Battery life so far, can't say much. Have read its very good but compared to my flowermate mini I'm sure it's better.
So that's it really. Pretty pleased with the purchase but just need to get used to a newer way of operating my vape.
Pics below next to my flowermate mini. Have been using the Bong attachment with the mini as the glass stem broke.
Cheers
MLG
View attachment 2756View attachment 2757View attachment 2758View attachment 2759View attachment 2760
Nice review mate. 👍👍

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
View attachment 2761

Oh my, it works so well. Haven't felt this high in a long, long time. I'll report more later. Need to find a dark, quiet spot for a bit.

I wrote the above yesterday. I must have been pretty messy as I forgot to hit the post reply button. I'll do a better wrap once I've played for a week or so.
Looks very nice mate. I’m curious how you plan to clean the hose.

D

Deleted member cpr

Looks very nice mate. I’m curious how you plan to clean the hose.
I was just going to metho it. The manufacturers consider bags and hoses to be disposable items, everything is available as spares.

I haven't used the whip since filling a bag. The bags are the shit! Can fill you're lungs with milky goodness with one big 1/2 second huff and it gives a me a nice rush.

I'm well impressed with how easy this thing is to use and how well it bakes the pot. The chamber is big, 3 large cones big. I can fill it to the top, cook up one bag (10 litres?) and the weed is spent. No stirring or careful packing required, just load and go. Even my wife has it sorted. So far I love this thing.

HGO

Plant of the Month - Sep,2020.
Community Member
User ID
you have me sold I'm gonna grab one as soon as I've moved into the new place
Those bags look great!!

T

thecannakid

yeh if ur into bongs then its the shizz. I went from bags to this. I like to crank the temp up, prime the whip nd 1 shot it. clean with 99 iso including the whips, nd keep the reclaim if u want. havent tried metho but.eq bubbler.jpg

D

Deleted member cpr

Volcano Digital review.

I'm too lazy to go into the basics so I'm just going to post a vid that covers it much better than I could. The presenter is a funny guy.

I'm going to talk about the app and the workflows, which are very cool and can change things up more than I had ever imagined. I thought it was all wank But it's gold.

The workflows are essentially a sequence of command that can be programmed to fill a bag with mixed temp vape and depending on how you go about it the effects and flavours vary heaps. For instance, I can just set the temp to 220 and fill a bag or i can use the workflow below and get something quite different.

Screenshot_20200810-134150_STORZ & BICKEL.jpg

Here's another workflow. It's not mine, I scabbed it from Reddit.

Screenshot_20200726-234156_Samsung Internet.jpg

Overall I'm in love with my volcano. Everyone asks if ots worth the price and I'm going to say yes, so long as it won't break the bank. It is an extremely nicely built bit of kit. Everything from the valves on the bags to the filling chamber works flawlessly and is very easy to use.

I'm not much of a reviewer but I'm happy to answer any questions that you my have.

Cheers all.

D

Deleted member cpr

I still Want one....... How long do the bags last and how much do replacements Cost
Do it mate :)

The bags will last a long time if you're careful not to rip them but after about an ounce they are a bit sticky and taste a little off. You can buy the bags as a 3m roll, cut them to desired length. 3 x 3m rolls for about $20. Pre made bags are also available, not sure about the cost. The machine comes with 4 bags.

HGO

Plant of the Month - Sep,2020.
Community Member
User ID
Righto Thanks Coop for ya help mate I might get one soon
One last question does it come with the Bowl reducer or do you have to order that separately

Reactions: mlg
D

Deleted member cpr

Its separate and worth getting I hope because I've one in the post. It's about $20. Really, it should be included IMO

Reactions: mlg
D

Deleted member cpr

Does anyone here recycle their vape dregs? I've just made some butter. 1 oz of toasted dregs washed in hot water, squeezed dryish and then soaked in 500g of hot butter for an hour, then separated the butter from the shit. I'm not sure what to expect, could be killer or piss weak.

Top Bottom