The Wuhan virus 🦠

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Raniformis

Curing
User ID
Ahhh Coolio. I know they've been expecting a spike iin most areas due to the gatherings associated with Xmas/new year's.

We'll see what happens over the next fortnight I guess.

nugget

Blooming
User ID
Kicking off down here too everyone losing their minds gov dropping the ball same shit we're just a bit behind you guys.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Fuck I’ve had a lazy day today. Just woke up from a 4 hour nap. Heavy head and blocked ears. Just no energy.
Missed this mornings feeding but just checked and they look ok. I’ll go and mix up some nutes soon.
My neighbours are both Covid positive. Went to their window this morning asking if they needed any groceries. Lady told me she spent 2 days in bed with no energy and throat felt like razor blades in there. 5th day today and they're feeling much better, doing all normal daily household activities, but remaining in isolation.

Madmick

Baked
User ID
Ok guys I'll give a quick run down from stay in hospital for 2 days

Acute treatment emergency

The first thing I became aware of was that there already patients COVID positive

The first was a old man with dementia that wouldn't keep hid mask or any protection continually, like every 15 mins at the most , going to toilet

The 2nd was a man ,again with dementia , who at least had on mask continually trying to walk around , mind you it's 3 am and the nurse shouting at him that's he's got covid get back to bed

Both were in for under lying conditions testing posits at hosipat on arrival

The 3rd and most intriguing, separated by 8 ft with a curtain between us , was a man who sat in emergency waiting room all day , from 7am was 3am when he got a bed next to me with respiratory problems

His wife who also tested positive 3 days earlier was allowed to sit with him

I complained as he thought she at least shouldn't be there and I felt unsafe

I was told I'd be fine

The defib machine in front of me was used twice in that room around 4 am , again came to hospital due issues related covid , 1 made it the other apparently not

Saturday I get moved to ward , was immediately aware of covid patients in room with non covid patients

My wife tested herself thinking she could visit but was told no visitors without exemptions

Yet a covid positive can be with someone the hole time in acute care where patients are much more vulnerable

A nurse told me they over run with covid patients there was no where else to put them

1 in 3 are off as casual contact or infected

There's no staff , my wife and others were ringing hospital but no person answered , same the other guys in my room

So no staff meant that once a drip had finished you sat there with the alarm going off for a hour on occasion

Extra medication took 3 to 5 hrs to get

Doctors change your chart , nurses blame doctor for not telling them , doctors say nurses should look for changes made by doctors , this for me meant missing 2 meals and dinner and breakfast I couldn't eat
Simply because no body bothered to check for updates on my chart

So any changes , like you can have food aren't noticed so you starve

Because the doctor was with me yesterday the food order lady just filled it in herself, which she can do , but she doesn't read any charts

So me and the other bloke with stomach issues get fucking some spicy chicken crap , the other 2 with no issues get fucking roast beef or chicken and bacon and eggs for breakfast

2 more emergency in ward , 1 dead the other in intensive care

I know they were dead because at same time I went down for a chamber in the vape they wheeled them past me

95 % of the nurses are that tired from double shifts they got the shits , but who ultimately pays for that is the patient

Contiunally feeling like a burden asking them for assistance

A lot more I could inform you about but to sum up the hospitals they are truly fucked

The health system in this state is failing miserably

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Ok guys I'll give a quick run down from stay in hospital for 2 days

Acute treatment emergency

The first thing I became aware of was that there already patients COVID positive

The first was a old man with dementia that wouldn't keep hid mask or any protection continually, like every 15 mins at the most , going to toilet

The 2nd was a man ,again with dementia , who at least had on mask continually trying to walk around , mind you it's 3 am and the nurse shouting at him that's he's got covid get back to bed

Both were in for under lying conditions testing posits at hosipat on arrival

The 3rd and most intriguing, separated by 8 ft with a curtain between us , was a man who sat in emergency waiting room all day , from 7am was 3am when he got a bed next to me with respiratory problems

His wife who also tested positive 3 days earlier was allowed to sit with him

I complained as he thought she at least shouldn't be there and I felt unsafe

I was told I'd be fine

The defib machine in front of me was used twice in that room around 4 am , again came to hospital due issues related covid , 1 made it the other apparently not

Saturday I get moved to ward , was immediately aware of covid patients in room with non covid patients

My wife tested herself thinking she could visit but was told no visitors without exemptions

Yet a covid positive can be with someone the hole time in acute care where patients are much more vulnerable

A nurse told me they over run with covid patients there was no where else to put them

1 in 3 are off as casual contact or infected

There's no staff , my wife and others were ringing hospital but no person answered , same the other guys in my room

So no staff meant that once a drip had finished you sat there with the alarm going off for a hour on occasion

Extra medication took 3 to 5 hrs to get

Doctors change your chart , nurses blame doctor for not telling them , doctors say nurses should look for changes made by doctors , this for me meant missing 2 meals and dinner and breakfast I couldn't eat
Simply because no body bothered to check for updates on my chart

So any changes , like you can have food aren't noticed so you starve

Because the doctor was with me yesterday the food order lady just filled it in herself, which she can do , but she doesn't read any charts

So me and the other bloke with stomach issues get fucking some spicy chicken crap , the other 2 with no issues get fucking roast beef or chicken and bacon and eggs for breakfast

2 more emergency in ward , 1 dead the other in intensive care

I know they were dead because at same time I went down for a chamber in the vape they wheeled them past me

95 % of the nurses are that tired from double shifts they got the shits , but who ultimately pays for that is the patient

Contiunally feeling like a burden asking them for assistance

A lot more I could inform you about but to sum up the hospitals they are truly fucked

The health system in this state is failing miserably
Nurses are struggling with demand and staff shortages. Can't blame them for the shitty system. They're just trying to survive, like most of us are. The Fed Govt is a basket case. Cherry pick what they want to get involved with, and palm off everything else to the States. Maybe time for one National Health System in Aus, as the artificial State border malarkey has just made matters worse. Certainly hasn't stopped the spread, I think my daughter has Covid this morning ( symptoms are all there) after unknowingly spending a day with her friend who is now positive.

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
You’re right mate the gov just doesn’t have a clue. I’ve lived in the UK for a year and the NHS was certainly better (saying that I never really had any health problems over there). My wife wishes she got her wisdom teeth out while there. It would have be covered.

Hope you’re daughter feels ok.

Ganja Kaiser

Baked
User ID
So got a positive test yesterday. 🤦‍♂️ was only a matter of time I guess.
I had to double-check what thread I was in just then and realized it was this covid thread. Worried it was your work for a moment there. Dunno if that's a good thing or not lol

EDIT: Fucking that read really insensitive when I read it back. Hope you're okay mate. Sorry.

Last edited:
Top Bottom