• Thread starter Deleted member cpr
  • Start date

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Nah mate, perlite. I used neem in Adelaide a fair bit and it's gold IMO. I think I might start using it as a routine in veg. Don't think there's any harm in it.
Ive heard if ya use it to frequently in soil it can choke the soil for want of a better term.
Ive never had that problem though.
Perlite i would assume would not have that problem.

D

Deleted member cpr

How'd ya go @Cooper ?
It's looking positive. Yesterday a few crawlers showed up in my pumping box looking dead or sick. There's lots more in there today. From what i understand it kills them slowly and it looks like they are suffering :) the plants look OK, it's hard to say how bad the problem is.

Veg room stinks of neem, there's still no sign of them in there but I'd be bloody lucky if I haven't spread them.

We'll see if they are as bad as Google reckons, fucking doom and gloom stuff and ive stopped reading it (y)

D

Deleted member cpr

I flooded the pots in my bloom room again, to check for bugs and a few of the little bastards showed up looking fit and healthy. I also found one in my veg room :confused:which I've neemed the roots so heavily that my plants are starting to show deficiencies. Bummer!

A new tactic, thanks to Google is to bomb the room with 10000 ppm of co2 for an hour or so. Apparently it kills all sorts of bugs. Anyway, I've just emptied a Shit load of gas in my bloom space, a big air pump is delivering it into the pots. My co2 meter maxes out at 10000ppm and ive exceded that well and truly. Crazy times! Die bugs die.

D

Deleted member cpr

There's only a week to go, so if they die I'll still be ok if not bitter and sore. I'll let you know anyway :geek:

D

Deleted member cpr

Oh yeah, not pumping straight co2 into the pots. I'm pumping from inside the room so about 10000 ppm. If that doesn't work I'll hook the gas bottle up to my feeder rings and completely flood the pots with the stuff. Only for an hour or so.

D

Deleted member DC01

I blame the perlite, its attracting the fuckers, should of gone with the coco lol
Co2 fuck that's bad stuff, your room will get way to hot at 10000 ppms, the temps will quadruple at least

Ask Porky he knows

A week to go, hardly worth worrying about
get ya veg plants fixed up, or you will be playing the same game again in a month

D

Deleted member cpr

I blame the perlite, its attracting the fuckers, should of gone with the coco lol
Co2 fuck that's bad stuff, your room will get way to hot at 10000 ppms, the temps will quadruple at least

Ask Porky he knows

A week to go, hardly worth worrying about
get ya veg plants fixed up, or you will be playing the same game again in a month
I'm worried cos co2 is systemic and will accumulate in my buds ;)

I'm trying to kill them in veg. Hardcore chems ain't working very well and apparently neem doesn't bother them much either. I'm almost worried. The point of nuking my bloom now is to see if it works without killing my plants. If it works ill treat my veg girls when i transfer them. I'd also like to kill the fuckers to stop me from spreading them around when I chop.

Last resort is predators, later maybe.

D

Deleted member cpr

I'm yet to try peroxide. I think to completely destroy them I'd have to flood my pots with it? Even then I reckon it would just singe the adults and piss them off.

Would predators be likely to completely rid me of them within a few runs or would I be purchasing them forever?

puggle6

Baked
User ID
peroxide works great but you need to be careful, will not hurt your plant in any way but will literally nuke all life in your plants ecosystem. You would need to drench and spray the plants at lights out and prob best to do all practical surfaces, then maybe repeat within a week (letting pots dry right out)

You will need to then dose your vegging plants with microbes to allow full spectrum uptake of nutrients again.

Flowering plants can be taken down as normal, it wont burn them if lights out and very light airflow allowing to fully evaporate.

I've done this on my old room with flowering plants as seedlings kept dying and I couldnt work out why. Turned out to be pythium. completely resolved the problem.

Works really well for PM also, you can wash buds to salvage them, in fact it is common practice for many US dispensary farms.

At this stage it would be a good option and follow up later with predatory treatments if you want to stay el natural..

Not to say h202 isn't natural, its just oxygen and water, the oxygen evaporates off and nukes anything touching it.

D

Deleted member cpr

peroxide works great but you need to be careful, will not hurt your plant in any way but will literally nuke all life in your plants ecosystem. You would need to drench and spray the plants at lights out and prob best to do all practical surfaces, then maybe repeat within a week (letting pots dry right out)

You will need to then dose your vegging plants with microbes to allow full spectrum uptake of nutrients again.

Flowering plants can be taken down as normal, it wont burn them if lights out and very light airflow allowing to fully evaporate.

I've done this on my old room with flowering plants as seedlings kept dying and I couldnt work out why. Turned out to be pythium. completely resolved the problem.

Works really well for PM also, you can wash buds to salvage them, in fact it is common practice for many US dispensary farms.

At this stage it would be a good option and follow up later with predatory treatments if you want to stay el natural..

Not to say h202 isn't natural, its just oxygen and water, the oxygen evaporates off and nukes anything touching it.
Thanks for the detailed response. Its on the cards if this doesnt work.

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
I'm still a proponent of taking cuttings starting again clean. I feel you will save a lot of headaches in the future by doing this.

H202 can burn root tips, the extra oxygen molecule will bind with anything organic.

Also my experience managing larger mealy on larger cacti is that you can never get rid of em 100% they lived in the benches etc. Not sure if its the same for the root mealies.

D

Deleted member DC01

Haven't you used it before pugs ?

I have in the past, for various reasons, one of them being pythium
never noticed any problems, depends how much you use i suppose, was in Areoponics

don't get it on ya skin

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
"because oxidising agents such as hydrogen peroxide, chlorine and monochloramine are oxidants there are a few important things to consider. Firstly, oxidants are highly reactive with organic matter, decreasing there effectiveness. Secondly, because oxidants attack any organic matter they can damage or even kill the roots of plants. Lastly, Oxidants may be uptaken by the plant."

Quoted from https://manicbotanix.com/disinfection-in-hydroponics-root-disease-prevention/

Very good article.

puggle6

Baked
User ID
Caution for sure frank, I did use double recommended (researched) without adverse effect, plants did pale off a little but quickly recovered when I replenished microbes and nutrients.

The brand I've used (y)

Top Bottom