Spider mites !!!!!

Gazza

Forum Pisshead
User ID
might be a cold weather thing, never had that problem during first grow which I started in December.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now
D

Deleted member DC01

Yeah they could of come from here, but the only spider mites I've had in the last few years have been red cunts(from Sydney)
not the two spotted black cunts

have had spider mites here on and off for years, they live in the soil I think, pop up every now and then
no problem outside most years, the cold wet shit keeps them under control, but inside they can get out of control quick

have/did not noticed any on me outside plants, they are all chopped up now, so won't be seeing any on em lol

they don't smoke much, have never lost any to them, unlike Aphids the dirty rotten cunts

there is more bugs spiders insects pestilence and disease here then most shitholes, there is always something running amok

Epifanio

Seedling
User ID
Good night friends, my plant now has animals similar to those in the photo in the first comment, they gave me this insecticide brought from Mexico "Savage", they think I can use it without problem .

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Good night friends, my plant now has animals similar to those in the photo in the first comment, they gave me this insecticide brought from Mexico "Savage", they think I can use it without problem .
Hola mate !!!! Where are you from amigo ?? I might be interested in some Dinafem beans directly from Spain, if you can get them šŸ˜‰ BTW, that insecticide is too expensive. I get the local kangaroos to piss on my plants, which keeps all pests away.

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Jimbob........plastic containers.....clingrap.......holes in clingrap......and apple cidar vinegar

2 inches of vinegar in container, clingrap over top, few holes in clingrap, elastic band around container, [soz 4got about laccy band ], put on top of pot or soil

Sit back and watch little fukers kill emselves diving in 4 a slurp of what they smell but can't get out. Fair dinkum bottom of container turns black

Wait on.......think this is 4 funky gnats
Sorry 2 waste ure time......am quite baked at mo

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Apologies Jimboss, 4 stupid comment last night
Was on a small bender and didn't mean any disrespect

Spider mites one of worst fukers u can have in ure house....[worse than mom-in-law]
I think it was GreenQueen that come up with pulling whole plant and letting lil buggers congregate on roots and then hoover treatment

In your case probs better 2 chop that one cola since ure so close 2 harvest
Peace out

Jimboss83

Germinating
User ID
All good bob ! Handy advice on the fungus gnats none the less hahaha Iā€™ve suffered with those pricks too in my coco !!!

Jiffy

Blooming
User ID
I just noticed these webs, there was about 6-7 silky webs on the top cola of my BMS, I looked under the leaves and couldn't see anything but im 100% sure this is the beginning of a spider mite attack. I couldn't see them this morning, but i had to move the plant out of my grow tent for several hours while i dismantled the old tent and put up the new.

See in the photo i highlighted next to the webs. What can i do to help eradicate them before it turn into a full blown infestation?

You'll have to zoom right in to see them.

IMG20211118205058.jpg

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
I can't tell from those photos. Get a loupe and look under the leaves. White eggs are spider mites. You'll see adults moving via the loupe.

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
i'm with pedro
you'd expect to see speckling on the leaves generally first b4 you see spider mite webs
the plant would need to be pretty well infested to see a full spider mite web

remove the webs & keep an eye out for more webs to know it's still on the plant
scoping the leaves with a loupe is always a good thing to do anytime

Jiffy

Blooming
User ID
Thanks guys, i removed the webs when i saw then last night. i looked pretty hard to try see any mites on the top and bottom leaves of that main cola. I couldn't see anything.

I just checked out to see if any further webs had sprung up overnight and I couldn't see any. I'm going to be inspecting this very closely over the next several days. I've got a usb microscope, but i think getting a loupe would be a lot easier to check quickly everytime i open the tent, then setting up the laptop. Thanks for the Advice (y)

Fingers crossed it was just a random spider web.

mlg

Vegetating
User ID
As a side note, once I moved to all perlite grows I hadn't got any pests in my dungeon. Nowhere for them to settle in the substrate.
Before I used to get them all... Gnats and Mites. Having a good strong oscillating fan has helped me too.

Top Bottom