Spider mites !!!!!

Jimboss83

Germinating
User ID
Hey crew
I’m heading into the last 2 weeks of my grow and now I’ve had an outbreak of mites !
2 days ago everything seems fine but I did clip some leaves fromthe plants and put them in a backer which I left on the scrog screen.

didn’t go in yesterday as I finished work late
One of the big colas dropped due to weight and was resting on that bucket full of leaves - I’m guessing all them leaves that might have had a couple of mites on them have congregated to a bloody army and all jumped onto the one cola !!!

I’ve only got a couple weeks to go should I just cut my losses and chop the lot now incase it spreads and then I lose everything ?
I did start a flush a few days ago cause the coco runoff was high .. see the pic

Attachments

• C68A6401-3D6C-474F-A435-AC9C72446419.jpeg
    C68A6401-3D6C-474F-A435-AC9C72446419.jpeg
    6.4 MB · Views: 56

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Fuck me thats some mites.
2 weeks left not much ya can do.
Personally ide cut that one off and see how the rest goes.
When ya cut it off hang it upside down as they migrate to the top of what ever they are on.
Seen a while back on some of tunks plants.
He pulled em with the roots still on amd the mites went to the root ball.
At least i think it was tunks. 😂

Jimboss83

Germinating
User ID
Hahaha good to know
I’ll let them go a little longer if I don’t get itchy scissor fingers hahaha
They are quite milky the triches I was just hoping they’d fatten up some more !

puggle6

Baked
User ID
little cunts are the pits.. throw a tent party on ya almost ready buds!

The one time I have had them (top of main cola), they were outdoor soil plants, I ended up tidying up best I could by hand and literally nuking them under 1k HPS. they didn't like that much at all and pretty much fucked off

Buds were a bit crispy but got to finish (y)

H2o2 spray also an option but if you do that keep the light off them while they are wet (keep plenty of airflow)

GL

Jimboss83

Germinating
User ID
I’ve just noticed some tiny little webs across (literally like single strands ) a few of the branches and seperate buds .
Might bite the bullet and trim them :/ at least my lights have arrived for the comparison grows lol

Jimboss83

Germinating
User ID
little cunts are the pits.. throw a tent party on ya almost ready buds!

The one time I have had them (top of main cola), they were outdoor soil plants, I ended up tidying up best I could by hand and literally nuking them under 1k HPS. they didn't like that much at all and pretty much fucked off

Buds were a bit crispy but got to finish (y)

H2o2 spray also an option but if you do that keep the light off them while they are wet (keep plenty of airflow)

GL
Hahaha throw a tent party classic

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
id maybe cut that bad branch ,probably first try a vacuum cleaner on it .then go through the crop wiping away any webs and squeezing them as you do it to kill the cunts.

Just do that each day ,,couple of weeks won't ruin it all ,but picking early might.

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
not much i can add to the suggestions
just keep an eye on buds cause sometimes mite infestation is followed by mold

Gazza

Forum Pisshead
User ID
I’m having fun with the dirty fucks too, got eggs everywhere, I’m going to defol first, I’m going to go the course of a miticide spray. Tried a pyrethrum spray last night just after lights out, just checked now cunts still everywhere, might try a few different things need to find something fast ffs.

D

Deleted member DC01

Flour and water is all i use for the fuckers these days, get them early or get the vacuum cleaner out later on lol
they are cunts to get rid of completely, without spraying toxic shit on ya plants

why type are they Gazza ? red or black

Last edited by a moderator:

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
I used Dead Red a few weeks back ...it worked.

On two spotted mites.

Richcomingfromyou

Vegetating
User ID
Wow that's fucking bad luck. 😳 Good luck with it, better if it'd never gotten as far as it has. Fucking wow! 😳 Crazy mites.

Some IPM from start to finish next run and full sterilization of everything once you finish this one. Hope that prevents future infestations.

Gazza

Forum Pisshead
User ID
Think I got the bastards used a few different methods. Will definitely be a full sterilization when I’m done.

made up a bucket of pesticide and dunked all me clones, looking heaps better but just waiting for the little fucks to come back.

Gazza

Forum Pisshead
User ID
Popped a few of his magical beans, got them in quarantine.

Yeah fuck the black dom was the only plant that got added in that was from somewhere else. Cheeky fucker tryin to sabotage me grow from the inside 😝

Rekon they can Appears from anywhere, at first I thought it was a deficiency, microscopic little bastards, might check me pillow come to think of it that could be scary.

Gazza

Forum Pisshead
User ID
Dust mites, more little bastards you can breathe in. My shed would be a breeding ground it’s over 100 years old apparently, hard wood floors, rekon hundreds of rabbit warrens under it.

Top Bottom