Pollinating pre flowers and making seeds in veg.

D

Deleted member cpr

I think it might be working. I've only got miniscule amounts of pollen to work with but most of the hairs have shriveled. I've brushed over them a few times in the last couple of days. I touched everything with a white hair and even the very small, fresh calyx's responded. I've either pollinated or damaged the hairs, time will tell. I'm curious to see if the plants will grow or ditch them.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Alright. Upon closer inspection there is some pollen in those sacks. It's not dusty though, think that is because the ,RH has been through the roof and the pollen can't dry? Anyway if I give them a rub, yellow stuff comes out. I got a bit excited and rubbed a couple on a cotton bud until it was yellow. I then went about feeling up the lady parts of my girls in veg. Bloody hard to get pics of the calyx, some looked more ripe than others. I reckon I pollinated (tried to) about 500 of them.

View attachment 1660View attachment 1661View attachment 1662
Yeah sweet. Do you think it will work mate??

D

Deleted member DC01

A quick Google suggests that I can chuck pollen at pre flowers and make a small number of seeds on a veging plant.

This appeals to me because I don't need many seeds and I should be able to make them without any risk of pollinating my bloom space. I think I'm going to have a go, if I can make some pollen. I'll take a clone tonight, to be reversed soon.

Any thoughts, maybe it's BS and won't work IDK.
Yeah it works, why wouldn't it ?

D

Deleted member DC01

Yeah, growing a few seeds out now from the outdoor season

Had a lovely Cats Piss male I put over a few females from me early ins and outs this season
had an affie just starting to show pistils, though I'd throw a bit of pollen at a few of them, got viable seeds of it
did the same the year before with a few plants and some Malawi pollen, they all worked as well\

its only good for making a few seeds, but it works well, seeds are all well matured

Richcomingfromyou

Vegetating
User ID
I collect the flower and allow it to dry and drop its load so to speak on a dry plate or similar. This can then be scraped up and put into a container or like you have applied with a q tip. Those pre flowers look developed enough and not discolored so should accept your pollen.

If dried, collected and stored right pollen is viable for 12 months or greater. STS is a far better method as is using a cut to reverse and apply to another cut from the same mother. Selfing it's basically seed clones, however the potential is that of the parent/a. So if all strains involved are ok, all will be ok but nothing amazing.

The best way in my opinion is the first 3 generations bred regular with samples of say 50 plants or greater at least at f2. F2 is what makes or breaks a strain. You can just ditch all 50 or 100 if none pop out at you, and believe me, outliers will smash you in the face in many, many ways. Might take 120 seed plants.

Once you have 3 gens of homogenous selection of outliers and a semi stable strain you select the best female, clone her, femme her. Femme fire.

Crossing two strains as S1 or f1 is only a cross of the two parent strains and is in no way a strain. Others might say different.

However to provide yourself with some femme seeds is well done. Congrats mate a lot of people balk at this and really it's not hard. Really look into STS it's far superior to any other method. Also using clones mate, far better then seed plants. Seed plants are mums.

D

Deleted member cpr

I collect the flower and allow it to dry and drop its load so to speak on a dry plate or similar. This can then be scraped up and put into a container or like you have applied with a q tip. Those pre flowers look developed enough and not discolored so should accept your pollen.

If dried, collected and stored right pollen is viable for 12 months or greater. STS is a far better method as is using a cut to reverse and apply to another cut from the same mother. Selfing it's basically seed clones, however the potential is that of the parent/a. So if all strains involved are ok, all will be ok but nothing amazing.

The best way in my opinion is the first 3 generations bred regular with samples of say 50 plants or greater at least at f2. F2 is what makes or breaks a strain. You can just ditch all 50 or 100 if none pop out at you, and believe me, outliers will smash you in the face in many, many ways. Might take 120 seed plants.

Once you have 3 gens of homogenous selection of outliers and a semi stable strain you select the best female, clone her, femme her. Femme fire.

Crossing two strains as S1 or f1 is only a cross of the two parent strains and is in no way a strain. Others might say different.

However to provide yourself with some femme seeds is well done. Congrats mate a lot of people balk at this and really it's not hard. Really look into STS it's far superior to any other method. Also using clones mate, far better then seed plants. Seed plants are mums.

Thanks rich lots of info there.

I've no intentions of becoming a breeder I'm more than happy with the title Far Q pollen chucker Really I'm interested in finding something nice in the f1's that I can hang onto. I'm not going to try and stabilise anything, I'll leave that to the pro's. I'm not a complete tosser though, I've only used cuts that are tried, tested and produce the goods.

Richcomingfromyou

Vegetating
User ID
Yeah F1 are fun. Taking cuts, growing them out. You can just reverse an f1 girl from cuts and it'll be somewhat stable. Using clones from one parent plant. There will be some variance in.the S1 offspring but not a huge amount vs f2 regular breeding brother to sister.

I've a f1 dark ghost train haze S1 x Skyfire f3 male I've used. Stupidly frosty. Frostiest boy I've seen from hundreds of males. Looking forward to growing the offspring out.

My giga zkittles fast f2 s1. Now femme s2 and regular f3.

Attachments

• IMG_20200721_200456.jpg
    IMG_20200721_200456.jpg
    403.8 KB · Views: 10

Richcomingfromyou

Vegetating
User ID
More Giga zkittles. Bunch of different test growers. All doing well. Light feeder this girl, very stretchy, high yield. Stinks of fruit and avionics fuel. Hard hitting stonned. Has banana diesel by norstar, zkittles, skunk and soma genetics.

Attachments

• received_2808498092769711.jpeg
    received_2808498092769711.jpeg
    433 KB · Views: 7
V

VB Seeds

Plus 1
The Seeds from these Nodes end up being big fat Bastards too
How would you know mate, got any big plants for us ??
or just the Buzzo and Porky size ones ?
lots of trics no doubt, good job mates

D

Deleted member cpr

It doesn't look very promising ATM folks. All good, it matters not.

D

Deleted member cpr

I've just taken down the ladies that i was trying to pollinate and I can't find one seed. Either my pollen was dud or pollnating pre flowers in veg doesn't make seeds or maybe I farked up some other way. It doesn't matter as I don't need the seeds but I'm still a little disappointed that I didn't get some zombie x blueberry og beans to play with.

puggle6

Baked
User ID
bugga..

There is a 'window' when plant hormones are active to be able to receive pollination and not hard to miss when selective pollinating let alone just the nodes :unsure:

Top Bottom