The wide world of Nutes

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Hey Buddy, if you knew shit you'd know basic seasol is not a nutrient but plant conditioner or health tonic and root stimulant.
You may be referring to one of the regular power feeds?
Power feed hydroponic is a complete new formula and from what I can see so far a pretty good one after 2 runs.
Seasol nice enough to send me material data sheet and I can assure you there are no excess salts.
People on here use seasol to fantastic effect ( have you ever tried it?)
Or you must have shares in hydro shop they hate seasol because it's better and cheaper than all their overpriced root stimulant. ✌🏻
Ok my bad I haven’t actually checked out there new hydro range because of how trash the rest of their products are. The regular seasol (which im aware is a root tonic)has more salt than literally anything else in the bottle other than water, the power feeds are also salty crap if you look into it. You’d be better off with eco seaweed from Bunnings to replace the regular seasol (it’s only a seaweed supplement that they call a “root tonic” any kelp product would do the same job)

Personally I prefer to use base salts and ag grade nutrients because they’re heaps cheaper than anything from Bunnings.

also I doubt anything your getting from Bunnings has sufficient levels of phosphorus for flower.

Last edited:

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
just looked at the powerfeed product at bunnings.

They will sell heaps of that shit, nice they call it "pro series". Excellent marketing...

NPK 9:2:13

R3za92

Baked
User ID
just looked at the powerfeed product at bunnings.

They will sell heaps of that shit, nice they call it "pro series". Excellent marketing...

NPK 9:2:13

I just had a look on their website. They don’t even have a proper nutrient analysis with the micros listed. And damn those phos levels are low as heck.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Trialling some new nutes myself next indoor grow as a can't get the old Nulife Powergro Grow & Bloom anymore. So i recently bought Sensi Pro Bio Diesel Green + Diamond and Mills Nutrient Basis A+B, though i'll probably go with the latter, as any supplier that uses gimmicks 'n buzzwords to sell their shit is usually a turn off to me. It's the sole reason i won't bother with Cyco nutes. That said, i was fucked when i had to buy silica, Cyco was the only brand i could source at the time. 🤬

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Im a big fan of nts nutrients. https://www.nutri-tech.com.au/liquid-fertilisers

they’re ag grade products so the initial purchase can seem a little expensive but there dosage rates are hella low so they last for ages.

I’m a big fan of their trio cmb for a calcium/mag supplement which I mostly use as a foliar treatment. Also a fan of their k rich as a foliar to push k harder in late flower.

there’s a few other products I want to try out including their triacontanol, fulvic and some of their microbe products. My next order from them will be some tri-kelp, fulvic and maybe a microbe product.

Mellow oldfark

Trichome Enthusiast
User ID
Some people think oldfark talk shit cause I don't do brag and praise shots,
Maybe oldfark needs to show some skills soon.
Never fear Rez,oldfark here!
Doubt not my good man oldfark been doing this for near 40 years.
You don't need any thing too fancy to grow top class flowers.
Besides decent genetics.
And some good Aussie products which have stood the test of time.
Some hate seasol, all good.✌🏻

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
Auto pot branded nutes 5l worth of powder of a + b for $30 ish bucks just add water.

Some fulvic acid

Been using them in Coco recently no issues.

On the seasol thing, you can smell the saltiness of all that sodium lol. Get the powdered seaweed from bunnings from OCP which is the arcadian stuff rebranded.

That seasol pro series just seems like basic nutes with fish , seaweed and humic acids.

Mellow oldfark

Trichome Enthusiast
User ID
Just for the seasol haters 1/3 of a gram of salt per kilo.
That's clearly fuck all Rez.
Seawweed does not absorb salt.
And I see you've started these mis truths on other forums and you know your wrong .
your brain is farting man.....✌🏻

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Just for the seasol haters 1/3 of a gram of salt per kilo.
That's clearly fuck all Rez.
Seawweed does not absorb salt.
And I see you've started these mis truths on other forums and you know your wrong .
your brain is farting man.....✌🏻

it’s actually over 3 grams per litre and that’s actually a fair bit of salt. The regular seasol has more sodium than any other nutrient in the solution which is fucked. Sodium does nothing for plants and can actually lead to ph and uptake issues.

regular tap water has more nutrients in 1L than the bottle of seasol does.

your right about seaweed not absorbing salt because other manufacturers don’t have sodium issues, so I put it down to seasol being lazy and not rinsing their seaweed properly.

and nothing I’ve stated is false. Seasol is saltly trash and there are better products that do the same thing cheaper without the added salt. Personally I prefer to buy my kelp products as powder/granules so I’m not paying for water

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Off Topic: Used to swear by Seasol for outdoors, given up on it these days 'n jumped onto Searles range. Using 5 in 1 Liquid Fertiliser at the moment, only until i can get my hands on some Seamax Organic Fish & Kelp Fertiliser

I’m a big fan of the searles 5in1 soil booster bags when I’m doing a living soil. Shit is off Tits. Few bags into a cube of decent Garden soil and boost it with a few other amendments like seamungus and I get away with water only and a few stategic top feeds with a pellatised nutrient mix like dynamic lifter or rooster booster, the phos pellets from Bunnings to boost phos going into flower. Plants turned out mint.

Wish I could do outdoors where I’m living now, love growing bigger plants

FFD65578-EBA7-46A0-A23B-42C254F5B24B.jpeg
pic is from my last outdoor season 5 or so years ago, I recon I could easily double it these days in the same size pot.

Top Bottom