Pollinating pre flowers and making seeds in veg.

D

Deleted member cpr

A quick Google suggests that I can chuck pollen at pre flowers and make a small number of seeds on a veging plant.

This appeals to me because I don't need many seeds and I should be able to make them without any risk of pollinating my bloom space. I think I'm going to have a go, if I can make some pollen. I'll take a clone tonight, to be reversed soon.

Any thoughts, maybe it's BS and won't work IDK.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Kloud9

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Go coops, pic and all , keen to know if this one works, and what or how stable to genetics in the seeds are :unsure:

D

Deleted member cpr

I'll do my best folks and document progress. I took a cut yesterday, still needs to grow roots, be reversed and make some pollen, so at best I'm going to say at least 6 weeks before I can play? Also, I'm a complete novice breeder so....

Madmick

Baked
User ID
I gave a plant to a mate that I put in late winter so it was in early flower when he got it
It was already fertilized with a male along with a few others I grew out indoors then reveged
However he put his straight into the ground and it started to reveg almost straight away
He rang about 6 weeks layer and said even though the plant was in it veg stage the flowers that already been pollinated still produced viable seeds
Is this what you are attempting , if so I believe it can be done
I let my fertisled girls grow out and produce seeds

D

Deleted member cpr

I gave a plant to a mate that I put in late winter so it was in early flower when he got it
It was already fertilized with a male along with a few others I grew out indoors then reveged
However he put his straight into the ground and it started to reveg almost straight away
He rang about 6 weeks layer and said even though the plant was in it veg stage the flowers that already been pollinated still produced viable seeds
Is this what you are attempting , if so I believe it can be done
I let my fertisled girls grow out and produce seeds
That sounds promising.

I'm not planning on re veging. My girls are always covered in pre flowers. That is what I'm going to work with. Like thisphoto-2020-04-12 13-28-44.jpg

D

Deleted member cpr

Progress on this has been slow, but I've finally grown some balls ;)
I spared every expense to produce them, check out my fancy setup. I switched a clone as soon as it had roots and sprayed it once a day with CS for a couple of weeks. It's pods have just started to burst. No pollen yet.

The light is about 30w of very old aquarium LED. It's giving off about 20K lux at plant level.
20200614_114449.jpg20200614_114405.jpg20200614_114228.jpg20200614_114256.jpg

D

Deleted member cpr

Alright. Upon closer inspection there is some pollen in those sacks. It's not dusty though, think that is because the ,RH has been through the roof and the pollen can't dry? Anyway if I give them a rub, yellow stuff comes out. I got a bit excited and rubbed a couple on a cotton bud until it was yellow. I then went about feeling up the lady parts of my girls in veg. Bloody hard to get pics of the calyx, some looked more ripe than others. I reckon I pollinated (tried to) about 500 of them.

20200614_171619.jpg20200614_171708.jpgphoto-2020-06-14 14-22-16.jpg

Top Bottom