Random pics of weed

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Indy

Misfit
User ID
I meant to ask, do you ph the nutes to 6-6.5 ?

Ahh no, good point. i do pH balance the water before adding it. But haven't bothered checking a brew afterwards. i'll be mixing up a batch in the morning 'n i'll check then to see if it changes.

I usually us this type of pH Test Kit, but it'll be cloudy afterwards and affect the colour. But i do have one of these dodgy pen's i can test with instead to see what i get.

Kloud9

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Ahh no, good point. i do pH balance the water before adding it. But haven't bothered checking a brew afterwards. i'll be mixing up a batch in the morning 'n i'll check then to see if it changes.

I usually us this type of pH Test Kit, but it'll be cloudy afterwards and affect the colour. But i do have one of these dodgy pen's i can test with instead to see what i get.
Ok cool just fyi, as I did the same thing ph 6 water, then added, and it bloody 4.5-5... Stuff works great at ph 6-6.5 soil, a lot of ph up needed

Last edited:

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Ok cool just fyi, as I did the same thing ph 6 water, then added, and it bloody 4.5-5... Stuff works great at ph 6-6.5 soil, a lot of ph up needed

Absolutely, I tested the water before (with the pH pen) and it came in at 6.23, and by the time i made the batch up, it dropped to 2.18. i thought i'd check with my droplet kit and it put the number in a similar ballpark figure. Quite surprised it threw it out that much. So yeah, as you mentioned, kloud, it'd needed a good splash of pH up to get it back up into range. I will say though, i've had this current bottle 18 months or so in a warm shed, so it may have done something to it. But i'll get a new bottle and see if there's any difference.

Cheers for the heads up, man. 👍

Top Bottom